Message Boards

Topic : 02/08 "My Worst Valentine!"

Number of Replies: 150
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 01, 2008, 02:22:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
If you dread Valentine’s Day and don’t have a creative bone in your body, take heart, because Dr. Phil and Robin are here to help the romantically challenged! Denise has been married for 17 years and says her husband, Darren, never buys gifts or cards. She says he told her he loved her when they got married, and he’ll "let her know if it changes!" Robin and her married friends give the hapless hubby a crash course in courtship. You won’t believe his sweet surprise for his wife. Then, Jennifer wants a makeover so she can feel sexy as a mom, and Michelle wants her mechanic husband to clean up his look. Don’t miss Robin’s drab-to-fab makeovers for them! Plus, Stephanie says her family is fixated on the fact that she’s single at 33 and won’t have a date for Valentine’s Day. Her sister, Tiffany, says Stephanie’s biological clock is ticking away, but Stephanie says her relatives are ticking her off! See Robin’s great ideas on how to pamper yourself if you’re single on Valentine’s Day. Plus, Brett and Katie have only been married for six months, but their lives have taken a turn for the worse. Katie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis a few months ago, and her engagement ring was stolen when their apartment was recently robbed. See the heart-warming surprises Dr. Phil and Robin have for the couple! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 8, 2008, 9:30 am CST

This brought back memories!!!

Quote From: ineedcoffee

I don't do Valentine's Day or Christmas. Those 2 days have become so centered on material things. I'd rather go to WalMart the day AFTER Christmas or V-day and get lots of candy at half-price!

Seriously, a gift means so much more to me if it's spontaneous and not an obligation. I know it's cliche, but the little things matter most, like when you're sick and your mate brings you ice cream in bed.

When I was in high school my boyfriend ALWAYS bought my Valentine gift the day after. Usually a box of candy for half price. I wonder if he's still as cheap?

February 8, 2008, 10:54 am CST

To Brett & Katie

Quote From: user25959

My thoughts and prayers go out to Brett and Katie. May God surround you with HIS Love and give you strength to get through this tough beginning. God Bless.

This quote essentially represtents how I truly feel. I haven't watched this show yet but have read the details on the weekly Dr. Phil newsletter that I recieve. Having being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis must be a horrible thing to live with. However, I have seen some people manage it real well whereas the public can't tell of these victims' misfortunes. I have had a very hard life myself but consider myself blessed that I have never had to go through with this terrible disease. As for your apartment being broken into, I can't believe that people would do something that's so dispicable. That's what I like best about the Dr. Phil show. Both Dr. Phil and Robin can turn a negative event into something that's really remarkable. I can't wait to see what it is. Hang in there, Brett and Katie. I hope that nothing but wonderful things happen to you along the way. Happy Valentine's Day to both of you, as well as to Dr. Phil & Robin.

Yours Truly,

Fred. 

February 8, 2008, 11:03 am CST

02/08 "My Worst Valentine!"

Quote From: kathy58

I never made a big deal out fo valentine's day, to me it was just another day that came and went. Then, three years ago had to be the worse Valentine day ever. My nephew passed away from the flu on Feb. 9 and we buried him on Feb. 14. So, now Valentine's day has even less meaning for me.

I understand how you feel. I lost my mother on Christmas Day, 1978, and then my brother was killed in a car accident on Christmas Eve, 1995.  But, I refused to remember them with sadness on those days....instead, I celebrate their lives and honor them each year on those days.

I know that our loved ones who have gone on do not want us to be sad, or to cry, or to hate or dread a Holiday because of them.  Remember and honor them, and be grateful, as I am, for the time you had together.

Every day with a loved one is a gift...tell those still here you love them every day! 

February 8, 2008, 11:48 am CST

not a romantic

My hubby is definitely not romantic. He needs help, as I am sure lots of men do. We have been married 15 years. He just doesn't care about ' romance' or Valentine's Day. He calls it ' a big money maker '.  "$60.00 for flowers? No way". And especially for jewelry. He laughs at guys that are standing in line at the jewelry stores, calls them dumbasses, or 'whipped'.. But I think there is a lucky lady on the other end of that deal.

February 8, 2008, 11:55 am CST

:)

Quote From: xena1011

When Andre and I were dating, he always brought me a little gift or momento of some kind. Our first and second dates were ultra romantic and very different and creative. It's part of what made me fall in love with him. I love him more and more. Just before we were married in July of 2001 (it was also beautiful and romantic.) he announced, "Don't expect me to be romantic. I just don't do that well." I laughed, but I guess it wasn't a joke. Our first married Christmas, we agreed to just find the right card since money was tight. Christmas morning, I proudly presented him with a card that took me a long while to find. He took it sadly and said, "I'm sorry. I forgot."  Of the next six Christmases, he "remembered" twice. This year, I told him he'd better remember, and he asked me not to get him anything at all. I agreed to only get a couple of small things and he did better, but right after he did his shopping, he came home and announced, "Well, you can stop worrying now. I've got your Christmas presents already!"  Mother's Days, he says, "I just don't think of you in that way." Valentine's Day, if he "remembers," is a grocery bunch of his mom's favourite flowers and a funny card. How did that make me feel?

Beth

Beth, you are not alone.....Right there with ya, honey! Romance is a thumbs down in our house.. You know what I like to do? Go out and buy myself what 'I'want. That way you don't have to return it. I have even told him, ' Look what you got me! I love it ! " That feels really good.. Take care.  :)

February 8, 2008, 12:30 pm CST

best man in the world.

i just have to say that i have been in a relationship with  the most romantic man for 2 years. we actually met  on a dating site on the internet.EVERY single day for 2 years he has left me a note with my morning cup of tea. every day i get one. thru out the day there are many more. he writes notes to me on my calendar. he leaves me notes on my pillow.he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. we plan on getting married with in a year.

February 8, 2008, 12:45 pm CST

Runaway fiancee

I totally agree with the lady on your show that is a "runaway fiancee." Ironically, I have been called the same.  I too am on my 6 proposal, and have been in many long term relationships.  Some from when I was WAY too young to consider marriage. Others were just very "toxic" relationships.    I'm from a great family, and my mom and dad were together for 50 years.  I just want what they had, and I think your guest is right.  Don't break to the pressure.  You're married for a long time (hopefully) and I think it's better to wait for the right man.

February 8, 2008, 1:07 pm CST

02/08 "My Worst Valentine!"

Wow, great job on Brian! My hubby kinda looks like the "before" picture...if I can make him look like that after then hubba hubba! lol

February 8, 2008, 1:11 pm CST

Valentines Day Show

Dear Dr Phil & Robin, I just finished watching your Valentines Day Show, I may not agree with you 100% of the time Dr Phil, but what you & Robin did for the newly married couple was awesome and selfless. Makes one feel that there are still caring people out there. Good Job!! I sincerely hope you & Robin have a wonderfully romantic Valentines Day!! God Bless you both!!

February 8, 2008, 1:19 pm CST

the little things

my husband an i start giving little gifts as soon as the valentine things are in the store now its a game to see who can give the first gift.and they are not expensive things for instance he might get me a single rose or a 99 cent bag of hersey kisses. and i always give him a pez candy they are just fun little gifts but its fun and we are always thinking of how we can outdo the other we have been doing this for about 15 years now

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last