Message Boards

Topic : 02/04 Dirty Little Secrets

Number of Replies: 277
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 01, 2008, 02:17:21 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Affairs, sex with strangers, previous marriages and secret children … What happens to a relationship after someone confesses a deep, dark secret? Lee recently disclosed to his wife, Kristina, that he had been married three times before her and that he has a teenage daughter. Kristina says she feels stupid for buying Lee’s stories, and now she wants out. Lee, an actor, says he’s desperate to get his wife back, but has his best performance to date been playing husband to Kristina? Then, to the outside world, Sheri and Raymond appear to be a happily married couple of seven years with three young children, but behind closed doors, their marriage is nothing but a charade. Sheri admits that for the past four years, she has been dating close to 15 other men, whom she refers to as "friends with benefits." Raymond says he keeps up the facade for their children, but Sheri’s promiscuity has got to stop. You won’t believe what Sheri says happened to her eight years ago that may be at the center of her cheating heart. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 2, 2008, 4:30 pm CST

i got this one!

Quote From: farmgirl7

COULD THE PROBLEM BE: OUR DEF. OF LOVE?  DO WE PAIR SEX WITH LOVE?  DR. PHIL, PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT REAL LOVE IS.  (WITH AND WITHOUT THE SEX)  MANY NEED TO KNOW.  THANK YOU
No one can explain what REAL LOVE is not even Dr.Phil. Only you know when you love somebody, the thing is does that person carry that same love for you. unfortuatly you can love someone with all your heart but that person may only love you for the sex or for the way you take care of them or for your money etc.. you know you really love that person when you feel it not in your heart but in your stomach! and you'll know this feeling because you don't get that feeling in your stomach for everyone. when you have that feeling for someone you'll do WHATEVER it takes to make that person happy and if that person has the same feeling they will do whatever it takes to make you happy!

February 2, 2008, 6:23 pm CST

cheating

Quote From: laurieg14

In MY mind, no matter what kind of tragedy or problems you have had in the past, that you could possibly justify lowering yourself to sleeping with 15 different men while being in a commited relationship. I CAN actually speak from SOME semblance of experience having had to leave home at the ripe old age of 16, and later on having lost my infant daughter to SIDS. I believe you have to take responsability for your own actions as it will only be yourself who pays later on for your mistakes and possibly your children as theyll absorb EVERYTHING that goes on around them no matter HOW well you THINK you are hiding things from them. They see EVERYTHING. I dont think your partner should have to pay for the things you do either. I honestly believe that in todays society there are FAR too many people that like to blame everything, and everybody else for their problems instead of just dealing with them, or getting HELP dealing with them. Blaming a situation, or your parents, or a spouse, or WHATEVER will only hurt YOU. You have to be able to acknowledge it, and FACE it head on, or youll only end up destroying yourself ( or your KIDS, who incidentally never ASKED to BE here!) and never leading a productive life.

I dont belive any one shoud cheat on there spous  if it that bad get out be for you play  I could my husband twice and I told him the 3 time and he is out the door I was a single mom  for 24 years as I devorce when she was a year old  and I would dreather be alone then put up with a man that lies or cheats I have a daughter and son in law who are wanderful and 3 grand kids  and a lot of other that call me grandma just be couse they dont have one around  and I think it said when some one chets but you can neep it in the but if you went to

I wich this show just about every day  and so does my grandaughter when she is home from work

have a wanderful day

Linda in Tnn

February 2, 2008, 6:39 pm CST

You are amazing

Quote From: kristinalakey

I have to say I wish I would have yelled at Lee a lot more.  I decided to be true to myself and what I was feeling that day.  I didn't WANT to scream at him because I had been screaming at him for a long time already.  I just wanted Dr. Phil to give him a what for.  And I wanted to make sure he never got a date ever again.
If I could go back I would really tell him just what I thought.....and maybe throw a chair.....okay, maybe not but it's a good fantasy.
I'm sure that you made the right choice at the time.  Though, throwing a chair might have added some dramatic effect. I'll be watching Monday with Tym. Were going to hiss and boo everytime Lee comes on screen. You're one of the smart ones. You left, and stayed gone. I'm very proud of you.

February 2, 2008, 7:24 pm CST

In the real world

Reading a few of these comments had me spewing my dr. pepper on the computer screen.

