Message Boards

Topic : 08/11 1000th Show

Number of Replies: 131
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 08, 2008, 12:17:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/11/08) Six seasons ... Thousands of guests ... Countless lives changed. Now it's time to celebrate Dr. Phil's 1000th show! Oprah Winfrey joins Dr. Phil for the first time on his stage. You've read the tabloid rumors; now they put them to rest. Find out Oprah's favorite Dr. Phil moment from her own show, and learn why she always believed Dr. Phil would be a success. Then, catch up with some of Dr. Phil's most memorable guests, including: The Family DividedMonika from the Weight Loss Challenge and Rod, who was addicted to spending money. See where Brandon is today and find out if Lesley and Jeff were able to make their baby dreams come true. And, see highlights from some of the most noteworthy shows out of Dr. Phil's six seasons. This mega celebration is so huge, it takes two days. Join the discussion!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 10, 2008, 4:35 am CST

Thanks

I m wahiba from Algeria

Congratulations Dr Phils, I have a big respect for the work you do and the huge effort you make so as to ease people's lifes wish you another 1000 shows.

I m addicted to your shows come in hurry to home so as to not miss your program, cos you do a great job which deserved to be seen, through your shows I ve changed my life to the best, I ve put order where it was messy u helped me a lot in sorting out my troubles, I fixed all the wrong points just through your  shows now I see more clearly than before I gained my selfesteem which was lost.

thanks again Dr Phil and good luck your you and all your family

February 10, 2008, 11:02 am CST

1000th Show

It's so awesome that you have reached this milestone in your career.  God has given you this talent of helping others, and he has blessed you and your family.  I pray that he keeps raining more blessings on you and those you can help.

February 11, 2008, 6:29 am CST

02/11 1000th Show

Congratulations on your 1000th Show!

Thank you for the life change I've been going through in my life, just by watching some of the show.

Getting real was the hardest thing I had to go through and it wasn't easy.................   Thanks Dr Phil.

February 11, 2008, 7:03 am CST

Brandon

It's a blessing that Brandon was locked up! My son was involved in Meth and ended up on probation and eventually in Harris County Jail for flunking his drug tests and then skipping probation. He got "lazy" too. I found out that he also failed several tests. Why would they let anyone fail 10 drug tests before they are re-arrested? Luckily, he was able to get into the SAFP program,Glossbrenner unit in San Diego TX,  which is a drug offender program, minimum security, lots of meetings and counseling. The DA and his court appointed lawyer wanted to send him to prison for 3 years; he was very lucky we were able to get a private lawyer that cared enough to convince them that he needed rehab, not prison, (even though this program is in the prison system.) It's a six month program, but he waited 3 months in Harris County to get there, then they extended him 3 more months there, then 3 months at a halfway house, so it was 15 months. Funny thing, he didn't start to change until his last 3 months at Glossbrenner. If they had not extended him, I think he would have gone back to drugs. Unfortunately, he had a terrible time getting a job after he got out. There is no help for that, because they just dump you into society.  He remarked several times that there were a lot of fathers and parents there, and I saw all the little children visiting. The good thing for the children is that the guys wore white, and were in a lunch room/picnic table situation and the children could be held by their daddies. But, when the Dads got out, what could they do to support their families, except for selling drugs? Without a job, there is only hopelessness. My son was the lucky one; he's clean, has a new family, a job, and hope.  And, without a year in this program, he would not be alive today.  I just hope the program is expanded to include more offenders, and expanded to help them find work when they get out. Maybe Brandon was able to end up here too.

February 11, 2008, 7:41 am CST

CONGRADS DR PHIL.

i havent missed many shows, and i hope to see 1000 more, i am not really sure if you read these messages, or if you will see this but thanks i love watching your show, it impacted my life in a possitave way, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU.

February 11, 2008, 8:10 am CST

What a GREAT show and CELEBRATION!

I can't believe it's been 1,000 shows.  I feel like I've been through it all.  I have been taping or TiVo'ing since the early years.  By that, I mean since the "Tuesday's with Dr. Phil" on Oprah.  I'm sure it feels like 1,000 shows to my friends and family whom I always try to "Dr. Phil".  You can't blame me, because there is NO better advice out there. 

On todays show, I especially liked all the Dr. Philism animal references. What a HOOT!  I missed my favorite tho. which is "that dog won't hunt". 

Congrats on 1,000 shows!!! I am so lucky and honored to be one of your greatest and loyal fans.  I'm not always on the message boards, but I am always talking Dr. Phil.  I just couldn't let this day go by without sending this note of congratulations and appreciation.  I am sure I speak for my friends and family when I say that we are ALL looking forward to next 1,000.

