Message Boards

Topic : 02/27 Internet Cheats

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 22, 2008, 12:13:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil talks with an engaged couple who can’t agree on what is appropriate online behavior. Tameka wants her fiancé, Keith, to shut down his three MySpace profiles that she says he uses to flirt with other women. She says he’s addicted to the social networking site and has already cheated on her twice with women he’s met online. Keith says he uses his profiles to promote his business as an entertainer, and flirting is just part of the job. He says getting rid of his profiles would be like cutting off his arm! What happens when Tameka creates her own provocative profile? Will it give Keith a taste of his own medicine? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with this couple one month later. Tameka says she’s still suspicious of Keith’s fidelity. Keith says he’s willing to do anything to prove that he is being faithful, but will he take Dr. Phil up on his offer to take a lie detector test? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 27, 2008, 9:09 am CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

Quote From: sheila1

Dr. Phil  this couple needs so much counseling  if they are will to make this work.

It was his my-space and it was for him only until he lied and cheated on his wife.  Now if he truly wants his marriage to work I hope he will understand that the trust is gone.  Once you loose something so precious it is so hard to get back.

If he now wants a my-space account and a marriage he will have to let his precious wife in on it too.  She deserves that.  After all his wife has been through she deserves the right to see that website and any others that he is hiding from her.

It's going to take a long time to earn back that trust he lost so he will have to be patient with her until she feels safe again.

Thank you,
Sheila North Carolina

This couple is not married...and if Tameka has any kind of self-respect and intelligence, she will NOT marry him!

Why should she struggle so hard to "make this relationship work"? It's obviously one-sided. There are way, way too many GOOD men out there who are worthy of trust..why should she tie herself up with this lying dog? I never understood the mentality of too many women who waste their time and lives for YEARS on men who do not deserve that....and they pass up the opportunities to meet those good men because they are focused on MAKING a hopeless relationship "work". If you have to force it..it isn't worth it.

He either loves and respects you from the start, and treats you with the dignity you deserve, or he doesn't....and we all DO have that little inner voice that tells us the truth. Too many ignore it, at their own peril. 

You cannot change someone's basic morals and character, no matter how much you want to!

Time on this earth is too short and too precious to waste it on worthless people!

Move on!

WWW.NONONSENSEGRAMMYTREE.BLOGSPOT.COM/   Articles: "Before You Say I Do" and "But, I love Him". 

February 27, 2008, 9:19 am CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

internet flirting and intimacy are the same to me as in person.  the person does that for their own pleasure...dump them.  run, don't walk away.   I'd like to see my hubby even try to explain it if I caught him. that would be while he was being shoved out the door..................................

February 27, 2008, 9:36 am CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

Quote From: rpblaze1

My husband and I both have separate MySpace accounts because we are into different things. However, we are both listed at the top of the favorites list of each site. In other words, I can look at his MySpace and he can look at mine.

If you were to look at his MySpace page, you would think he's a young single guy. But and here's the huge but, if you click on the first friend, that is a link to my page and you would see all the things he sends to my page.

Personally I don't mind, but I would if he wasn't honest with me.

Sorry if I ramble a little. I'm not feeling well, and I don't think I made any sense.

You made perfect sense. 

You have seperate myspace pages =ing you both have the ability to allow each other space to be who you are in the area's your different

And yet

you're married & sharing your lives which is the equivalant & why you 2 don't only not mind sharing your myspace pages with each other but probably enjoy doing so.

you said "If you were to look at his MySpace page, you would think he's a young single guy. But and here's the huge but, if you click on the first friend, that is a link to my page and you would see all the things he sends to my page."

just because he married you doesn't mean he doesn't want to continue to "date you" in the old days it was called "courting" & so sending comments to your page is him not needing to flirt with other women because he has you!   What a HUGE complement from your guy & yes you should encourage it.  He loves you & is proud to show it & continue to flirt.

Those are all the era marks of a real good marriage. 

February 27, 2008, 11:52 am CST

I wouldn't have him

It   has been a proven fact to me that all men who cheat on the internet will keep on doing it and they will cheat in person. I have had this to happen to me. I would get rid of him and find someone you can trust.  

February 27, 2008, 12:31 pm CST

Internet Cheat Keith

Girl, you need to wake up and smell the coffee...he is dishonest...come on, he tried to justify EVERYTHING he's done with no remorse or qualms.  If he's denying you now, what about the future?  You can do better than to get married to this dude.  He does not respect you.  He AIN"T GONNA CHANGE; don't let his sorry #ss continue a relationship with you.  You deserve better than that.  Don't even bother to work it out; life's too short to distrust somebody and to keep second guessing somebody else; you need to go on about your business.  All that foolishness about it (the My Space stuff) being  about his "business"-two words...YEAH RIGHT.  Let the door hit him on the way out.  And no, I'm not a bitter woman is a crappy relationship; I'm in a respectful, loving,c aring relationship; have been married for 11 years (I'm 42 YO) BUT I USED to date punks like him before I woke up and smelled the coffee.  "I" had to decide that they weren't good or right for me.  You should do the same.
Like Dr. Phil says Are you kidding me?"

