Message Boards

Topic : 07/21 Lies and Betrayal

Number of Replies: 828
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 08, 2008, 12:23:31 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/14/08) When you get married, you look forward to a life filled with love, happiness and security. But what do you do if you find out your spouse has been telling you lies and is someone completely different than the person you thought you knew? Elizabeth says her husband of three years, Matt, is a pathological liar, a con man and an alcoholic. She says he has lied about everything from what he does for a living to dying of cancer so that she would marry him. Matt says Elizabeth is a sociopath, and he accuses her of molesting her 12-year-old son. When Dr. Phil interrogates them with tough questions, will the truth come out? In an effort to sift through the mudslinging and get to the truth, Matt and Elizabeth agree to take a lie detector test. One of the two was deceitful in answering every question. Find out who. Next, hear from Randy and Rhonda, a couple who took Matt in and are caring for him because they believe he may be living the last phase of his life. Will Matt's shocking statements change their view of him? Dr. Phil has a strong warning for this couple. Then, Matt and Elizabeth are currently separated and negotiating custody of their two young daughters. See the argument that ensues outside the courthouse when Elizabeth accuses Matt of sleeping in the same bed with Rhonda. And, what shocking statement does Matt make about his daughters? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 14, 2008, 8:03 am CST

I would have liked him to take a sobriety test

I sure hope SOMEONE will insist upon some sort of treatment for this man.He seemed drugged or drunk.I thought he slurred his words at times.I see him being dangerous if cornered by someone not as  emotionally strong as Dr Phil. This man may be a danger to the people around him.

ibgibbs

February 14, 2008, 8:09 am CST

SCARY!

This man is SCARY!  I just wanted to reach through the TV a choke him. Saying that his kids were "DEAD" to him, is repulsive, He doesn't deserve those kids.  It is so obvous that he is a liar, other wise why wouldn't he answer Dr. Phil's question.  What a freaking spineless coward!

February 14, 2008, 8:10 am CST

Respect

Matt has no respect for anyone.  He doesn't care about his own children.  This to me is more important than the lies he has told.  I find Dr. Phil to be an honest, forthright man who's going to tell you how it is and what's going to happen if something is not done to change the current circumstances.  I personally don't believe Matt should have the privilege of being around his own children.  If he's willing to lie to and deceive adults, what would keep him from doing this to his own children.  I have two kids and would never want my children being around someone who is so manipulative.  The girls need to be saved from this so they do not have to suffer from their parent's mistakes.

February 14, 2008, 8:17 am CST

They are out there

I met a liar of this sort...fortunately I was not the one victimized! Love seemed to cloud the good judgement of the girl that married him. It wasn't until well after the divorce did she find the extent of his lies. He too had a serious problem that was gambling and not going to work. Here she was running arounf and working her bottom off while he left for work each morning and returned at the appropraite time  work would be over. He to wanted a baby and convinced her to have one...after the marriage and the baby is when his stories fell apart. Thankfully she is free of him, and she and her son are fine without this low life scum!

February 14, 2008, 8:21 am CST

02/14 Lies and Betrayal

Quote From: drendo1

Information about a person's education falls under the right to privacy law.  The  University of Michigan would not release the information to Dr. Phil, a television host, by his own admission not a practicing doctor of anything.  I think the whole situation is made up.

Education may or may not fall under the right to privacy law.......I don't know. What I DO know is.....when pressed by Dr. Phil, he admitted that he did NOT go to Uof M medical school nor did he ever intern at St. Joe's hospital. Employers CAN give information of yes or no if someone ever worked there and if they did what dates. They can NOT give info such as disciplinary action or attendance information.

His own mother had no knowledge of him ever attending medical school. If he went through that many years of college, I think his mother would be the first to know. She would be so proud she'd be screaming it from the rooftops.

February 14, 2008, 8:27 am CST

Nut Case

This guy is a complete nut case and needs serious help.  He is a pathological liar and con artist  who actually believes what he says.  He also acted like he was "on something" on the show.    Matthew doesn't even want his children anymore.  How sad.

