Message Boards

Topic : 06/26 Teens Having Babies

Number of Replies: 562
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 25, 2008, 01:22:11 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/01/08) Parent alert: If you have a teenaged son or daughter, you'll want to sit down with him or her and watch this show! Dr. Phil takes a hard look at what happens when young girls find themselves having a baby while they're still babies themselves. It doesn’t just happen to the bad girl down the street; your child can become pregnant while living under your roof. First up, Ansley is 14 and says she's ready to have a baby now. She's so desperate to be a mom that she lied and told people she is pregnant. Her dad and stepmother say she's gone so far as to show people fake sonograms! Are Ansley's elaborate lies just ploys to get attention, or is there something more going on? When Dr. Phil shows Ansley a glimpse of what it's really like to be a teen with a baby, will she change her opinion? Next, Pam was shocked to receive a phone call from the high school principal telling her that her 16-year-old, Kaylee, was four months pregnant. She says she had no idea her daughter was even having sex! Did she miss the signs? Now eight months along, see Kaylee's emotional story of how her pregnancy has impacted her entire family. And, 19-year-old Amber is mom to an 11-month-old and recently discovered she was pregnant again. Was she trying to trap the baby's father as his mother claims? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 7, 2009, 8:46 am CDT

Pregnant at 16

I am only 16 years old, but I am 3 months pregnant, so I can relate to the topic very well. The baby's father and me are not together as a couple, by that I mean that we don't live together and we are not dating. However, the baby's father is willing to provide for me and the baby since he has a job and he earns enough to support me financially. I am thankful that I have the mother that I have because even though at times it is hard for her to handle my current situation, ever since I told her that I was pregnant she has granted me her full support, something I cannot say that I did not imagine because I knew she had a heart of gold, but it's just surprising that she thought things thoroughly and quickly decided to support me as much as possible. We have decided to keep the baby and the baby's father is anxious for my belly to grow and for me to give birth soon, which will not happen since I'll probably be due in December or January, not sure yet since my first appointment with an OB doctor is tomorrow. Thank God for giving me the mom that is caring.

August 21, 2009, 11:26 am CDT

Its not hard

I am 17 years old and i have a 6 month old. I love him very much and i hear everyone saying that it is hard and its touch. Well you can tell me all that and i will respond. I am not encouraging anybody to do it but really its giving up your time as a teen and devoting that time to your child. I live with my man and we are doing just fine we have our own place and living more than well. I dont get why everybody brings pregnant teens down. It might be wrong but to me it was the best thing thing that happened to me. I love my life and i love my baby.

First | Prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | Next Page | Last Page