February 27, 2008, 12:45 pm CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

Quote From: cndrlla

This couple is not married...and if Tameka has any kind of self-respect and intelligence, she will NOT marry him!

Why should she struggle so hard to "make this relationship work"? It's obviously one-sided. There are way, way too many GOOD men out there who are worthy of trust..why should she tie herself up with this lying dog? I never understood the mentality of too many women who waste their time and lives for YEARS on men who do not deserve that....and they pass up the opportunities to meet those good men because they are focused on MAKING a hopeless relationship "work". If you have to force it..it isn't worth it.

He either loves and respects you from the start, and treats you with the dignity you deserve, or he doesn't....and we all DO have that little inner voice that tells us the truth. Too many ignore it, at their own peril. 

You cannot change someone's basic morals and character, no matter how much you want to!

Time on this earth is too short and too precious to waste it on worthless people!

Move on!

WWW.NONONSENSEGRAMMYTREE.BLOGSPOT.COM/   Articles: "Before You Say I Do" and "But, I love Him". 

I whole heartedly agree with you...she needs to read these and then run away from him..if she has to ask how she can trust him, well....

February 27, 2008, 12:59 pm CST

OMG WHAT A LIAR

Unbelievable, what a liar, i knew he wasnt going to take the polygraph, just by the looks on his face, was married to one 12 years ago, know all about it.....AND I GOT RIDE OF MINE!!!! AND THAT S WHAT TAMIKA NEEDS TO DO.

He will not change as Dr. Phil said he thrives on the attention he gets on My Space and past behavior will show again in future behaviotr

Tamika get rid of him..... i could tell byyour face u didnt seem sure if that's what u want to do...its your life not his life...u cant marry him he's not trust worthy and just the way he turns things around to make u look  like tye guilty party should tell u something.......he dont love u....ur just a rest stop for him....

February 27, 2008, 1:07 pm CST

LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is wrong with people or I should say woman today!!!  Are they ALL color blind???  Don't they see the red flags?? RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!  We know what we should do and we never follow that instinct. Ofcourse he's going to do it again. He keeps doing because HE CAN!!!  Your ALLOWING IT!!!  Why don't people get that????  It's like Dr Phil said>> We show people how to treat us. Get up and move on!!!  Do you really think he's the only guy out there? It's just another case of someone not feeling very good about themselves. If you can't think enough of yourself to not to be treated this way, it's only going to keep happening. Your the one in control. Your the only one who can stop it. And the way you do that is to LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!   Theres other men out there. But remember, in most cases woman leave a bad situation only to find themselves in another. Learn from this situation before you get into another one. LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!   If you don't, no one else will!!!!  Good luck. PLEASE LEAVE HIM!!!  TRUST ME>>>>>HE WON'T CHANGE. No matter how much you want him to

GOOD LUCK

DIAMONDHEAD

February 27, 2008, 1:20 pm CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

Tameka, I say, don't waste any more of your precious time on Keith. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. I notice he subscribes to the old double standard, it's o.k. for him to have 3 MySpace pages but not o.k. for you to have one. Eventually, it will be o.k. with him for him to have other women but not o.k. for you to have other men. Of course, you don't really want it to get that far, do you? I don't know how you will ever know if he is telling you the truth, because it is difficult for him to treat you right. It should not be difficult for him to treat you right, it should come naturally if he loves you and wants a relationship with you. It is your decision to make, but I can't believe you would continue to let him treat you badly even one more day.

February 27, 2008, 1:29 pm CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

Quote From: big_ken

I felt Keith could have been honest with the fact that he was in a relationship on his myspace. I have a myspace and everything else out there and I am honest with my relationship status. You are still gonna get those women that will still flirt with you and stay dirty things to see what they can do. You just have to have control of self in order not to cheat.

As far as Tameka, Keith was right about a comment he made. She was using Myspace as the focal part of the problem. I think the problem was deeper than MySpace. He would have cheated myspace or no myspace. You can't blame a website for your mate cheating. Its in him to do it no website, chat or web community will make you cheat.

Tameka didn't understand that her page was different than what Keith was doing. She was putting herself out there to flirt. Keith just let the flirting on his page get him in trouble, but her page draws the wrong attention and isn't a way to get back at someone.

I hope Tameka doen't come out this situation thinking that someone that is on a chat or web site has to let it go in order to be in a relationship with her. Its not about the site its about the man that a woman is dealing with that is the major concern.
I agree with you somewhat. The biggest problem in thier relationship is the LYING, LYING, LYING. But it is also the fact that he has no respect for her and doesn't really love her or he wouldn't treat her this way. I agree, the MySpace page doesn't have to exist for him to cheat and disrespect her. But, let's face it, that's what HE is using it for to a great extent. I think her MySpace could have shown him what it is like to be in her shoes. He obviously didn't get that out of it. Did he? All he could do was justify his bad behavior. And demand that she get rid of HER MySpace. Have you heard of the double standard? It is alive and well, isn't it?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last