Message Boards

Topic : 02/07 Pill Popping Twins, Part 2

Number of Replies: 296
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 01, 2008, 02:21:07 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues delving into the lives of twin sisters, Yvette and Yvonne, who abuse pain pills. They live with their mother, with whom they have a volatile relationship, and the household is filled with fighting, screaming, cursing and even passing out in front of their children. Their father, Timothy, a former drug addict, joins the show. Why do they become emotional upon seeing him? Next, find out who else Yvonne blames for her drug problem. Then, Dr. Phil presses the twins to face the truth. Will these sisters acknowledge the emotional impact that they are having on their young children and make a change? And, when faced with the ultimate choice, will Yvette and Yvonne choose life or death? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 2, 2008, 11:07 am CST

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Part Phil Popping Twins Two. Same thing as Wednesday of yesterday. But like I said that I am-------glad that I donot take Herolen at all also I am glad that I was not twins. See you on Thursday Feburary 07--

th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 3, 2008, 7:35 am CST

For the Children's Sake

I hope and pray that these two sisters will choose to get help if only for the children.  It would be a start.  They suffered through their parents' poor choices.  I'm so sorry that they had to live through that.  However, that does not excuse them from hurting their children.  They can decide to break the abuse cycle and give their children a fighting chance in the world.

February 7, 2008, 1:33 am CST

twins on drugs

Yes it is a terrible shame.... that their children have to go thru all that turmoil and chaos and they are NOT safe in that house.  Please someone in that community get involved and get those children out of that house into someone elses care.  This is not a simple couple of days that these women are going to get straight and sober.  This is going to be a long rehab for these two and I hope that they take help from Dr. Phil.  But at this point someone should be worried more about these kids than the two adult twin moms.  I truly hope that they do get sober, but until that happens, those kids are the most important people in this whole MESS.  These women are obviously so strung out that they don't even understand or comprehend half of what Dr. Phil has been talking to them about or asking questions of them. 

You can see on the video that these children already have emotional problems from just enduring the emotional chaos and abuse in this home.  Please, again....someone get those kids OUT OF THAT DRUG FILLED HOUSE before one of the adults end up burning down the house or killing them in a car wreck or hurting them in a fit of anger.  What would happen if those children got into those drugs and swallowed them. OH MY GOODNESS.  Kids are curious little creatures.  They aren't stupid, they see where mom and aunt are hiding their drugs.  They see mom and aunt taking those drugs each day.  They'll want to try some too. 

And to the little sister who is getting married. 

Don't take all this personally.  They are drug addicts.  You must get on with your life and it's ok not to have them in your wedding.  Sure it's sad and tragic, but your wedding day is very important for you and you need to have a sober fun day.  Their addiction is not your fault.  Perhaps down the road when they are sober and straight again, you can renew your vows with your husband and they can be involved then.  It is their fault and it's their problem that they have to deal with.  No matter how much you try, only true professionals are going to be able to help them.  As Dr. Phil said, not even the husband that got sent to prison for killing two people was a wake up call to them.  They call it an accident, it wasn't an accident, it was deliberate, that man took those drugs and drove.  It was NO accident that he killed those two people. 

February 7, 2008, 3:10 am CST

Cycles

I would agree on changing the cycles these girls are carrying forward with their own children, otherwise these young kids will continue in the same footsteps. It seems obvious to me that the twins have never learned any 'conflict resolution' skills, and they certainly are not in a position to change that for the next generation.

First they will have to 'see' it, but maybe it could take some time outside of this environment? It appears that this is all that they know, not unlike their own children, they can not make a choice if they know nothing different. This is not a 48 hour 'fix', and not even as simple as 'quitting' drugs. It is an entire lifetime to overcome, to deal with and to make different choices as well as learning new coping skills.

It can be done, I wish them and their children only the best.

It has to stop...and start somewhere.

February 7, 2008, 4:58 am CST

Why didn't the mother come??!!!

I am wondering why the mother did not come on the show.  I give a ton of credit to Maria for sticking up to her sisters, for showing them that even if they hate her for it she loves them enough to help!  I think the mother can have some to do with the problem, it amazes me she wasn't there.  I hate that I will miss the show today.  I suppose I will have to catch up later.  I hope everyone finds peace and gets help to save the children!

February 7, 2008, 6:34 am CST

Someone take these kids!

