Message Boards

Topic : 06/05 Family Court Battles

Number of Replies: 484
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 14, 2008, 03:52:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/21/08) Stalking allegations, surveillance cameras, restraining orders. This may sound like a television drama, but it's the life of a mother and daughter who have declared war on each other! Rita claims her daughter, Lisa, is alienating her from her 13-year-old grandson, Koal, and is brainwashing him to hate her. Lisa says Rita is crazy and is using Koal as a weapon to hurt her. Lisa's ex-husband, Koal's father, says his ex-mother-in-law is a habitual liar and control freak. Neither parent believes Koal should be forced to visit with Rita. Accusations fly when mother and daughter face off. With all the finger-pointing, who's telling the truth? Dr. Phil drills down on the issues. You won't believe what he thinks may be at the root of this problem. Then, with seven lawsuits filed, Lisa and Rita have visited the courthouse numerous times. Rita won her grandparent's rights to visit with Koal, and she says she will stop at nothing until Lisa allows her to see her grandson. Plus, hear from the 13-year-old boy who's caught in the middle of this nasty family feud. His comments may shock you. And attorney Gloria Allred sheds light on who has what rights in this case. Can this family arrange a plan for peace? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 21, 2008, 11:17 am CST

Grow UP!

Both of these women need to grow up and learn to be adults. They have both put Koal in the middle of this dispute that clearly goes back to a time when Koal was not even born. Mom needs to stop disparaging grandma in his presence, discuss the legal issues when he is not in earshot and grandma should stop using the legal system to torture her daughter.

February 21, 2008, 11:31 am CST

Could be....

Quote From: nixi333

I think that what is going on is clear.... Rita can't stand or face growing older. when she was 30 she went after a young boy. Now that she's old enough to be passed child baring years she is trying to take Cole away from his parents so she can play mommy and convince herself she's still young.

It is so sad (and pathetic) I feel for all of them except Rita. I just can't believe how much Rita has cost this poor family.

Nixi

You may be right about that....but, why is she just concentrating on the 13 year old boy?  She has other grandchildren,  yet Koal is the target of her obsession. If she wanted to be a "mommy" again it seems she would pick out one of the younger kids.

I have pretty good instincts about people, and Rita gave me the creeps!

February 21, 2008, 11:40 am CST

02/21 Family Court Battles

Quote From: bj1962

I am just wondering from the comments of a few folks...how do you know so much about the program before it has been aired?

Were you in the audience for the taping or something?

Thanks in advance for any insight :-)

Hi there,

I am in Ohio and the show comes on here at 10:00am.

I know it comes on at different times throughout the day, depending upon where you live.

February 21, 2008, 11:54 am CST

Family court battles

I understand how this young woman feels about her mother.

My grandmother put the make on my boyfriend and at the time I was just 15 years old,

and my grandmother was in her 40s at the time.My boyfriend was 19.

So if I was this young woman PLEASE KEEP YOUR MOTHER AWAY.

It is to bad that the grandmother is not thinking about her daughter and her grandson,she is only thinking about her self to think that she still has it.

The grandmother is  sick and Dr Phil where is your head?

So the grandmother should be lock up for good.And never go to her grandson she is hurting that boy.

Let hope that grandson can see the light about his grandmother

February 21, 2008, 11:57 am CST

Quote From: nixi333

I have to say I have an amazing grandmother! We are actually more like mother and daughter, I don't know what I would do with out her!

I can not imagine having this crazy vindictive vile woman as a grandmother!!!! How horrible!!

How wonderful that you and your grandmother are so close!

I have 5 grandchildren: 2 boys: 22 years and 7 years,  and 3 girls: 16 years, 13 years and 7 months old. The older ones tell me I'm "pretty cool".  We have such fun together and I adore them!  I've always made sure that I follow the rules their parents set down for them, and I would never dream of trying to compete with their parents for the attention of these kids! Nor would I hurt my grandchildren by arguing with their parents about anything. A healthy relationship with your children and grandchildren is a gift to everyone. I want to enjoy my time on this earth with all these precious people! It's too short as it is...why make it painful?  

When you are a grandparent,  you have a completely different relationship than you had with your own kids.....I already was a parent to my own..I sure don't want to be a parent to my grandkids!  

Viva la difference!   

WWW.NONONSENSEGRAMMYTREE.BLOGSPOT.COM

February 21, 2008, 12:06 pm CST

Family court battles

I understand how this young woman feels about her mother.

My grandmother put the make on my boyfriend and at the time I was just 15 years old,

and my grandmother was in her 40s at the time.My boyfriend was 19.

So if I was this young woman PLEASE KEEP YOUR MOTHER AWAY.

It is to bad that the grandmother is not thinking about her daughter and her grandson,she is only thinking about her self to think that she still has it.

The grandmother is  sick and Dr Phil where is your head?

So the grandmother should be lock up for good.And never go to her grandson she is hurting that boy.

Let hope that grandson can see the light about his grandmother

February 21, 2008, 12:15 pm CST

Quote From: verniece68

I happened to be in the audience for this show.  Quite interesting and sometimes rather funny.  A must see!
that must have been so interesting.  I've heard several come from the audience once back online and the day of airing saying that there's a lot on the day of taping the show that doesn't make it to the actual hour on the show.  What was the funny stuff?  Do tell I love to hear this behind the scenes goings on that we don't get to see. 

February 21, 2008, 12:27 pm CST

Quote From: celticmistie

I have a Mom that has issue and mental disease who also took me to court. I feel  for famiy. It was i trying time in my life.
I'm very sorry for you pain and it's sad that this stuff all goes on.   And when people make false accusations then it's hard to tell when a person is saying "this person has a mental disease".  We start to think everyone is being petty when in reality a mother is trying to keep a child safe from grandma and the mental torment they had to endure in their own childhood.   

February 21, 2008, 12:51 pm CST

Where was the lie detector this time?

I really, really, really, wish Dr. Phil would have given both Lisa and her mom a lie detector test so all the nonsense could be cut down. It's obvious someone is lying, and determining that would have made everything so much easier on the show! Where was the lie detector test???

February 21, 2008, 12:56 pm CST

Why?

Why do you let those people argue back and forth and interrupt each other??  Why don't you keep control, and ask the questions to each person directly, don't let the other interrupt, and get down to the actual problem?  It's so annoying to watch a show like this...

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last