Message Boards

Topic : 02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 2

Number of Replies: 112
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 14, 2008, 03:50:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with four engaged couples who wonder if they’re ready to take the plunge. With issues such as abuse, infidelity, chauvinism and unplanned pregnancy, the couples move into The Dr. Phil House to see if their relationship has a chance to survive. After completing the last leg of the teamwork challenge, tensions in the House run high as one team gives up and accuses the other of cheating. Scott is confronted about his questionable game tactics. Will he admit to cheating and apologize? Then, since the women complain that their fiancés don’t pay them enough attention, Dr. Phil invites some good-looking gentlemen to the house to pamper the women. While each woman has a one-on-one talk with an attractive stranger, the men secretly watch. Which women reveal the good, the bad and the ugly about their relationships, and which one says her man is perfect? During an intense meeting, Dr. Phil doesn’t mince words when he tells them which couples don’t stand a chance of a successful marriage. What is behind Kalin’s anger? Will Stephanie stop trying to control Steve? And, Dr. Phil makes an offer to Scott and Lisa that brings them to tears. Plus, a huge prize is at stake when a money expert quizzes the couples on how well they know their partner’s financial situation. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 19, 2008, 1:29 pm CST

Why can't Dr. Phil do a show on "normal couples".

Alright, I need to speak my mind. 

I really like Dr. Phil but can I say that his shows lately have been depressing.  Where does he find these crazy people?

Here is an idea for you Phil. 

Do the opposite show!  Show couples that are best friends and Know how to work together.  Have a game where couples have to work together to win and show people what being married is suppose to be like.

I love being married to my best friend. If I saw your show before I married my husband- I would of run for the hills. Your shows make marriage/relationships look like somethiing from a horror movie.

Honestly- I never dreamed of being so happy.  How about showing GOOD marriages.

Michelle

February 19, 2008, 2:08 pm CST

I would love to speak to Kalin

I saw something today on the show that Kailn said that really hit me like a brink.  He was watching Lacey with the guy in the bedroom and was talking about his own cheating.  He asked the other men if they had cheated, they all said no.  He then said to the guys "you treat her so awful", or something to that affect.   I have never thought about this before.  I would love to hear more on this from him.  This may answer some questions about my relationshiop.  I am suddenly being treated like crap, and wondering what the deal is.

February 19, 2008, 2:10 pm CST

That is The New Generation

It seems in my eyes as a very self assured generation, that has more than the previous generation had, but it is scarry how many people use this as the new "better than me-ism" It becomes a very different set of rules, when people especially young people act and feel entitled. There is nothing wrong with feeling empowered, we aren't talking about that though, we are talking about young people who have been given the best as far as growing up with everything they could ask for. Okay, in one sense but the new age of life costs a bundle, the kids as they are coming up, and seeking to start life on their own, or with a friend or mate, are still not totally clear on what they can afford comfortably or still have to figure out how they will afford what they are looking for.

It is not easy to put a downpayment on house, it takes most people a couple of years, it is not easy to afford rent either, but sooner or later that responsibility will become necessary. I kind of felt the first couple to start to discuss their differences seemed a little bit better off, the second couple were still sounding young and inexperienced, the third couple with the baby, was also not easy to feel that they could do it, the fourth couple with guy who had the sensitive nature still has to deal with the idea that his girl seems to be able and more capable to take care of herself. That is startling in my eyes, but life does happen, I think it is a step in the right direction as well, what the author of the book, "I Can't Marry You" had discussed. It is not easy to be married to a person who is not really a great earner, or has problems that the other person is not able or even willing to deal with. I know I am not perfect and far from it, and money is a definite concern for me. So, eventually I will see how I could get myself together enough to get out under my own weight.

February 19, 2008, 2:11 pm CST

That is The New Generation

It seems in my eyes as a very self assured generation, that has more than the previous generation had, but it is scarry how many people use this as the new "better than me-ism" It becomes a very different set of rules, when people especially young people act and feel entitled. There is nothing wrong with feeling empowered, we aren't talking about that though, we are talking about young people who have been given the best as far as growing up with everything they could ask for. Okay, in one sense but the new age of life costs a bundle, the kids as they are coming up, and seeking to start life on their own, or with a friend or mate, are still not totally clear on what they can afford comfortably or still have to figure out how they will afford what they are looking for.

It is not easy to put a downpayment on house, it takes most people a couple of years, it is not easy to afford rent either, but sooner or later that responsibility will become necessary. I kind of felt the first couple to start to discuss their differences seemed a little bit better off, the second couple were still sounding young and inexperienced, the third couple with the baby, was also not easy to feel that they could do it, the fourth couple with guy who had the sensitive nature still has to deal with the idea that his girl seems to be able and more capable to take care of herself. That is startling in my eyes, but life does happen, I think it is a step in the right direction as well, what the author of the book, "I Can't Marry You" had discussed. It is not easy to be married to a person who is not really a great earner, or has problems that the other person is not able or even willing to deal with. I know I am not perfect and far from it, and money is a definite concern for me. So, eventually I will see how I could get myself together enough to get out under my own weight.