Yes marriage (should) be about love and trust and blah blah blah. Some people have these requirments and others had them but lost them. Life happens. Hey I'm all for blaming someone else. Works for me. lol

In reply to the comment about  how people (should) take responsibility for their actions; You are right but what about those who (uh like me) became an addict, thief, and down right pathetic individual because my family taught me well. I only did what I had learned. Does that excuse anything I did or the lies I told? Nope but that is something I had to crawl out of hell to see.

People should really get off their high horses about how wonderful and sin free they have been and start having a little compassion for those of us who had to learn the hard way.

Whew I feel better.

I really just wanted to say that people make mistakes and I believe coming clean takes courage and facing the consequences of the lies told is admirable.

Come on...don't use the wrongs of others to make yourself look good.

Okay now I feel even better. lol

February 2, 2008, 7:52 pm CST

I know a man................

I know a man that lies about every aspect of his life.  What would make a person lie about marital status, the number of children he has, a military career and the involvement with multiple women at one time?   This is a 62 year old man.   He is very good at what he does.   When caught in lies and confronted, he admits to not being honorable and goes on.   He does not care that he breaks hearts.  Is there hope for a person like this?

February 2, 2008, 8:50 pm CST

It Just Goes To Show You,

It  just goes to show you that with all the personal freedoms that people have and desire,  they still get trapped by thier own ignorance. It is just unfortunate that people are not aware of how fragile not only life is, but people are as well. Also you don't get a second chance in life to do the first things right. It happens to smart people, it happens to people who "should know better". But that is part of living, we stumble upon chances and hope to not get caught. Okay, so he has a child, and "got away with it", but now he goes and gets married and for what ever reason is trying to "conceal" he has a child. Well, this is questionable, what is he waiting for? Approval, is it okay that I have a child would be one of the questions that you could ask, that would be completely logical, a child from a previous marraige presents a number of questions that may or may not be immediately answered. There are continuing circumstances that occur that the other spouse who is not the biological child may or may not want the responsibility of.

Was he fearing that? or the rejection? That would be perfectly acceptable, there is a definite vunerability in people who have a child from a previous marraige versus someone who is single and there fore in a totally different catagory. He may have perfectly legit feelings about being shunned, it happens that other peoples families are not accepting of the "other" child. Rude as it may seem, it happens. But to go as far as marrying the person and not saying anything about a "child" no matter how old, it is definitely something I would want to know. Mind you if the kids of that relationship are even older, they may come out and be very disapproving of the other spouse as well. So it's not always as cut and dry as it seems.

February 3, 2008, 1:37 am CST

Why do people say gay marriage and civil unions are going to breakdown marriage?

Sounds like some people are doing a pretty good job breaking down their marriages right now.

February 3, 2008, 5:40 am CST

Do Something Different!

Think!  Rather than choosing to remain self-centered, egotistical, the "world revolves around me" small-minded individuals, do something different!  Do they even recognize, first of all, that their behavior is soooooooo outlandish?  It's destroying them along with their families.  My main concern regards the welfare of the children.  Oh, how my heart goes out to these precious ones.  Adults are capable of making choices.  Children, especially young ones, do not have such opportunities.  Please, if for only your children, stop, stop, stop what you are doing!  Admit that you are in need of help.  Then, get help. 

February 3, 2008, 6:18 am CST

Wow

I've been waiting for a show like this.  I myself have just gotton out of a relationship just like this. Its has been and still is a emotional stress. People who do these things don't understand the first meaning of a relationship.  I was taken in by a sex addict. Didn't know the extent of it until about 10months ago. I new he had problems, but I didn't know how deep they went. Until I started sensing things just weren't right. I started paying more of attention to his actions. Did a little investigating. And the truth came out!  People who want to deceive their partner, dont deserve a partner.  I could tell you stories, and you would ask me why in the world did I stay 3 yrs with this person. People wake up to fact, if you love someone and commit to someone....and its what you want.....be honest.  Life is to short to stay in a relationship that is NOT a TRUE one!

February 3, 2008, 7:24 am CST

huh

Quote From: marianparoo

Sounds like some people are doing a pretty good job breaking down their marriages right now.

All marriages have problems.

This does not have anything to do with being gay.

"Marriage" is a union between two people. Put two people together for years and there will be conflicts. If there aren't any problems then you are living in a fantasy world or your meds are working for you. lol

Who doesn't "lie" occassionally?

Big secrets that affect others well being should be shared. It's that simple.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last