Message Boards

Topic : 02/27 Internet Cheats

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 22, 2008, 12:13:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil talks with an engaged couple who can’t agree on what is appropriate online behavior. Tameka wants her fiancé, Keith, to shut down his three MySpace profiles that she says he uses to flirt with other women. She says he’s addicted to the social networking site and has already cheated on her twice with women he’s met online. Keith says he uses his profiles to promote his business as an entertainer, and flirting is just part of the job. He says getting rid of his profiles would be like cutting off his arm! What happens when Tameka creates her own provocative profile? Will it give Keith a taste of his own medicine? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with this couple one month later. Tameka says she’s still suspicious of Keith’s fidelity. Keith says he’s willing to do anything to prove that he is being faithful, but will he take Dr. Phil up on his offer to take a lie detector test? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 27, 2008, 1:35 pm CST

Why enter into a marriage with a liar

If he had lied once and made up for it that would be another thing but this man is a chronic liar and a chronic cheater who thinks that by justifying himself it makes everything OK. He seems to think being an "entertainer" is a license to cheat. 

He says “I am willing to prove that I am not cheating on Tameka, so we can get back to loving and trusting each other,” That tells me that he thinks he can do this over and over, confess and then she should immediately begin trusting him again because he came clean. Once a person, of either sex, cheats it takes a long time for them to prove themselves trustworthy. I listen to this guy and I have to wonder why he's doing this. I doubt he has any intention of making this relationship work. He probably just wants the exposure he is getting. 

I don't get it, why would she even consider marrying him? NO ONE is blind enough to think this man is good relationship material.

February 27, 2008, 1:40 pm CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

Quote From: rpblaze1

My husband and I both have separate MySpace accounts because we are into different things. However, we are both listed at the top of the favorites list of each site. In other words, I can look at his MySpace and he can look at mine.

If you were to look at his MySpace page, you would think he's a young single guy. But and here's the huge but, if you click on the first friend, that is a link to my page and you would see all the things he sends to my page.

Personally I don't mind, but I would if he wasn't honest with me.

Sorry if I ramble a little. I'm not feeling well, and I don't think I made any sense.

I respect your post. But, I have been married for almost 34 years and under no circumstances would I understand if my husband were to indicate that his marital status is SINGLE. I'm just sayin...... If he ever says to me "I am indicating that I am single on MySpace", I will remind him that he is not single and advise him that it would not be a very good idea for him to do that because I would not be comfortable with it. Honesty is a very important thing in a marriage,but so is respect.

February 27, 2008, 1:41 pm CST

02/27 Internet Cheats

In my opinion this guy is very arrogant and if she want to be happy she better RUN. 

February 27, 2008, 1:50 pm CST

i think

they both need to get rid of their  pages, and talk about eirther moving on , or marrige and right now i do not think marriege is a good thing .  he is not ready and he told her . she is a very pretty girl  she needs to move on . !!!!!

February 27, 2008, 1:52 pm CST

DEJA VU

This story is so similar to mine. OMG. LOL.

My ex-live-in-boyfriend told me his my space was for networking and ended up crossing paths with his high school crush.  He claimed it was harmless and our relationship seemed far from troubled.  Long story short...I moved out in May...He married her in July...and our daughter was born in December. 

Tamika, his my space obviously isn't being used just for networking and the red flags are up and flying.  You don't deserve any of that. Leave him for good.  You will look back later and love yourself for it.

February 27, 2008, 1:54 pm CST

i say move on .

i dont think either 1 of them need to be w/each other . hes not willing to help  w/getting with her , and she is a pretty girl she can find someone else! that wont do that to her....

February 27, 2008, 1:55 pm CST

DEJA VU

My ex-live-in-boyfriend told me his my space was for networking and ended up crossing paths with his high school crush.  He claimed it was harmless and our relationship seemed far from troubled.  Long story short...I moved out in May...He married her in July...and our daughter was born in December. 

Tamika, his my space obviously isn't being used just for networking and the red flags are up and flying.  You don't deserve any of that. Leave him for good.  You will look back later and love yourself for it.

February 27, 2008, 1:56 pm CST

Tameka and Keith...

It's my hypothesis that Tameka enjoys the control over Keith in the "snooping".  She seems to be caught up in the game of "finding out".   That can be addictive, which is why it's so hard to let him go.  Then she could waste half her life chasing this guy around, but she's not being fair to herself.  My vote is to "dump the chump".

Keith is no angel- if you want to juggle girlfriends , don't have a fiancee.  Definitely don't get married.  Cheating may be his way of saying "I'm not ready to get married".  In that case, how long does he plan to be a player, until he's the cliche "dirty old man"? 

February 27, 2008, 1:56 pm CST

DEJA VU

February 27, 2008, 2:00 pm CST

I agree

Quote From: housewife52

I respect your post. But, I have been married for almost 34 years and under no circumstances would I understand if my husband were to indicate that his marital status is SINGLE. I'm just sayin...... If he ever says to me "I am indicating that I am single on MySpace", I will remind him that he is not single and advise him that it would not be a very good idea for him to do that because I would not be comfortable with it. Honesty is a very important thing in a marriage,but so is respect.

I agree.  My ex's reason for putting single on his my space was that he "didn't have a chance to change it".  Again, he ended up marrying his my space cheat.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last