Message Boards

Topic : 02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 2

Number of Replies: 112
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 14, 2008, 03:50:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with four engaged couples who wonder if they’re ready to take the plunge. With issues such as abuse, infidelity, chauvinism and unplanned pregnancy, the couples move into The Dr. Phil House to see if their relationship has a chance to survive. After completing the last leg of the teamwork challenge, tensions in the House run high as one team gives up and accuses the other of cheating. Scott is confronted about his questionable game tactics. Will he admit to cheating and apologize? Then, since the women complain that their fiancés don’t pay them enough attention, Dr. Phil invites some good-looking gentlemen to the house to pamper the women. While each woman has a one-on-one talk with an attractive stranger, the men secretly watch. Which women reveal the good, the bad and the ugly about their relationships, and which one says her man is perfect? During an intense meeting, Dr. Phil doesn’t mince words when he tells them which couples don’t stand a chance of a successful marriage. What is behind Kalin’s anger? Will Stephanie stop trying to control Steve? And, Dr. Phil makes an offer to Scott and Lisa that brings them to tears. Plus, a huge prize is at stake when a money expert quizzes the couples on how well they know their partner’s financial situation. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 19, 2008, 3:16 pm CST

This is Roger King

DEATHS ELSEWHERE Roger King, brought Oprah Winfrey, 'Dr. Phil' to TV Monday, December 10, 2007 From wire reports

Boca Raton, Fla.- Roger King, the CBS and King World Productions executive who helped bring stars including Oprah Winfrey, Alex Trebek and "Dr. Phil" McGraw to television, died Saturday of a stroke. He was 63.

At the time of his death King was chief executive officer of CBS Television Distribution. He joined the net work in 2000 when his groundbreak ing company, King World Productions, merged with CBS.

Under King's guidance, King World became the industry's leading distributor of first-run, syndicated programming, bringing such shows to television as "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and "Dr. Phil." He also launched the long-running syndicated news magazine "Inside Edition."

February 19, 2008, 3:20 pm CST

Googled Roger King

Quote From: poppyseed454

ASK DR PHIL AS WE ALL ARE TRYING TO FIND OUT TO.
I googled Roger King...this is what I found: Roger King, brought Oprah Winfrey, 'Dr. Phil' to TV Monday, December 10, 2007 From wire reports

Boca Raton, Fla.- Roger King, the CBS and King World Productions executive who helped bring stars including Oprah Winfrey, Alex Trebek and "Dr. Phil" McGraw to television, died Saturday of a stroke. He was 63.

At the time of his death King was chief executive officer of CBS Television Distribution. He joined the net work in 2000 when his groundbreak ing company, King World Productions, merged with CBS.

Under King's guidance, King World became the industry's leading distributor of first-run, syndicated programming, bringing such shows to television as "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and "Dr. Phil." He also launched the long-running syndicated news magazine "Inside Edition."

February 19, 2008, 3:39 pm CST

02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 2

The only couple I have any hope for is the young one.  They may be 19, but if they are truly willing to put each other need's, and the needs of that child, above their own they might just make it.

I do wish that sometimes good solid marriages were spotlighted as much as the bad marriages/relationships are.

February 19, 2008, 3:39 pm CST

Dr. Phil's attractive stranger?

Hey Dr. Phil maybe you should give me a call and you can hire me to be 'the attractive gentlemen' because from today's shows, it looks like you may need some 'professional advice' it terms of picking 'attractive men' to fill the job.

No offense, but Im willing to bet that 99% of the woman thought that guy wasn't attractive, skinny, no muscular size, pale, greasy hair, not even remotely attractive.

Atleast get men that will make those other skinny, fat, abusing, toothpick arm so-called men actually defensive and jealous of someone who's better looking, better shape, more muscular, better physical symmetry, nice eyes, teeth, hair, tanned, no gross body hair, etc, etc. Easy to talk too, good listener, listens to what the woman say, etc, etc. Give those other nerds nothing to comment on expect wow, that guys good looking, in excellent shape, etc, etc...

February 19, 2008, 3:48 pm CST

Young Love

It really does upset me how dr. phil is so against young marriages. Not all people who get married young are doomed for divorce. I got married at 18 and a lot of people say we have one of the strongest marriages that they have ever seen. We maybe only fight once in like 4 months. When we do have a fight, we never run away from the problem. We sit down and talk it out until it is resolved. We have vowed never to kick eachother out of bed for doing something wrong. We view that as another way of running from your problems. We understand that most fights are about money and finances. Knowing that, my husband and I are very careful about our money, and set up extra savings accounts in case we do find ourselves in trouble. We discuss purchases before we make them and are both pursueing our careers at college. Are love and passion is always alive. Sex is about love to us and isn't just about doing the act to say that we do it x number of times a week. I just want Dr. Phil to understand that not ALL young marriages are bad. I have never been happier and I couldn't see my life going in any other direction. I feel for this young couple and I know that they can make it. I feel that they have a better chance than all the other couples.