I feel so bad for the children. The twins have made their decison so it's time for someone to step in & take these kids.  Even the one that only gets visitation with her daughter, it needs to be supervised. She has openly admitted to driving them in the car on drugs. Now that this has been aired I hope & pray the police will keep their eyes open for them on the road. I don't think they need a license at all. That needs to be taken away too. If this is the way they want to live them so be it, but don't let them put children in the middle of it or danger other people on the road.

February 7, 2008, 6:51 am CST

02/07 Pill Popping Twins, Part 2

This is sad. I am looking through the eyes of the children. I grew up in this type of life and no matter what you do the children will be scared from this. You can see the anger and pain.

February 7, 2008, 7:15 am CST

Denial

I just finished watching the show. I'm 20 years old and I'm a recovering drug addict and alcoholic.  I've been clean and sober for almost 9 months.  I truly believe that Yvonne is in denial.  Counseling is not going to be enough!  They both need some serious treatment.  I know for me that my drug addiction was so much deeper than just drugs.  I hated who I was and what was going on in my life.  And i sure didn't want help the first time i went to treatment  - i was court ordered.  But when I relapsed and thought I could handle everything - I realized I was wrong. So I finally said I had enough and that I needed help.  The ladies have to want this for themselves.  There is no one that I would changed my life for - only me.  I hated myself using.  I wanted to change.  For the longest time I rationalized and justified everything and blamed everyone else for what was happening to me - but come to find out me and my drugs were the problem.  I had to realize that I needed help - if i didn't get help, i would die, spiritually, mentally, and maybe even physically. I send my prayers to these ladies - get the help while you can - It only gets harder.  And your kids will be there - they aren't going anywhere - this is the best thing you can do for them.  Do it while they are young - don't screw up the rest of their lives.

February 7, 2008, 7:15 am CST

02/07 Pill Popping Twins, Part 2

I sincerely hope that while the mother is watching these kids she also gets counseling and parenting classes. It doesn't sound as if she is exactly Mother of the Year material herself and she does admit to drinkinkg and yelling at the children. This whole cycle surely began somewhere. The father admitted as much when he said that they married far too young and he pursued a life of drug abuse follwing their separation. It looks as if she turned to alchohol. The twins childhood along with their siblings was probably no picnic. They are just repeating what they know. I don't subscribe to Bi-polar being an excuse for anything. I'm bi-polar. It's made my life extremely difficult but if you love your children deep down there is a remnant that always puts their preservation and needs first.

February 7, 2008, 7:18 am CST

JUDGING

WHERE DO WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CALL SOMEONE A BAD MOTHER, AND TELL THEM THAT THERE CHILDREN NEED TO BE TAKEN AWAY? THATS NOT OUR JOB!!! DR. PHIL IS TRYING TO HELP THEM, AND YOU ARE HERE JUDGING THEM??? THEY OBVIOUSLY NEED THE HELP, MAYBE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE HAS NEVER SUFFERED FROM A DRUG ADDICTION, BUT I WORKED IN A REHAB WITH ADOLESCENTS, AND ITS NOT SOMETHING YOU JUST WAKE UP AND SAY, OKAY IM BETTER NOW....ITS NOT A BACK ACHE OR A HEADACHE! IT HAS BECOME A WAY OF LIFE, FOR THEM.....AND IT HAS SPUN OUT OF CONTROL....GIVE THE FAMILY A LITTLE CREDIT, FOR ASKING FOR HELP, AND GETTING IT!!! NOONE HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE IF SOMEONE IS A GOOD MOTHER OR NOT.....MY NATURAL MOTHER LEFT ME IN A CRIB FOR 2 WEEKS, I DEVELOPED SPINAL MENANGITIS, WAS DEAF AND PARALYZED AND HAD 3 CARDIAC ARESTS WHILE BEING LIFE STARRED, AT 6 WEEKS OLD.....AND TO THIS DAY I AM PERFECTLY NORMAL, BUT ENDED UP HAVING A DAUGHTER WITH SPINA-BIFIDA, AND HAVE HAD 13 SURGERIES, AND I HAVE NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO JUDGE WHAT MY NATURAL MOTHER WAS GOING THRU AT THE TIME, TO SAY SHE DIDNT DESERVE CHILDREN....PEOPLE DONT ALWAY AGREE WITH WHAT U DON AS A PARENT, BUT THE ONES WHO JUDGE, AND MAKE ASSUMPTIONS, ARE THE ONES WITH SKELATONS AND INSECURITIES OF THERE OWN.....JUST PRAY FOR THE GIRLS HEALTH, SO THEIR CHILDREN CAN BE HAPPY!!!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last