Message Boards

Topic : 08/12 1000 Celebration Continues! 1001!

Number of Replies: 81
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 08, 2008, 12:20:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/12/08) Dr. Phil's 1000th episode mega-celebration continues with amazing giveaways and celebrity surprises! David wrote the show to nominate his wife, Kim, as the biggest fan of Dr. Phil. Be there when he surprises her with tickets to the 1000th show. You won't believe the gift Dr. Phil has in store for her! Next, hear from viewers whose lives were transformed after watching Dr. Phil. Will their emotional stories change your life? Then, the McGraw family -- Robin, Jay, Erica and Jordan -- share their most memorable moments from the journey to 1,001 shows. What does Jay reveal that almost brings Dr. Phil to tears? And, don't miss a rockin' performance by one of the hottest music stars in the world! Plus, as a way to remember the day, Dr. Phil and Robin give special gifts to the audience that have them squealing with joy! Share your own memorable Dr. Phil moments and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 12, 2008, 5:42 pm CST

02/12 1001 Show

This show was pretty Awesome. I never thought Dr. Phil was up to 1000 shows thats a lot of shows and a whole  lot of guests..

CONGRATULATIONS DR. PHIL ON 1000 SHOWS

February 12, 2008, 6:07 pm CST

02/12 1001 Show

I thought the skit where Robin sneaks off to visit Jay Leno's show was so funny!

February 12, 2008, 6:18 pm CST

Russell

Quote From: hpmx59

Doctor One Part Phil Robin Show Thousand. Like I said I wish I could be there in Los Angeles, California.-

But you willing to call me and or E-Mail me at anytime. See you on Tuesday Feburary 12th, 2008. Sincerley

Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were robbed.  Everyone knows that you are Dr. Phil's #1 fan!!!!

February 12, 2008, 6:28 pm CST

Alex

Quote From: samcjt1972

Would you mind telling me who Alex is?  I dont know that story, but can see how upset you are not to

see her story as one on his 1000th show. 

Alex's was the first Dr. Phil family.  She was 15 and pregnant.  Her sister Katherine felt kicked to the curb during all the drama with Alex.  The parents were always fighting.  Anyway, when they updated the family they showed the mom and dad, Katherine and the now 2 year old baby but no Alex.  One of our posters thought that they saw her in the audience but Dr. Phil did not call her out.  So it all a mystery. 

Now do you remember?

February 12, 2008, 6:31 pm CST

Suggestion for new show...

In 2006 my cardiologist had me admitted into the hospital weighing 60 lbs due to multiple physical problems.  I was quickly moved to the ED program and was treated for anorexia nervosa.  This was no shock to me because I had been anorexic for 30 years and this was not my first hospitalization. That I wasn't deliberately trying to lose all the weight at that point in time, I had fought so hard to leave the hospital when they transferred me into the Eating Disorder unit.  My reply to all questions in all the group therapy sessions was "I'm not supposed to be here.  I came in to be treated for other physical problems that caused my weight loss".  I have to admit, though, that I was secretly loving the weight loss while it was happening. 

While there, I saw other patients come and go, be put on an IVs and taken off, ..all while I remained hospitalized and dragging around an IV pole.,  The treatment was extremely difficult for me  because I was forced to eat with a complete set of dentures that hurt with each bite. Food items such as undercooked broccoli was impossible to eat, especially since they wouldn't allow us to cut our food into bite-sized pieces. The staff thought I was using this as an excuse not to eat. 

Yes, I have dentures. I got my first set at the age of 36 as a result of anorexia...malnutrition.  I also have severe osteoporosis.  

I spent three months in the hospital and returned home doubled in weight at a whopping 120 lbs.  As usual after a hospital stay, I planned on losing the weight again (this is typical for anorexia).  I had good reasons, I thought, for losing the weight...I didn't have many clothes that fit and didn't have the money to purchase them.  I also didn't feel like me at that weight.

After returning home, my doctor told me that prior to hospitalization, he didn't know when he was going to get a call saying I had died.  He told me I was morbidly thin and that a simple cold could have been a death setence for me.  This is also typical for anorexia.

While home, I began watching Frazier in the mornings and caught the episond  featuring Dr. Phil.  I decided to watch the Dr. Phil show even though I was up to my neck in psychology hubbub.  The first show I watched featured an anorectic girl.  I later found out that this show was a repeat.   I was just getting ready to turn it off when the girl's weight was mentioned...61 lbs.  The camera panned around her as she sported all her protuding frail bones.

Being that weight a few months abefore, I couldn't believe that I looked like that.  Although I have pictures of myself at that weight, I couldn't see myself looking like that.  My husband disagreed with me.  He told me I looked worse.  I realized that day that I didn't want to look like that again.  I have to be honest and admit that I did lose some of my post hospitalization weight, but I didn't lose much.

Later I watched an episode with makeovers for people that had lost weight after being overweight. I thought, "Wow!  How blessed they are for gaining yet another reward for losing weight!"  People yelled at me for losing weight.

DR. PHIL, YOU REALLY NEED TO DO A MAKEOVER SHOW WITH RECOVERED ANORECTICS!!!