Question to Matthew:  Why did you bother being on the Dr. Phil Show?  You obviously have a problem with reality.

Note to Elisabeth:  You and your children need to stay away from this person.  Get in touch with family, friends and community programs for support.   Good Luck to you and stay safe. 

February 14, 2008, 8:27 am CST

this show sounds......

over the edge high drama, but I am working at home today so will try to watch.  Love, Luanne

February 14, 2008, 8:30 am CST

whos is the sociaopath

Quote From: gwarrior6

Matt is obviously lying about Elisabeth molesting his son.  Pathological liars can range from lying to lie (about things that don't matter, like saying they brushed their hair when they didn't) when telling the truth is very easy to lying to manipulate other people.  The latter may be a symptom of Anti-Social Personality disorder (APD) or Conduct Disorder (CD)- the liar is goal-oriented or manipulative and doesn't care about other people.  That's what I basically know about it.

Elisabeth should run from this guy- if he's a compulsive liar, he's dangerous.  I wouldn't even waste my time with someone who could ruin my life with his lies.  Your better off alone, even if he gets help, its no guarantee that he'll change.   You desserve someone honest and who cares about you, not some jerk who uses you- sick or not.

there is no doubt in my mind this man is the sociopath , most sociopaths can convince anyone of anything as  matt has done here. his credentials are all falsified not one of them has been given credibility. yes he does fall under the disclosure act as in his record but, dr phils show i do believe tried to validate matts attendence at the college he stated he enrolled into. this  is not a breach of any laws at all. the college can and do relaese  public info as in did a person claiming to attened that perticular college did in fact do so. this is not private info this is public info just as we are able to check a doctors credentials and if they are truly a doctor or not, its the law, we are entitled. this man obviously has very deep sociopath issues and i would fear  him. i say  runn like hell from him and thank  the lord that he chooses to walk away and out of the lives of these kids. god only knows what the results would be if this  loon was to stay in these childrens lives. i think we have only seen the surface of this mans lies and i bet many will be crawling out of the wood work after seeing this show. his eyes and mannerisms would certainly  scare the dickens outta me. the couple that took this loon in should rid  themselves of this man as soon as possible  before they become victims, if they have not already.

February 14, 2008, 8:40 am CST

regarding the right to privacy law

If in fact it was necessary, I'm sure the producers at the Dr Phil show had Matt sign a release in order to get his educational information disclosed from the universities. Maybe he thought they wouldn't do a background check.
I think to some extent, this guy actually believes his own lies! His ego is enormous!. In my opinion, he is obviously mentally unstable and his (ex) wife should terminate any and all contact between herself & the children and him (unless and until, he agrees to get psychological help.) At this point, if I were her, I would consider getting a restraining order, changing the locks, her phone number, maybe even move out of her state and begin a new life - even if it means no child support! This guy is definately NOT to be trusted! He is the type of guy to do something crazy and desperate. Better to be safe than sorry!

February 14, 2008, 8:48 am CST

thank you

Quote From: nancyoct211990

there is no doubt in my mind this man is the sociopath , most sociopaths can convince anyone of anything as  matt has done here. his credentials are all falsified not one of them has been given credibility. yes he does fall under the disclosure act as in his record but, dr phils show i do believe tried to validate matts attendence at the college he stated he enrolled into. this  is not a breach of any laws at all. the college can and do relaese  public info as in did a person claiming to attened that perticular college did in fact do so. this is not private info this is public info just as we are able to check a doctors credentials and if they are truly a doctor or not, its the law, we are entitled. this man obviously has very deep sociopath issues and i would fear  him. i say  runn like hell from him and thank  the lord that he chooses to walk away and out of the lives of these kids. god only knows what the results would be if this  loon was to stay in these childrens lives. i think we have only seen the surface of this mans lies and i bet many will be crawling out of the wood work after seeing this show. his eyes and mannerisms would certainly  scare the dickens outta me. the couple that took this loon in should rid  themselves of this man as soon as possible  before they become victims, if they have not already.

finally a person that knows it is public record if someone attended medical school. Lol imagine if credentials were not checked,  everyone at every bar would be a doctor lol.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last