Message Boards

Topic : 02/07 Pill Popping Twins, Part 2

Number of Replies: 296
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 01, 2008, 02:21:07 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues delving into the lives of twin sisters, Yvette and Yvonne, who abuse pain pills. They live with their mother, with whom they have a volatile relationship, and the household is filled with fighting, screaming, cursing and even passing out in front of their children. Their father, Timothy, a former drug addict, joins the show. Why do they become emotional upon seeing him? Next, find out who else Yvonne blames for her drug problem. Then, Dr. Phil presses the twins to face the truth. Will these sisters acknowledge the emotional impact that they are having on their young children and make a change? And, when faced with the ultimate choice, will Yvette and Yvonne choose life or death? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 7, 2008, 7:22 am CST

Kids are #1

I am grateful to the show for offering help to these individuals (twins) who so desperately need it. I hope that they will take full advantage of this life-altering offer. But...... I am extremely concerned about the care the children will receive from their mother. I think she also desperately needs counseling, therapy and/or rehab. Dr. Phil, I am in shock that you suggested and asked that this "mother" take over raising  those children while they get the help they need.  The children need to be away from that environment while they all get help and  the children need counseling as well.  This is  the first time I have ever commented on one of your programs but I just felt so strongly that the best interest in the children is not with their mother.!

February 7, 2008, 7:28 am CST

Addicted Twins

Please somebody do something for the little children. The grandmother has serious issues and needs help too or the kids will continue to suffer while their mother is away even more. The straight-sister needs to get to know her dad and let him walk her down the isle at her wedding; it could be the beginning of real healing for the entire family.

February 7, 2008, 8:12 am CST

confused

My heart goes out to both the twins on the show today.  Before i get any negativity, let me ex pain, these twins definitely need help for themselves and there children.  But  I think the sister  that brought them to the show needs major counseling, believe me I know you can not help who your family are or what they do.  And she doesn't even want her dad to walk her down the aisle. So she has to have major issues herself.  In my opinion the so called sister thinks she is  better than all of them.  And obviously there mother needs major counseling or something, I don't even know if that would help her.  I pray the best for the twins and i pray they both get help and I hope that there family will learn how to show compassion and help the twins.

February 7, 2008, 8:16 am CST

02/07 Pill Popping Twins, Part 2

I watched both parts of the show about the twins and their drug abuse problem. Although I agree with the solution of having them go into rehab, frankly I was very surprised, that the person who initiated the whole intervention was not asked to help out with the children while the twins go into rehab. I'm sure there's more to the story, but it seems like Maria is Miss high and mighty wants no part of her family in the wedding (having her dad walking her down the aisle), doesn't want her sisters being part of the celebration. I think she should get off her high horse and be part of the solution as well. Dr. Phil I think you should have put some of the responsibility on her as well. It was also interesting that when one of the twins wanted to engage in a conversation regarding a phone call, which had to do with MISS MARIA moving out, so that her mom could sell the house, it seemed like it was quickly stopped and the topic shifted again to the twins etc. I believe, that Maria should be taking some responsibilities for the actions and if she wants the sisters to get help, she should put her foot forward as well!

February 7, 2008, 8:17 am CST

dr phil. i don't believe the mom will take care of the children properly. i do believe she agreed to care for the children only because she was put on the spot, she was on the phone and didn't want to be the bad guy. you can always tell someone by the look on their face and since the mother wasn't on the show no one had the chance to see her reactions to everything. i certainly hope and pray that the twins follow through with their rehab but for some reason my gut says they won't. the father is by far no role model and since he hasn't been in their lives i don't think he should be involved in any part of the twins treatment.

February 7, 2008, 8:20 am CST

Methadone

As I was watching the show I was more than surprised to hear Dr. Phil speak to one of the daughters about methadone rotting her teeth. I have worked in a methadone clinic for many years and this is one of the myths we try to dispel.  I would be interested in reading any medical or scientific reports that support your comment.

February 7, 2008, 9:06 am CST

Outraged

I certainly hope that in Part II of this topic you address the children.  This must be reported to the authorities immediately.  This is your responsibility as a professional to report abuse particuarly of children.  PLEASE HELP THESE CHILDREN NOW!

February 7, 2008, 9:13 am CST

Get those twins out of the children's lives

Yes, the twins are sad, unhappy people...addicts.  BUT THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP THOSE CHILDREN IN THAT HORRID ABUSIVE SITUATION EVEN ONE MOMENT LONGER.  I survived an alcoholic mother at a time when those things were not discussed.  My brother and I are both survivors of an alcoholic mother.  To use that word "alcoholic" is so clinical and does not in any way describe the utter hell she put us through.  We should say that we survived a drunken mother.  From the time I was 7 and my brother was 4, for the next 21+ years.  What do you say to a child of 9 who comes home to find mom passed out on the kitchen floor, surrounded by her own vomit?  Or the child of 6 who is terrorized beyond belief after riding in an automobile with his mother who ran up onto curbs, ran stop lights???  And these are merely 2 instances of YEARS and YEARS of this crap.  When she finally did get sober, she dried out...looked around at the devestation of our lives that SHE created and acted as if WE were the problem.  The hell with the twins...get them some help BUT MORE IMPORTANT...GET THE CHILDREN OUT OF THERE.

February 7, 2008, 9:17 am CST

O Ye of little faith......

So many people after yesterday's show posted negative comments about the fact that Dr. Phil didn't jump in there and take away those children....but, I had faith in the man; I knew there was part 2 and here's what I know about Dr. Phil:

This man is ALWAYS on the side of the children, and he made the right decision to put the twins in re-hab rather than to sic DCS on the family and take away the kids!

Putting children into the system when there is ANY other viable choice is destructive to the children. Foster homes can be a crap shoot....there are many wonderful, loving foster parents out there, but there are also greedy, despicable people who only take in kids for the money and treat them horribly.  So, if you can fix what's wrong and keep a family together that should be the first route you take.

Rock on, Dr. Phil!!   

February 7, 2008, 9:23 am CST

I am saddened by the show today. I am a grateful recovering alcoholic- addict who can has been there .The children also need therapy, I know mine did. This is a disease that affects the entire family. Dr Phil have you ever heard of Amethyst? It is one of the best treatment centers for not only helping women to stop using but to treat the trauma and pain that are the underlying problem. Using is just a symptom of our disease; it is not the whole of it! Amethyst is a sanctuary where women and their children begin the process of healing. I am sure there are other residential treatment centers that take both the addict and their children. What better way to break the cycle than to be surrounded by love and acceptance in a safe environment as you learn to break down the walls of denial. Mothers and children both need to learn the new life skills. I hope they fill their spiritual toolbox with the tools they need to succeed after they establish a good foundation. Sobriety is a blessing!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last