I feel this is a necessity for several reasons:

It's easy for heavy people to lose weight because this is what they want.  I understand that it's no picnic for them, but they look forward to losing the weight, difficult as it is.  Anorecticts are fighting the battle to gain weight.  It's just as difficult for them to gain as it is for heavy people to lose, as opposed to popular belief that it's easy to gain and fun to eat.  All my friends told me "I wish I had your problem!  Lay back in a hospital and eat all day!"  They couldn't be more wrong! After the weight gain, we are at a place we don't want to be.  We feel like trapped rats looking for an escape. They need a makeover to help them feel good about themselves in a different way...in a way that doesn't involve weight.

After gaining the weight, we're left with little to wear.  Again, heavy-to-thinners have fun shopping for clothes.  They find clothes that are cuter and smaller.  They feel good about themselves.  Anorectics don't have the pleasure of shopping.  We find it difficult to find clothes that are larger than we are used to.  In the makeover show, they should be measured and given a small basic wardrobe they don't have to select themselves. 

They should be given a day of pampering, treating their bodies great without a food basis.  We're always told we ned to take care of our bodies, but food is always implied.  Why not take a day for nice soothing treatments that help them feel good about their own bodies that now have some weight on them?

How do you reward an anorectic who's gained weight?  You can't do it with food.  You can't really tell them they look good...this is an insult.  Again, I believe a makeover is a great way to say, "I know you fought a tough battle and you're in a safe place now.  You did great!  Thank your body by pampering it."

Anorectics see weight loss as the only way to look good.   They have a new body that they need to know how to love.  They need to know how to make themselves look good with makeup and nice clothes.  They need to be able to stand in front of the mirror and say, "I look great!"  This is no small feat.

Please, Dr. Phil...do a makeover show with recovering anorectics.  They need pampering, too.

Thanks for listening!

February 12, 2008, 6:47 pm CST

1001 Show

Quote From: codeebrown

Ok, I watched the show and must have missed it. What did Jay reveal?
I recorded and re-watched the show to try to pick up on Jay's "revelation".  Though it was easy to miss, and definitely didn't live up to all the hype, I think it was the part when Jay answered Dr. Phil's question about whether he'd still have backed the move to CA if he knew then what he knows now.  Jay's comment about knowing every day that he can be proud of his Dad seemed to touch Dr. Phil......maybe not to the point of "bringing tears to his eyes", but I'm pretty sure that was "the moment we were all waiting for"! 

February 12, 2008, 7:36 pm CST

Congratulations

Congrats Dr. Phil on your 1000th. show.  I have learned so much from watching your show over the years.  I find I have much more patience with my family and friends.  I've learned from you that it's okay to cry and it's okay to argue with your spouse as long as I fight fair..something I wasn't always good at...lol. I am learning to be a hero to my grandkids and most of all I've learned that I'm not the bad person my mother made me feel all my life.  If only I could lose the weight..lol...Thanks again Dr. Phil and may you and your lovely family stay as happy and connected as I saw today on your show.

p.s.  Where was Erin, Marty, Alex, Katherine and baby Nathan...they were my absolute favorite family.

February 12, 2008, 8:52 pm CST

Congrats Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil is awesome. He tells it like it is.

But one thing at the very end of the show was a bit disturbing. When the guy from Pimp my ride was talking about the car....... he said it had cat skin seats. CAT SKIN!! AHHHHHHHHH That is just creapy.

February 12, 2008, 11:00 pm CST

1000/1001 dr. phil show

hey dr. phil, congratulations all the way from stony plain, alberta, canada. what a lovely tribute to all the success stories. you should feel blessed. i know that i am blessed to be able to turn on my tv at 3pm 5 days a week and i receive the best therapy i could dream of. thanks again for shooting straight from the hip when i need it the most.

sam galm

February 13, 2008, 12:16 am CST

Congratulations!

Congratulations Dr. Phil,

You have touched and helped a lot of people over the past 6 years and paid it forward many times over.  God has blessed you!  You and your family have shared many of your blessings.  Robin is wonderful in her own right.  I thank God, her mother (for having her) and you for allowing her to be a part of my life and many others.  A very supportive wife and strong woman, making women aware of many things that can, should and will benefit us.  (You Go Girl!)  Jay has demonstrated his abilities to pursue challenges as profoundly impressed by the example set before him by both you & Robin.  Jordan is blossoming and probably taking on activities that help others in many ways that I am not aware of and pursuing his future.  I don't know much about Erica, just that Jay chose her to be in his life and as long as they are happy and continue to love each other, that’s what matters.  Family Matters! (Smile) Your staff does an excellent job!  Congratulations again to you, Robin, Jay, Jordan, Erica, your Staff and though last but not least, Oprah Winfrey for the many visions God has blessed her to see.  Dr. Phil being one of those visions!  Keep doing what you are doing and may God continue to bless You, Dr. Phil and Your Family, Staff & Oprah Winfrey. 

The story about the blind girls and their Mom and Step Dad obviously touched many of us and I pray that things will continue to improve for them.  There are many others, Brandon, I'm glad he's doing so much better. The first family, what can I say, I hope all is well and moving forward.  Not to mention, the Weight Loss testimonials and continued success and challenges.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last