Message Boards

Topic : 02/05 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement

Number of Replies: 161
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 01, 2008, 02:18:38 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Four engaged couples wondering if they’re ready to walk down the aisle move into The Dr. Phil House. Will their dysfunctional and toxic behavior stand in the way of a happy life together? Lacey says her fiancé, Kalin, has hit, choked and cheated on her, all while she was pregnant with their child. Steve is afraid of displeasing his fiancée, Stephanie, who considers herself a princess. Scott thinks his wife-to-be, Lisa, tears down his dreams of being a musician, while Lisa thinks Scott is a male chauvinist. Tim and Lilly are just 19 years old. Are they completely unprepared for their baby, due in two months? Each couple will be put to the test to see if they really know their partner’s flaws, funds, family and future expectations. After several challenges, will the couples decide to head to the altar or just call it quits? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 5, 2008, 3:03 pm CST

Gifts??!!

WHY is he giving any of these couples elaborate and expensive gifts? What on earth have they done to deserve or earn them? Did they take away the TV from the cheater? I thought the idea of this was to help these couples - who obviously all need it badly. Giving gifts just seems to reward bad behavior. Bad idea, Dr. Phil.

February 5, 2008, 3:04 pm CST

duh

Marriage is give and take  50/50and if all you do is take when theres nothing left 2 give where do you go?

February 5, 2008, 3:07 pm CST

Rules Of Engagement

You people can make it work if you just put each other first.  But, what would really help the most is get in a good Bible preaching church.  Put Jesus at the center of your lives and if you do that you will be a whole lot better off.  My husband and I have been married for 33 1/2 years and I got married when I was 17 years old and not because I had to because our first child wasn't born until 2 years later.  We are still as happy today as we were then.  We do not argue, we just simply get along great, we love each other and we go to church every week.  I couldn't stay with someone that called me a bitch, or whore or any names like that.  I couldn't respect a person like that.  I was 12 years old when I met my husband, and we are still together 38 1/2 years later and still very much in love.         

February 5, 2008, 3:11 pm CST

02/05 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement

yeah that'd be considered cheating nasale:( he should be able to get turned on by you, not other girls.

February 5, 2008, 3:12 pm CST

wow i see some similarities.....

My relationship is almost identical to stephanie and steve's!!! I will definately watch the rest of the shows to try and help my relationship!

February 5, 2008, 3:13 pm CST

Stephanie is TOO Immature for Relationships

Oh dear - Steve - RUN FOR THE WOODS ... Stephanie just is too immature - its all about her - her - oh year - her. Instead of realizing that she was better off with a guy who didn't cheat even at games she (and the other one) were whining and whinging and complaining - and quitting. Its not fun amynore - we're not having fun .... what are these women - 10 years old???

In a couple of years when and if she grows up Stephanie might be ready - but right now she's not ready for a relationship with anyone but Stephania - look at the outfits she has one - in a houseful of people she's petrified that she won't stand out so she wears sparkling clubwear just so she will stand out -- she's always screaming "look at me look at me look at me". She's doesn't want to work on a relationship she just wants Steve to give in,  and its always going to be that way -- "oopps I overspent? get over it - its to make me look pretty and don't you want me to be pretty and happy???" is all this guy is going to hear from her the rest of his life - as he's doing the dishes, taking care of the kids, cleaning the house before she gets back from the spa.  A true princess would do what's best for those around her - a fake spoiled brat looks out for only number 1.

February 5, 2008, 3:17 pm CST

WHAT?

How cares what kind of gifts they get........the real deal is these people have no idea how bad their lives will get.  If it is bad now, it will only get worse.  I only wish i would have been able to talk to dr. phil.  I am sure i will not be here in 5 years because i made the choice these indiviuals are now being told about.

February 5, 2008, 3:20 pm CST

what?

Yes, marriage is 50-50.....if you both feel that way.  Try being told everyday you are a piece of crap and see how strong you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 5, 2008, 3:21 pm CST

Princess Stephanie

It is so sad to see people like Stephanie, who have it all looks, money, and a great guy still act like they deserve more! You have a good guy who obviously worships the ground you walk on and you still feel he owes you more! Thats ridiculous! You dont even deserve to have anyone the way you act! What if you had a baby? Would you yell at it and tell it to rub your back and cook you dinner? I think Dr Phil needs to devote a whole show to trying to fix you! Wake up and realize that the world does not revolve around you! If you died tomorrow it wouldn't effect the world like Princess Di. Only your friends and family will care, and do you want to be remembered as cold-hearted, demanding & high maintnance? Because that is the impression that you have given to Dr Phil viewers. Lose the princess act you look like an idiot!

February 5, 2008, 3:23 pm CST

Quote From: kec132

Oh dear - Steve - RUN FOR THE WOODS ... Stephanie just is too immature - its all about her - her - oh year - her. Instead of realizing that she was better off with a guy who didn't cheat even at games she (and the other one) were whining and whinging and complaining - and quitting. Its not fun amynore - we're not having fun .... what are these women - 10 years old???

In a couple of years when and if she grows up Stephanie might be ready - but right now she's not ready for a relationship with anyone but Stephania - look at the outfits she has one - in a houseful of people she's petrified that she won't stand out so she wears sparkling clubwear just so she will stand out -- she's always screaming "look at me look at me look at me". She's doesn't want to work on a relationship she just wants Steve to give in,  and its always going to be that way -- "oopps I overspent? get over it - its to make me look pretty and don't you want me to be pretty and happy???" is all this guy is going to hear from her the rest of his life - as he's doing the dishes, taking care of the kids, cleaning the house before she gets back from the spa.  A true princess would do what's best for those around her - a fake spoiled brat looks out for only number 1.

i dont think stephanie is immature at all. shes just a girly girl and theres nothing wrong with that. I believe her problem is always wanting to be the center of attention. in most situations when someone wants "all eyes on them" they are just overly jealous, which is another problem. i think if she and steve really want to work this out they can!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last