Message Boards

Topic : 02/08 "My Worst Valentine!"

Number of Replies: 150
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 01, 2008, 02:22:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
If you dread Valentine’s Day and don’t have a creative bone in your body, take heart, because Dr. Phil and Robin are here to help the romantically challenged! Denise has been married for 17 years and says her husband, Darren, never buys gifts or cards. She says he told her he loved her when they got married, and he’ll "let her know if it changes!" Robin and her married friends give the hapless hubby a crash course in courtship. You won’t believe his sweet surprise for his wife. Then, Jennifer wants a makeover so she can feel sexy as a mom, and Michelle wants her mechanic husband to clean up his look. Don’t miss Robin’s drab-to-fab makeovers for them! Plus, Stephanie says her family is fixated on the fact that she’s single at 33 and won’t have a date for Valentine’s Day. Her sister, Tiffany, says Stephanie’s biological clock is ticking away, but Stephanie says her relatives are ticking her off! See Robin’s great ideas on how to pamper yourself if you’re single on Valentine’s Day. Plus, Brett and Katie have only been married for six months, but their lives have taken a turn for the worse. Katie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis a few months ago, and her engagement ring was stolen when their apartment was recently robbed. See the heart-warming surprises Dr. Phil and Robin have for the couple! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 2, 2008, 4:00 am CST

My worst Valentine

My husband and I decided years ago that we are not going to let card companies tell us when to tell us that we have to express our love for each other.  The price of flowers doubles even triples during this time and we just don't do the Valentines Day thing.

February 2, 2008, 8:23 am CST

02/08 "My Worst Valentine!"

Sounds like Stephanie's relatives want her to provide them with grandkids, nieces and nephews. If these people want kids to play with, they ought to do volunteer work along those lines. And, leave Stephanie alone. It isn't her job to supply them with little playmates.

February 2, 2008, 8:25 am CST

To Be or Not to Be Romantic?

When Andre and I were dating, he always brought me a little gift or momento of some kind. Our first and second dates were ultra romantic and very different and creative. It's part of what made me fall in love with him. I love him more and more. Just before we were married in July of 2001 (it was also beautiful and romantic.) he announced, "Don't expect me to be romantic. I just don't do that well." I laughed, but I guess it wasn't a joke. Our first married Christmas, we agreed to just find the right card since money was tight. Christmas morning, I proudly presented him with a card that took me a long while to find. He took it sadly and said, "I'm sorry. I forgot."  Of the next six Christmases, he "remembered" twice. This year, I told him he'd better remember, and he asked me not to get him anything at all. I agreed to only get a couple of small things and he did better, but right after he did his shopping, he came home and announced, "Well, you can stop worrying now. I've got your Christmas presents already!"  Mother's Days, he says, "I just don't think of you in that way." Valentine's Day, if he "remembers," is a grocery bunch of his mom's favourite flowers and a funny card. How did that make me feel?

Beth

February 2, 2008, 11:12 am CST

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor My Phil Robin Valentine Worst! That does it. I quit. I will never ever get marry at all. See you on Frid--

ay Feburary 08th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------------------

February 2, 2008, 12:30 pm CST

Valentines, Christmas, Anniversary, and Birthday zero

My husband has not in over 25 years bought anything for these occasions.  We are well respected in the community and I have served in public office for many years. Looking at us people would think we are the perfect couple but my husband is not the least bit romantic.  Even the gifts for our friends and son, I buy. He never even contributes towards the money for them. It is very sad for me.  I love giving things to people that I know mean something to them. It doesn't even have to be a  lot of money, it is just the thought.   I think it is a sign that he really doesn't have respect for my feelings.  When we were first dating he bought me something that I never used so his excuse is that whatever he would buy  I would not like.  He at least used to give me a check, now he doesn't even do that.  It is not a happy way to live. I always buy things for me and he loves getting gifts.

February 2, 2008, 1:30 pm CST

02/08 "My Worst Valentine!"

>>>>>>Katie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis a few months ago, and her engagement ring was stolen when their apartment was recently robbed. See the heart-warming surprises Dr. Phil and Robin have for the couple! Join the discussion.

That is tough. I know what she is going through. I hurt my back two months before I got married. They had to push me in a wheelchair to the rehersal and onto the boat we honneymooned on. A few years later I was diagnosed with MS. New marriage, New step son, New everything. I was really scared.

But it turned out great

February 2, 2008, 1:39 pm CST

My worst Valentine?

My now husband proposed to me to on Valentine's Day in 2000 and it was very romantic, he did very well.

We got married that same year in October, our Valentine Days went downhill from there. My job required

a lot of overtime or be fired. He found a "friend" that he could talk to and she would listen to him, yeah right.

When I found about her, the fights really began. He said there was no sex involved, I said I did not believe

him. Well we are still married, she's been out of the picture, I am on SS disability now, gained a lot of weight, need a "mommy' makeover' in which I can't afford and my husband looks at me with disgust, I guess because I'm so overweight. My Happy Valentine's Days are a thing of the past I guess. HAPPY

VALENTINE'S DAY TO EVERYBODY!!

February 2, 2008, 1:56 pm CST

It was a nice gift...but then aagin

I realize that I have gained a little weight over the years but really......Dr. Phil's Weight Loss book is not an appropriate Valentine's gift.

February 2, 2008, 2:19 pm CST

19 Years

No Valentines, No Birthday, No Cards or Gifts. Nineteen Years of Marriage! 

February 2, 2008, 2:56 pm CST

won't say I love you

Darren, never buys gifts or cards. She says he told her he loved her when they got married, and he'll "let her know if it changes!

This is just plain mean.  It sounds as if he's chuckling to himself at having bested her.  I wonder if he acts in a loving way?  No love talk during sex?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last