Message Boards

Topic : 02/07 Pill Popping Twins, Part 2

Number of Replies: 296
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 01, 2008, 02:21:07 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues delving into the lives of twin sisters, Yvette and Yvonne, who abuse pain pills. They live with their mother, with whom they have a volatile relationship, and the household is filled with fighting, screaming, cursing and even passing out in front of their children. Their father, Timothy, a former drug addict, joins the show. Why do they become emotional upon seeing him? Next, find out who else Yvonne blames for her drug problem. Then, Dr. Phil presses the twins to face the truth. Will these sisters acknowledge the emotional impact that they are having on their young children and make a change? And, when faced with the ultimate choice, will Yvette and Yvonne choose life or death? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 7, 2008, 12:41 pm CST

what about

WHAT ABOUT THE DOCTOR'S THAT PERSCRIBE PAIN PILLS TOO.I DIDNT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT THE DOCTORS.BUT NOOOO THEY DONT EVER GET BLAMED.MY DOCTOR HAD ME ON TWO AT A TIME BOTH NARCOTIC'S AND IM ON ONE NOW PERKS.DOCTORS WILL GIVE ANYONE PERKS OR NARCOTICS.I KNOW BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS ON THEM AND ALL THEY DID WAS ASK FOR THEM AND THE DOCTORS SAID SURE.AND THEY GOT THEM NO PROBLEM.SOMETIMES YOU NEED THEM TO GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE.IM SORRY BUT YES THIS IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT.BECAUSE LIKE I SAID IM ON PAIN MEDS AND HAVE BEEN FOR WELL OVER TEN YEARS.IM NOT A DRUGGY.WITHOUT THE PAIN MED I COULD'NT GET ON WITH MY DAY AT ALL.IM IN SOOOO MUCH PAIN MY GOD WITHOUT MY PAIN PILLS I WOULD'NR AND COULD'NT GET  ON MY FEET

CUDDLES05

February 7, 2008, 12:43 pm CST

Pill popping twins DRAMA

All I can say about these ADULT women is GOOD GRIEF!!!! These women need to get over themselves and their self-destructive behavior, get into rehab, get clean and sober and start behaving like ADULTS with children. I never observed so much pitiful whining in all my life, it's time to leave the PITY PARTY, grow up, go your seperate ways, MOVE OUT on your own so your mother can have a LIFE and just be a decent, drug free mother to your children. They don't deserve this kind of life, they're the ones that I really pity.   

February 7, 2008, 12:44 pm CST

dr.phil help them nowwwwwwwwwwwwww

dr.phil theres no need to yell and scream at these 2 women as you can see their very depressed and yes have a drug problem. Just look at the way they were brought up ,,a mother that is a drinker and a father that has a drug problem as well. So no wonder why they are HOOKED.

February 7, 2008, 12:50 pm CST

02/07 Pill Popping Twins, Part 2

Quote From: sparklspd

From what part of the world are these women?  I have never heard that accent before!
It's DRUG SLUR

February 7, 2008, 12:51 pm CST

twins

Dr Phil,  I just finished watching you tell the mother of the three children what she is doing to them and how they are going to end up doing the same thing.  wasn't she ONCE A CHILD who went through this exact same thing?This is exactly why she is doing it.  why didn't you address that or show her she was once a victim of the  same thing.   she is repeating the cycle.  thanks for listening

February 7, 2008, 12:58 pm CST

blame-placing

Don't blame the doctors" giving pain meds as the reason for becoming addicted>  People make the choice to use pain meds in ways that are not prescribed.  The information given with the meds by the pharmacies clearly state that they can be physically or psychologically addicting. I have medical problems that I take pain medicine for, and I have never taken more than was prescribed for just basic pain relief.  As a result,  I have been able to work, serve my community, be a good grandmother, continue my education---in essence, live a full life.  It is people who abuse medication that give pain medicine a bad reputation so people who use it responsibly suffer from the bad press.

February 7, 2008, 1:03 pm CST

they remind me...

Am I the only one who was reminded of the "heroin twins" by these twins?  They look and sound like them?  (I regret having to refer to the other twins by such a terrible name, but I cannot remember their real names.)

February 7, 2008, 1:04 pm CST

GOOD LUCK YVETTE AND YVONNE

Dr. Phil u did a very good thing the last two days..........Yvette , Yvonne i wish you all the luck in the world and keep fighting hard and work ihard at the rehab centre....u can do it if u want it bad enough....
I was glad to see there father and sister there for support......i dont understand why the mother and other sister were not present...maybe it has to do with the kids and watching them.......but i agree with one thing...i think there is more to the mother of the twins that meet the eye...i think she needs councelling as well....i dont think she's the right one to be taking care of Yvonne's kids.....

Dr. Phil please keep us posted on Yvette and Yvonne....i wish them all the luck in the world , sincerely......i feel for them...u can see the pain in their faces..............i keep them in my prayers.......

February 7, 2008, 1:08 pm CST

Grandma

How can we leave children in the care of an alcoholic? What kind of care will they really receive when shes drinking!!!!! I cant beleive she wasnt offered help herself!!!

February 7, 2008, 1:08 pm CST

Popping Pill Twins

I have been free & sober for almost 25 years.  It is a lifestyle, and unless Yvette and Yovonne have "hit bottom", all the help in the world will not penetrate the hearts that need help.  It's not often that I get the opportunity to see this show, but I'm home today and glad that I caught the show. 

Good luck to the entire family...it's a "family diseae", and they ALL need to be in recovery together!!

Laurie

Allamuchy, NJ

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last