Message Boards

Topic : 02/27 Internet Cheats

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 22, 2008, 12:13:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil talks with an engaged couple who can’t agree on what is appropriate online behavior. Tameka wants her fiancé, Keith, to shut down his three MySpace profiles that she says he uses to flirt with other women. She says he’s addicted to the social networking site and has already cheated on her twice with women he’s met online. Keith says he uses his profiles to promote his business as an entertainer, and flirting is just part of the job. He says getting rid of his profiles would be like cutting off his arm! What happens when Tameka creates her own provocative profile? Will it give Keith a taste of his own medicine? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with this couple one month later. Tameka says she’s still suspicious of Keith’s fidelity. Keith says he’s willing to do anything to prove that he is being faithful, but will he take Dr. Phil up on his offer to take a lie detector test? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 27, 2008, 3:42 pm CST

What women like

Dear Keith,

there's not a women out there that is completely attracted to a man that is dedicated and completely faithful.  So unless you're trying to hook up with someone, you would have a better response from women if you are a faithful man.  The reason being, is that there are so very few out there and you are being common at this point.  We really didn't believe you and your "business" story.  If you don't want to be with your fiance' then be man enough to leave.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander!  Your looking like a schmuck!  We are all saying poor girl, she has one of "those."  Wise up.

February 27, 2008, 3:47 pm CST

THIS IS MY LIFE lol

I feel bad for this poor woman and if i could say just one thing to her it would be run for the hills.  I just wish i had listened when i was told the same thing.  My husband is addicted to the internet big time.  He only talks to women, never men.  We are both retired and could be enjoying these remaining years but he can't leave his computer.  I have snooped also and boy did i regret what i found out.  I question myself every day as to why i don't kick his ass to the curb.  We haven't been married very long and this hurts more then i can or will admit to him.  I could use some advice from Dr. Phil myself.

February 27, 2008, 3:52 pm CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

hey does anyone know what state they  live in? i wanna look his band up.. not to hit  him up either lol. screw that guy Tamika can get 100 times better and she deserves it.

February 27, 2008, 4:01 pm CST

To Tamika and Keith

Tamika, you are a gorgeous girl.  I think you could get another date in about five minutes.

Keith, hope you will start being honest with everyone and be more respectful of women.  I do not think pretending to be single is honorable...think you will find women respect you more if you tell them you are a family man.

February 27, 2008, 4:10 pm CST

YOU'RE WORTH MORE THAN EQUIPMENT!

Quote From: wavdancr

People aren't nearly as stupid as they want us to think they are.

He knows darn well that what he's doing hurts you and hurts your marriage.

Too many guys think that a marriage license keeps their wives "stuck" married to them no matter what they do. How can you take back your power in your marriage? Or are his actions his way of telling you he's going to do whatever he wants no matter what you think or feel?

Is it worth trying to get him to go to counseling with you? Or would it be best to just walk away from him?
When someone disrespects you enough to keep doing whatever, whenever, to whoever, however without any disregard to what your wants, needs, rights and sanity require, it is time to show that person the door. I had been an aboused spouse for years. When it came down to him reading me a typed farewell letter  from a computer that he had snapped shut the second when I walked in to my own darn bedroom, that was the LAST insult I was going to take. No doubt he was looking at other stuff. But whan he read from ths fake letter that he hoped I didn't relapse when he walked out the door (I had been sober four years at that point and he wasn't that important to me), I told him not to let the door hit him in the ass that night. My daughter is now 20--that was nine years ago and I have remarried to a guy who lets ME surf the net and go where I want to go!

February 27, 2008, 4:28 pm CST

When the word PERSONAL is used in a discussion between two people in a relationship!!!

When you are in a relationship, NOTHING should be deemed as personal.  Your lives together is personal, not the life outside the relationship.  If that is used, the person has something personal to hide from the other. 

