Message Boards

Topic : 02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 2

Number of Replies: 112
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 14, 2008, 03:50:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with four engaged couples who wonder if they’re ready to take the plunge. With issues such as abuse, infidelity, chauvinism and unplanned pregnancy, the couples move into The Dr. Phil House to see if their relationship has a chance to survive. After completing the last leg of the teamwork challenge, tensions in the House run high as one team gives up and accuses the other of cheating. Scott is confronted about his questionable game tactics. Will he admit to cheating and apologize? Then, since the women complain that their fiancés don’t pay them enough attention, Dr. Phil invites some good-looking gentlemen to the house to pamper the women. While each woman has a one-on-one talk with an attractive stranger, the men secretly watch. Which women reveal the good, the bad and the ugly about their relationships, and which one says her man is perfect? During an intense meeting, Dr. Phil doesn’t mince words when he tells them which couples don’t stand a chance of a successful marriage. What is behind Kalin’s anger? Will Stephanie stop trying to control Steve? And, Dr. Phil makes an offer to Scott and Lisa that brings them to tears. Plus, a huge prize is at stake when a money expert quizzes the couples on how well they know their partner’s financial situation. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 19, 2008, 2:39 pm CST

I know Scott

Wow, time has not changed this guy Scott.  I was in one of his weddings.  He was the same way then.  That was many years ago and they had a daughter together.  I thought he was just a "dreamer"  then and he still is!!!!  Lisa, get out while you can.  This leapard has not changed his spots.  The stuff she complains about was the same stuff  one of his ex-wives (an old friend) complained about.  What a shock to see him on TV today. 

February 19, 2008, 2:41 pm CST

Carol why do you stay girl?

Quote From: pepsigirl5

my husband of 21 years. verbally abuses me. he calls me a whore, ugly, stupid and fat. no matter what i wear he hates it. i am a very thin person. he i could wear almost anything. but if i do he tells me it looks horrible, or i look like a whore. he thinks i am cheating on him when i go to work.

he has my selfasteem so low that i do not even want to go out any were. i lost my job because of him.

he does not work and it is so hard dealing with this, we do not communicate at.

i know what i need to do, but it is so hard after 21 years...........but i am trying to get my self together.

Carol

CAROL WHY DON'T YOU GO AND LET HIM GO?

HONEY DON'T STAY IF HE DOES THIS LATER IN THE YEARS HE WILL TRY AND KILL YOU.

I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR PLACE HONEY GET OUT.

I WAS MARRIED FOR 27 AND AT THE LAST YEAR THAT WE WAS TOGETHER HE TOOK HIS GUN AND I TOLD HIM KILL ME AND I DON'T HAVE TO LIVE THIS WAY ANYMORE.

PLEASE GET OUT AND TAKE YOUR CHILDREN WITH YOU AND NEVER EVER LOOK BACK.

I HAD TO LEAVE THE STATE AND TO THIS DAY HE STILL DOESN'T  NO WHERE I AM AT.

I HAD TO GET OUT OR I WOULD OF BEEN DEAD.

AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU YOU CANT GET MONEY PER MONTH FROM HIM BECAUSE YOU CAN.

IF YOU NEED HELP MAKE SURE YOUR FAMILY WONT TELL THE HIM OR YOU WILL END UP DEAD.

PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT SOME ONE TO TALK TO.

HERE IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS poppyseed454@hotmail.com

CAROL PLEASE EMAIL ME I WILL HELP YOU IF I CAN

PLEASE TAKE CARE

BYE TAKE CARE

February 19, 2008, 2:48 pm CST

I know Scott too.

Quote From: devinep

Scott,

I know you, I am the step mother to your last wife's kids. You really need some help and I hope Dr. Phil will give it to you.

I know Scott too.  He was married to an old friend of mine.  She was much younger and they ended up having a daughter together.  I was in their wedding.   Wondering which wife you knew.  I knew Sara.

February 19, 2008, 2:49 pm CST

YOU NEED HELP BAD

Quote From: sunsh44

Amen sista.  It truly is not fair to either one of them to push a marriage on top of about to be having their first child.  If it meant to be for them, there is no reason why they couldnt wait for a less stressful time to get married.  And if they find that their relationship does not work out, then that is good too.  I mean I think that the child would rather have to parents that are beneficial to him/her, than two parents that are together but cant stand each other;  or have tried the marriage thing, found out it didnt work, and now cant communicate.  WAY TOO YOUNG!  This really shouldnt even be a discussion.  It is great that it has worked out for some people, without a doubt.  But the problem is, it does not work for the majority.  And while they seem to have been somewhat unprepared in having the child in the first place, why on earth would they throw another ' maybe ' into the situation. 

YOU NEED HELP BAD AND YOU NEED TO SEE DR PHIL

GET YOU HEAD OUT OF THE SAND

February 19, 2008, 2:58 pm CST

Anyone,, please

Please ,, if someone knows who Roger King is please tell me.  Thanks

February 19, 2008, 3:01 pm CST

02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 2

Quote From: deb1966

ASK DR PHIL AS WE ALL ARE TRYING TO FIND OUT TO.

February 19, 2008, 3:06 pm CST

Quote From: deb1966

Syndication titan Roger M. King, most recently CEO of CBS Television Distribution, died Saturday from complications of a stroke he suffered Friday at his home in Boca Raton, Fla. He was 63. 

Mr. King, through his King World Productions, was responsible for the launch, sales and distribution of some of syndication's biggest successes, including "Wheel of Fortune," "Jeopardy!," "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and "Dr. Phil." 

February 19, 2008, 3:13 pm CST

had to leave half way through the show to take my son to work, dr phil you should make it a rule to stay in the dr phil house you must not use language that has to be beeeeeppppppeeeeeeeddddddd  out, i know you do not have control of peoples mouths but when there infront of your cameras you would think they would be on there best behavior, and watch what comes out of there mouths, to the young women there, LADIES THATS NOT VERY BECOMING OF ANY OF YOU TO USE THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE, WOW  YOU ALL NEED YOUR MOUTHS WASHED OUT WITH SOAP!!!!!. EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU!!!!!!

February 19, 2008, 3:14 pm CST

Next Week

Did I hear correctly that next week someone reveals that they are pregnant - and the fiance is not the father?

February 19, 2008, 3:16 pm CST

Lisa and Scott

I was watching Part 2 of Rules of Engagement and I was really sad for Lisa and Scott in particular.  I thought that Dr. Phil would talk to Lisa more but maybe it was on a tape that was cut.   I just can't believe how she tares Scott to pieces.  I've seen myself do it in my own mariage and I am trying to improve in that area.  I think it's important for Lisa to acknowledge her behaviour and try to work on it.  She said that she does it but it's who she is.  That behaviour should not define who she is as a person.  We should always be willing to grow and become a better person.  I have been reading a book that I think is good for all women.  It explains what goes on in the head of a man.  A lot of what Scott was saying is what a lot of men think in general, who knew?  We women have a hard time understanding why men think the way they do. Read : "FOR WOMEN ONLY - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE INNER LIVES OF MEN" by Shaunti Feldhahn.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last