Best Regards....

Love,

Patty

February 11, 2008, 9:42 am CST

1000 SHOW

DOCTOR PHIL AND ROBIN    CONGRUTILATION ON YOUR 1000 SHOW . I HAVE BEEN WATCHING YOUR SHOW SENCE YOU STARTED. I WOULD LOVE TO BE ON YOUR SHOW. ONE OF THESE DAYS I WILL. BUT AS OF NOW I TAKE CARE OF MY 92 YEAR OLD FATHER, THAT HAD A STROKE IN 2003 AND CAN'T MOVE HIS RIGHT SIDE OR SPEAK. HE IS IN A WHEEL CHAIR, I DO EVERYTHING FOR HIM. MY HUSBAND TRYS TO HELP BUT HE HAD A BRAIN TUMOR REMOVED IN 1992 AND HIS BALANCE IS OFF. SO YOU SEE I HAVE TO BE HERE MOST ALL THE TIME WITH THEM. I CAN GET OUT 2 TO 3 HOURS AT A TIME. BUT THEN I HAVE TO GET BACK. YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL MAN AND YOUR WIFE ROBIN IS JUST BEAUTIFUL. I HAVE READ HER FIRST BOOK AND I WILL GET HER OTHER BOOK AND READ IT. I WANT TO THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR PROGRAM . I HAVE ENJOYED IT ALOT AND I WILL BE ON YOUR SHOW ONE OF THESE DAYS. HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE  TO TAKE CARE OF MY DAD. BUT THAT WHERE I CAN NOT AFFORD IT . WE HAD THIS HOME BUILT FOR HIM. HE LOVES TO LOOK OUTSIDE SO WE HAD A 4SEASON SUNROOM BUILT FOR  HIM AND THE HOUSE IS OPEN SO HE CAN GET AROUND IN HIS HOVEROUND WHEELCHAIR. HE LOVES IT, IT IS HIS FREEDOM. HE WATCHES THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND YELLS MOM WHEN HE SEES SOMETHING GOING ON ARE HE SEE A TURKEY OR DEER. ANYWAY DOCTOR PHIL CONGRULATION ON YOUR 1000 SHOW. SINCERLY; LINDA SMITH                                                                                                                                                  

February 11, 2008, 10:23 am CST

Congrats and I wish I could be there !!

HI Dr. Phil and Robin...Big congrats on your 1000th episode...I have watched you since on oprah and enjoy your point of views on all things.....even more though I just heard you are having oprah on and I have watched her since I was 17..I am now  39..I have tried for 9yrs to get tics to no avail......I sure wish I could of been there for that show I tell you!!! I think both you guys are great...if hthere is any way of getting me tics for her show you don't know how grateful I would be... Ihave gotten friends in on this to try and get tics, I'vedone everything humanly possible to see her show!!! Please help me if you can ...unlike yourself she doesn't offer many things to access tics in Canada...I am thankful you do!!! It gives us all a chance to see our fav people!!! Again, Congrats...I love your show and hope you stay on for many more episodes to come!~!!!

February 11, 2008, 11:19 am CST

Getting real in my life.

Dear Dr. Phil;

Today I felt the collective vibration when you and Oprah toasted your sovereignty as TV Icons who own your own shows.

I cried through your anniversary show (Monday)because I remember your first appearances on Oprah’s stage. On Sept.4, 2001 I relished Oprah’s show featuring your guest series, the "Get Real Challenge" about 42 people (strangers) in five days, who were willing to challenge themselves to live by design with a Life Strategy.

Then the Twin Towers were attacked and it seems everything suspended and we as a country began to react with a strategy that wasn’t our collective design. Personally life got real "Real" for me, since that day I’ve taken what you and Oprah have done on TV daytime as a serious study in relationship.

Today I am a 49 year old woman who has fully realized that I’ve been disrespecting the adults in my life by acting like a parent toward them. I am attempting to stop my enabling behavior because by enabling I become drained, my energy and health sapped.

Thanks for putting yourself out there, taking the hits can be painful. Your example reassures me that I don't have to do it alone.

Grateful regards; Nancy Kile

February 11, 2008, 11:35 am CST

1000th Show

Congratulations on your 1000th Show!!  I so love your show!  6 years have flown by so fast, as I'm sure you  and Robin agree!  I wish you many, many more, not only for you, but for myself and all your other fans.  You have helped me so much on losing weight and I will be forever grateful.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last