February 27, 2008, 4:38 pm CST

Honesty is the best policy

Quote From: bridget64

I feel bad for this poor woman and if i could say just one thing to her it would be run for the hills.  I just wish i had listened when i was told the same thing.  My husband is addicted to the internet big time.  He only talks to women, never men.  We are both retired and could be enjoying these remaining years but he can't leave his computer.  I have snooped also and boy did i regret what i found out.  I question myself every day as to why i don't kick his ass to the curb.  We haven't been married very long and this hurts more then i can or will admit to him.  I could use some advice from Dr. Phil myself.

So you wish to live your life being dishonest with him, as he is being dishonest with you??? 

Be honest with yourself first and foremost.  You've done wrong, he's done wrong; own it, digest it, get over. it, move forward.

February 27, 2008, 4:47 pm CST

Need a life boith of you and need to move on

OMG, why did they even bother comming on Dr.Phil show and seriously if he says that the myspace account is for offical business and they why in world would you cheat with women and don't admit it and the fiancee needs to move on. God they have wasted the show's energy and time. Well needing to do a lie detector test, she needed  to come on the show other than that she needs  to get it she can have any guy.  There are worst case scenarios of which people need in infadility and those types of issues are addressed in the show and need psychological and professtional help. Seriously i am hoping they both move on and its an embarassment to everyone. Girl you need to find some one who takes you in for who you are. People are so reluntless and don't know what they can do about it and need to accept it and mobe on. Please and don't turn back

February 27, 2008, 4:55 pm CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

Tamika,

You deserve a man that will treat you better then that. I see red flags with this guy. You should not have to go onto my space to find out who he has been fooling around with. You deserve someone better then that.

February 27, 2008, 5:08 pm CST

It will be OK!

Quote From: robert_goodman

I married my wife in 2005, I am a retired Canadian Vetran, with a problem with PTSD. I thought I had found my sole mate in this lady. In the spring of 2006 she had an affair on the internet on a chatroom. She denied all of this until I read her quotes from the chat sessions that I had captured. Chat sex sessions, (yes I "bugged" her computer) So we where getting through that, I was prepared to forgive and move on with my wife who I loved dearly.

Spring 2007, my wife decides that she needed to find herself and moved into the city, got an apartment, and told me she was working on her issues with a councellor. All with the hopes of us becoming better for each other. I suported her decision, and shewas truly happy with our short term separation. She still wanted to be with me, she just needed to deal with some of her life issues that where interfering in our relationship

I was also attending self help lectures and seeing a councellor to try to become a better man for her and for me. I was often struggling with depression. I worked hard al smmer with my issues.

We got back together in Aug of 2007 and rekindled our relationship. Fresh promises, lots of hope. I set us up in couples councelling and we attended once a week for months. We started living together again, yet she kept her apartment and would go there through the week to get her privacy. Right up to early Feb this year.

I was again suspicious of her internet activities, she would never let me see her screen when I walked into the room and that sort of thing. And she jumped anytime I handed her cellphone to her. Little things started bothering me.

So I snooped on her computer and discovered emails from 3 different men, all during the same period of time from Aug through to that date.  As well as references as far back as early spring when we where still together, before she went to find herself. It was all about sex, talking about their phone sex, and internet video sex sessions. Her computer had naked pictures of thes guys with them masturbating. She had sent lurid pics of her self also.

This all happened while she was looking me in the eyes and telling me I was the only man for her.

I told her to leave. I have a lawyer and am persuing a divorce. I am absolutley crushed, I feel like such a fool. I have stumbled through the idea of suicide often over the past 2 weeks. I am staying alive for my dog, that is all I feel I have right now. I cannot eat without throwing up and have started force feeding myself with "boost" a liquid meal replacement. I have lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. from 180 to 165. I do not sleep and I have started drinking pretty heavily.

I'm not sure if  am going to make it through this. I am so destroyed at her deciet. I have seen my councellor twice since this all started and I just cry and rage when I try to talk with him.

These internet affairs are deadly to people.  Don't do it to your spouse.
Please be OK!  You sound as though you need immediate pro. help!  She's not worht it, so eat well and move on.  God bless.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last