Message Boards

Topic : 02/27 Internet Cheats

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 22, 2008, 12:13:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil talks with an engaged couple who can’t agree on what is appropriate online behavior. Tameka wants her fiancé, Keith, to shut down his three MySpace profiles that she says he uses to flirt with other women. She says he’s addicted to the social networking site and has already cheated on her twice with women he’s met online. Keith says he uses his profiles to promote his business as an entertainer, and flirting is just part of the job. He says getting rid of his profiles would be like cutting off his arm! What happens when Tameka creates her own provocative profile? Will it give Keith a taste of his own medicine? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with this couple one month later. Tameka says she’s still suspicious of Keith’s fidelity. Keith says he’s willing to do anything to prove that he is being faithful, but will he take Dr. Phil up on his offer to take a lie detector test? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 27, 2008, 5:36 am CST

Myspace drama

My husband and I both have separate MySpace accounts because we are into different things. However, we are both listed at the top of the favorites list of each site. In other words, I can look at his MySpace and he can look at mine.

If you were to look at his MySpace page, you would think he's a young single guy. But and here's the huge but, if you click on the first friend, that is a link to my page and you would see all the things he sends to my page.

Personally I don't mind, but I would if he wasn't honest with me.

Sorry if I ramble a little. I'm not feeling well, and I don't think I made any sense.

February 27, 2008, 7:38 am CST

Run Tameka Run!

Tameka - you're a beautiful, intelligent woman with so much to offer.  Please take Dr. Phil's advice and take control of your life - you don't need to sit around and wait for Keith to hurt you again.  Clearly, he's just one of those men who wants to have his cake and eat it too.  If his MySpace pages were really just for business, he'd be completely transparent and let you have access to everything so you can feel assured his business isn't monkey business.

He is, as Dr. Phil says, completely addicted to the attention he gets from women and being an "entertainer" gives him a constant supply of that.  He is correct on one issue however, whether the Internet and MySpace existed or not - he'd still be cheating on you.  The fact he's not willing to give any of this up, he's not willing to take a polygraph and he's admitted he'd have cheated on you without MySpace tells any intelligent woman that he's not the marrying kind.  At least he's being honest about that - he doesn't want to be married because he doesn't really want to make a commitment to anyone or anything but his own ego gratification.  He probably never will.

So girlfriend, run, don't walk in any direction that takes you away from this noncommital serial cheater.  He won't change because there's no reason for him to change.  It has nothing to do with you - he'll continue to be a serial cheater because there's something in him that is so insecure it needs the constant reinforcement of attention from anyone and everyone. 

You don't need that kind of heartache - you're too good for that.  You deserve a man who will be honest, straightforward and transparent with you and who will treat you with respect.  I wish you all good things and the courage to do what you know in your heart you need to do.

February 27, 2008, 7:39 am CST

O.....M.....G!!

Holy Crap!

First off, why is she putting up with this?! I would get rid of him! It seems like too much of a hassle to keep up with all his goings on!

As far as Myspace goes, my husband and I have our Myspace together. I can get on there and so can he. Our family and friends are together and we have nothing to hide from eachother!

February 27, 2008, 7:58 am CST

Hit the Road Jack !!!

I do not know why this woman needs to have someone tell her that this dude is the wrong one for her !!!  He will never be faithful and if she marries him...and they begin a family...there will only be hurt and a complete disaster....she needs to throw him to the curb and get on with the business of living her life to the fullest without him...there is a man out there...that will treat her as his Princess...and give her all the love and devotion that she deserves !!!  "Get er done"...girl...kick him to the curb !!!  Wishing you the best in life...

February 27, 2008, 8:12 am CST

You get what you ask for. Wake up, Lady!

Once a big Oprah fan, I recall her using the term "red flags."

If this guest marries a man she suspects of infidelity, she GETS WHAT SHE ASKS FOR. She will have NOBODY TO BLAME but herself.

If you don't trust someone you are dating, why would you even want to marry that person? Don't you like and respect yourself enough to believe you deserve better?

Those who love, like and respect us treat us well and don't want us to feel insecure. They make us feel good about ourselves. They bring out the best in ourselves. They help make us better, stronger individuals.

Any guy/gal who's a loser BEFORE marriage will be a BIGGER LOSER after marriage. What we are looking at is simply a future divorce. I don't plan on watching this show. It's a waste of my time and this is coming from someone married (happily) for 18 years to a great guy who was wonderful the entire 1 yr 3 months that we dated!

February 27, 2008, 8:15 am CST

OPEN BOOKS...a must!

HAPPILY MARRIED couples are OPEN BOOKS.  It's called respect.

I have been married 18 years and have MANY friends and acquaintances who have been married between 15 and 35 years. They are ALL open books. That's why their marriages are strong and healthy.

And that's EXACTLY why Dr. Phil's marriage is as good as it is.

February 27, 2008, 8:22 am CST

Internet Cheats

I hope she loses the loser......she is pretty and will find someone for her who will treat her with respect.

Keith needs to get a life and quit lying.....

February 27, 2008, 8:27 am CST

My comments on the show

I felt Keith could have been honest with the fact that he was in a relationship on his myspace. I have a myspace and everything else out there and I am honest with my relationship status. You are still gonna get those women that will still flirt with you and stay dirty things to see what they can do. You just have to have control of self in order not to cheat.

As far as Tameka, Keith was right about a comment he made. She was using Myspace as the focal part of the problem. I think the problem was deeper than MySpace. He would have cheated myspace or no myspace. You can't blame a website for your mate cheating. Its in him to do it no website, chat or web community will make you cheat.

Tameka didn't understand that her page was different than what Keith was doing. She was putting herself out there to flirt. Keith just let the flirting on his page get him in trouble, but her page draws the wrong attention and isn't a way to get back at someone.

I hope Tameka doen't come out this situation thinking that someone that is on a chat or web site has to let it go in order to be in a relationship with her. Its not about the site its about the man that a woman is dealing with that is the major concern.

February 27, 2008, 8:33 am CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

i think that internet cheating is a serious issue in some relationships. i am going through this at this time so todays show really hits close to home. my boyfriend is similar to the guy who was a guest on the show. he claims that he uses it to get fans because he's in the misuc industry but i don't believe it. some of the the messages and suggestions he sends to these women is not appropriate in my eyes. he says i'm making a big deal out of nothing. i'm really considering breaking up with him because there is a serious TRUST issue anyway besides the internet situation. i think that alot of men get myspace pages so they can meet all kinds of women. there are certain things you don't do when you are in a relationship. if you want to be single, then do so.CHEATING IS CHEATING no matter how minor you think myspace is. evidently you are not happy with whom you are involved in a relationship with if you have to meet someone over the internet.

February 27, 2008, 8:50 am CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

Wow! In the first segment, Keith and Tameka were laughing about all his little escapades as if it was all just so 'cute'..('isn't he just a bad little boy' type of thing.) Do they think it's all a joke? 

Then he makes the really intelligent statement 'Well, I would have cheated on you even if I didn't have the MySpace page.' Uhh...hello?

If you have to police your partner's activities, and play super detective to try to stay one step ahead of him and find out what he's up to...well, that pretty much tells you that your relationship is in deep trouble! Who needs that kind of stress? Your partner is supposed to be a refuge from stress; not a source of it. You shouldn't be crying and anxious all the time because of a relationship. This world is tough enough all on its own.

Tameka has not only the right, but an obligation  to herself to protect not only her heart, but her body and her life from any diseases this dishonest piece-of-crap will eventually bring home to her.

Like Dr. Phil says: 'The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last