Message Boards

Topic : 02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 2

Number of Replies: 112
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 14, 2008, 03:50:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with four engaged couples who wonder if they’re ready to take the plunge. With issues such as abuse, infidelity, chauvinism and unplanned pregnancy, the couples move into The Dr. Phil House to see if their relationship has a chance to survive. After completing the last leg of the teamwork challenge, tensions in the House run high as one team gives up and accuses the other of cheating. Scott is confronted about his questionable game tactics. Will he admit to cheating and apologize? Then, since the women complain that their fiancés don’t pay them enough attention, Dr. Phil invites some good-looking gentlemen to the house to pamper the women. While each woman has a one-on-one talk with an attractive stranger, the men secretly watch. Which women reveal the good, the bad and the ugly about their relationships, and which one says her man is perfect? During an intense meeting, Dr. Phil doesn’t mince words when he tells them which couples don’t stand a chance of a successful marriage. What is behind Kalin’s anger? Will Stephanie stop trying to control Steve? And, Dr. Phil makes an offer to Scott and Lisa that brings them to tears. Plus, a huge prize is at stake when a money expert quizzes the couples on how well they know their partner’s financial situation. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 5, 2008, 8:37 am CST

02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 2

Quote From: uniqueleighme

I am trying to figure out WHY dr Phil would award people that had to cheat to win, with new cars. I am sure he saw the same things we did.  Unless I missed something, I never once saw him comment on the way they cheated to win.  Had I been in the house, I am afraid my competitiveness would have made me call them on their cheating on air. 

It just makes no sense to award that kind of behaviour. I would really like to know what Dr. Phil was thinking on this one.

My sentiments exactly!!!

March 6, 2008, 1:50 pm CST

02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 2

I think it's absolutely tragic that such a  sweet, pretty girl (looks like Meg Ryan) would put up with a guy who has cheated on her over and over and over again. If she is being treated like this now, one can only imagine how he'd treat her if she lost her beauty or her health and/or became a burden to him.  One has to wonder why people settle for this sludge. Nobody deserves to be treated like this and his excuse that he just needs to grow up is a huge understatement. I think anyone who can justify in his/her mind that this problem behavior is just a matter of immaturity needs some serious counseling. It's also emotional abuse and it could even become a death sentence for her if he contracts AIDS during his wild philanderings. That couple should be getting individual counseling, not couples counseling, because neither is fit for a relationship, let alone a marriage!  As you say it so well, Dr. Phil, we teach people how to treat us and the message she sends is" go ahead, cheat on me, do whatever you feel like to me because I'm not worth something better, and if you forget this lesson, I'll be sure to remind you".

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next Page | Last Page