February 19, 2008, 3:51 pm CST

Quote From: shmigelz

Hey Dr. Phil maybe you should give me a call and you can hire me to be 'the attractive gentlemen' because from today's shows, it looks like you may need some 'professional advice' it terms of picking 'attractive men' to fill the job.

No offense, but Im willing to bet that 99% of the woman thought that guy wasn't attractive, skinny, no muscular size, pale, greasy hair, not even remotely attractive.

Atleast get men that will make those other skinny, fat, abusing, toothpick arm so-called men actually defensive and jealous of someone who's better looking, better shape, more muscular, better physical symmetry, nice eyes, teeth, hair, tanned, no gross body hair, etc, etc. Easy to talk too, good listener, listens to what the woman say, etc, etc. Give those other nerds nothing to comment on expect wow, that guys good looking, in excellent shape, etc, etc...

lol. You are so funny! I agree with you 100%! No wonder those girls didn't want a massage from them!

February 19, 2008, 3:55 pm CST

Quote From: rommel2298

I know Scott too.  He was married to an old friend of mine.  She was much younger and they ended up having a daughter together.  I was in their wedding.   Wondering which wife you knew.  I knew Sara.

HOW MANY TIMES HAS THIS GUY BEEN MARRIED???????????????????

AND DOSE THIS GAL KNOW????

I SURE WOULD BE ASKING QQQQQQQ'S WOULDN'T YOU.

WELL WHAT WILL GO ON IF SHE FINDS OUT THE REAL TRUTH?

February 19, 2008, 3:58 pm CST

contributor or contaminator

It is amazing how women always perceive themselves as a contributor, no matter how toxic they are. If there are problems, it must be with the guys, because women are just perfect. I think they all came to Dr. Phil house to fix the guys and enjoy the victory. Women are supposed to be very perceptive and intuitive and relationships experts, and I still wait for some proof of it. They are as blind as men can be, but add the amazing arrogance to it, and you just can't beat that! I see around me with my friends how guys carry on all the load of couple issues, trying to live up to their girlfriends or wives standards, which they never achieve themselves by the way. Practice what you preach and what you excpect from others. Often guys just gives up or gets violent from frustration of dealing with irrational demands.

February 19, 2008, 4:14 pm CST

Amen!!

Quote From: ksfarm

Alright, I need to speak my mind. 

I really like Dr. Phil but can I say that his shows lately have been depressing.  Where does he find these crazy people?

Here is an idea for you Phil. 

Do the opposite show!  Show couples that are best friends and Know how to work together.  Have a game where couples have to work together to win and show people what being married is suppose to be like.

I love being married to my best friend. If I saw your show before I married my husband- I would of run for the hills. Your shows make marriage/relationships look like somethiing from a horror movie.

Honestly- I never dreamed of being so happy.  How about showing GOOD marriages.

Michelle
I agree with you michelle. They don't show enough good and positive things on TV shows. Yet dr. phil wouldn't have a show without disturbed people. I have a wonderful marriage  to my best friend as well, and I married very young. I still am young. Yet a lot of people like Dr. Phil makes it look like it is so bad, and people should never do it. Kudos to you my friend! You read my mind!

February 19, 2008, 4:16 pm CST

That's great!

Quote From: hstiersma

It really does upset me how dr. phil is so against young marriages. Not all people who get married young are doomed for divorce. I got married at 18 and a lot of people say we have one of the strongest marriages that they have ever seen. We maybe only fight once in like 4 months. When we do have a fight, we never run away from the problem. We sit down and talk it out until it is resolved. We have vowed never to kick eachother out of bed for doing something wrong. We view that as another way of running from your problems. We understand that most fights are about money and finances. Knowing that, my husband and I are very careful about our money, and set up extra savings accounts in case we do find ourselves in trouble. We discuss purchases before we make them and are both pursueing our careers at college. Are love and passion is always alive. Sex is about love to us and isn't just about doing the act to say that we do it x number of times a week. I just want Dr. Phil to understand that not ALL young marriages are bad. I have never been happier and I couldn't see my life going in any other direction. I feel for this young couple and I know that they can make it. I feel that they have a better chance than all the other couples.

It is truly wonderful that you and your husband have succeeded in creating a happy and strong marriage! But you ARE the exception, not the rule. And it is BECAUSE it's not the rule that Dr. Phil, and anyone else who has wisdom and experience, is against young marriages.

To all of you out there who scream, "I did this and I did that, and what you say doesn't apply to me"....well, fine. If it doesn't apply to you, don't get upset over it! Just smile and take comfort in the fact that it doesn't apply to you...and relax!

WWW.NONONSENSEGRAMMYTREE.BLOGSPOT.COM

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last