Message Boards

Topic : 08/12 1000 Celebration Continues! 1001!

Number of Replies: 81
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 08, 2008, 12:20:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/12/08) Dr. Phil's 1000th episode mega-celebration continues with amazing giveaways and celebrity surprises! David wrote the show to nominate his wife, Kim, as the biggest fan of Dr. Phil. Be there when he surprises her with tickets to the 1000th show. You won't believe the gift Dr. Phil has in store for her! Next, hear from viewers whose lives were transformed after watching Dr. Phil. Will their emotional stories change your life? Then, the McGraw family -- Robin, Jay, Erica and Jordan -- share their most memorable moments from the journey to 1,001 shows. What does Jay reveal that almost brings Dr. Phil to tears? And, don't miss a rockin' performance by one of the hottest music stars in the world! Plus, as a way to remember the day, Dr. Phil and Robin give special gifts to the audience that have them squealing with joy! Share your own memorable Dr. Phil moments and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 12, 2008, 3:42 pm CST

What show was "Alex" on?

Quote From: ramair

I was even more disappointed in today's show than yesterday's. I only watched to see if there would be any more former quest updates, especially on Alex. But, all I got was a Dr Phil obsessed woman screaming over him and that Ford he "gave" her, all muted of course. Congratulatory messages from other celebrities. And, a Jordin Sparks performance I had to mute when she got all shrieky. I'll take Skeeter Davis, Sandy Posey and just about any other 1960's singer over her. They could sing every note purely. Every word clearly. And, they could hold those high notes without shrieking.

Would you mind telling me who Alex is?  I dont know that story, but can see how upset you are not to

see her story as one on his 1000th show. 

February 12, 2008, 3:48 pm CST

02/12 1001 Show

Quote From: samcjt1972

Would you mind telling me who Alex is?  I dont know that story, but can see how upset you are not to

see her story as one on his 1000th show. 

February 12, 2008, 3:51 pm CST

ramir

I was even more disappointed in today's show than yesterday's. I only watched to see if there would be any more former quest updates, especially on Alex. But, all I got was a Dr Phil obsessed woman screaming over him and that Ford he "gave" her, all muted of course. Congratulatory messages from other celebrities. And, a Jordin Sparks performance I had to mute when she got all shrieky. I'll take Skeeter Davis, Sandy Posey and just about any other 1960's singer over her. They could sing every note purely. Every word clearly. And, they could hold those high notes without shrieking.
wow how could you be disappointed with the 1000/1002 show? I thought it was great.Sorry you were disappointed

February 12, 2008, 3:59 pm CST

1,000th and 1.001st shows

I enjoyed everything about the shows, realizing you cannot cover 1001 days in two.  I do wish you'd have the original Dr. Phil family back to let us know what each member is doing now...what a thrill to see that adorable little boy, who is about the age of my great-grandson.  My only disappointment was your not having Maggie come in as part of the family, as I've enjoyed her from the first, loved your rescuing her, learning she's worth a lot of money and not being willing to sell her at any price.  As for the "things," many people are still in the acquisition stage and many of them may not be able to afford nice things; as long as things are put in their proper place in the scheme of life, I see no harm in enjoying them.   The greatest luxury of all is to be older and not need any of it, just sit back and enjoy the pleasure of others!  My main enjoyment of the show is your keeping your Texas common sense and sayings, being in star-studded California but not changed by it...and helping so many people.  Once in a while I have to turn off the set because I can't bear the fighting and filthy language people use to ones they have professed to "love and cherish".   I am glad if you can help them.  I never knew there were so many people who give the appearance of being respectable who are so trashy behind closed doors!  At least it's good when they finally go for help.

February 12, 2008, 4:19 pm CST

Thank you Dr. Phil & Robin

Thank you and congratulations on your 1000th show. I know this won't mean much to you, and you probably won't even read this, but I just had to say thank you to both of you. I can only hope this will one day reach you.  I too have watched all of your shows, read your books and have just finished Robin's book. Thanks to you, I finally got the courage to leave an abusive relationship and later purchased my own home. The last few months, I have been feeling quite vulnerable and lonely, have been hibernating from the cold, snowy winter of Ontario, Canada, and have gained alot of weight. But watching you and your family today, once again, has helped me.  The moment when you Dr. Phil, gave your wife a handkerchief to wipe her tear, and I watched the loving look you gave her as you did so, reminded me of why I left the relationship I was living. Thank you to both of you for sharing your lives so openly, and for touching my life so profoundly.

February 12, 2008, 4:36 pm CST

02/12 1001 Show

I hate to be the Debbie Downer on the message board but I was a bit disappointed too that there wasn't more about the families Dr Phil has helped over the years. 

I thought it was a strange choice not to mention what happened to Alex and why she was not with her son.  I love the show but have to be honest..I TIVO them and delete the prize and glitzy themed shows. 

What I love about the Dr Phil show is his straight shooter approach and just feel these shows with Amercian Idol singertypes and fabulous prizes take away from the heart of the show. I've tuned in from the getgo and often wonder about the individuals who have been on the show and I just feel it would have been more meaningful to long time fans. Thanks for all of the great shows!

February 12, 2008, 4:57 pm CST

Congratulations Dr. Phil!

1000 shows and so many people you have helped! God has blessed you with a great  gift and I am sure He is very pleased with how you are using it! Thanks Dr. Phil and Robin!

February 12, 2008, 5:02 pm CST

hello Dr Phil, and family

I just wanted to congratulate you on your 1000 show and may God continue to bless what you do in helping others, CONGRATULATIONS!!

February 12, 2008, 5:03 pm CST

02/12 1001 Show

That's certainly what the hype would lead us to expect, isn't it? That Jay and Erica would announce their pregnancy. But, they didn't. And, I didn't notice Jay saying anything else that brought Dr Phil to tears.

I was praying they would spring that on him at the end of the show.........LOL  Robin would be a puddle on the floor :-)

February 12, 2008, 5:17 pm CST

Hopefully Phil will read this.

Well, I figured i'd take a second from my motherly duties, to say congratulations on your 1000(1) shows! Not only has this show been valuable entertainment, but has touched many lives. I watched your show periodically before the last couple of years, but after my father passed and my beautiful blessing of a daughter arrived one month afterward i've found myself watching your show almost religiously. A lot of your shows have touched my heart, and has helped me to become what I think my daughter deserves as a mother. I've also found that some of your shows have me enraged, and make me want to shake the guests into realizing the problem (unfortunately you can't) But, again thank you! You have helped me realise that I do not need toxic behavior in my life, I don't have to sit around in the dumps because of my depression I simply have to be me, a happy, loving mother of a beautiful little girl.  I look forward to the day when we can save up enough for a trip to come see your show, I would find it truely inspiring to see you live.

Here is to another 1000 more shows, and good luck to you, robin, and the rest of your family. Enjoy life!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last