February 19, 2008, 2:15 pm CST

02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 2

Quote From: juliebgg

I wasn't even going to bother to respond to you because from reading your answer to me and to other posters, you tend to twist things and misinterpret things.   But I decided to give it a try anyway....

First of all no one said that "partying" is a way of life.  But I do think that if you miss out on important occasions and activities  as an older teen or young adult that someday you may resent it. Secondly, who said that they wanted this young couple to fail?  Stating what should be obvious; that raising a child (which is not easy even under optimal circumstances) is going to be difficult under their circumstances does not equal wanting them to fail.  They are going to have a very rough road ahead of them.  That is a fact!!!  They are marrying very young and have not completed their educations which would enable them to provide well for themselves and their child.  And they are arguing alot. This makes the case for waiting until you are mature enough emotionally as well as financially before having children. Since it is already after the fact for them, they are going to have to work very very hard if this is to work out.

Amen sista.  It truly is not fair to either one of them to push a marriage on top of about to be having their first child.  If it meant to be for them, there is no reason why they couldnt wait for a less stressful time to get married.  And if they find that their relationship does not work out, then that is good too.  I mean I think that the child would rather have to parents that are beneficial to him/her, than two parents that are together but cant stand each other;  or have tried the marriage thing, found out it didnt work, and now cant communicate.  WAY TOO YOUNG!  This really shouldnt even be a discussion.  It is great that it has worked out for some people, without a doubt.  But the problem is, it does not work for the majority.  And while they seem to have been somewhat unprepared in having the child in the first place, why on earth would they throw another ' maybe ' into the situation. 

February 19, 2008, 2:22 pm CST

02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 2

Quote From: ksfarm

Alright, I need to speak my mind.

I really like Dr. Phil but can I say that his shows lately have been depressing. Where does he find these crazy people?

Here is an idea for you Phil.

Do the opposite show! Show couples that are best friends and Know how to work together. Have a game where couples have to work together to win and show people what being married is suppose to be like.

I love being married to my best friend. If I saw your show before I married my husband- I would of run for the hills. Your shows make marriage/relationships look like somethiing from a horror movie.

Honestly- I never dreamed of being so happy. How about showing GOOD marriages.

Michelle

I REALLY DO NOT THINK HE CAN AS THEIR IS NO NORMAL COUPLES OUT HERE!

AS WE AS FAMILY'S WOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO B**** ABOUT.

AND IS THEIR ANY ONE NORMAL NO NOT ANY ONE.

THE SHOW DR PHIL SHOW CALL AND GET ALL THE CHILDREN AWAY FROM THEM ALL.

TO BAD FOR THESE CHILDREN AS THEY ARE GOING TO BE AS BAD AS THE PARENTS!!

February 19, 2008, 2:27 pm CST

Then get out!!

Quote From: titojakson55

I saw something today on the show that Kailn said that really hit me like a brink.  He was watching Lacey with the guy in the bedroom and was talking about his own cheating.  He asked the other men if they had cheated, they all said no.  He then said to the guys "you treat her so awful", or something to that affect.   I have never thought about this before.  I would love to hear more on this from him.  This may answer some questions about my relationshiop.  I am suddenly being treated like crap, and wondering what the deal is.
I am a child  of a cheating father.  I

If a man is cheating on you-  get out!!! 
I HATED my childhood, thanks to my cheating dad.  My mother stayed in the marriage so we would have a father. That was the worst thing she could of done for her children. 

If someone can cheat on you-  he doesn't love you!!  Get out and find someone that you can trust and that you can have a real marriage with.

February 19, 2008, 2:29 pm CST

I HATE IT for YOU

Quote From: titojakson55

LISTEN to your VOICE. You know the TRUTH without having to ask the ? or hear the answer. A DAD and HUSBOND never makes you wonder about your commitment to your RELATIONSHIP with him.

February 19, 2008, 2:31 pm CST

never the right time

Quote From: pepsigirl5

my husband of 21 years.  verbally abuses me.  he calls me a whore, ugly, stupid and fat. no matter what i wear he hates it.  i am a very thin person.  he i could wear almost anything. but if i do he tells me it looks horrible, or i look like a whore.  he thinks i am cheating on him when i go to work.

he has my selfasteem so low that i do not even want to go out any were.  i lost my job because of him.

he does not work and it is so hard dealing with this, we do not communicate at.

i know what i need to do, but it is so hard after 21 years...........but i am trying to get my self together.

Carol

put yourself together, grab your shoes and walk into a new life.you can't heal when someone keeps cutting you, don't give it one more year, respect is gone, and if respect is gone so is friendship.

We all know who have been married over 15 years when the friendship is gone there is nothing to get you over the hill and  back in love again. good luck

February 19, 2008, 2:36 pm CST

Marriage Readiness Test?

At the end of the show, Dr. Phil said there was a marriage readiness test you can take at drphil.com.  Since I'm getting married on March 15 I thought it would be interesting to take this test, but I can't find it anywhere on the website.  Can anyone tell me where to find this test?  Thanks in advance.

eternal_love

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last