Message Boards

Topic : 02/27 Internet Cheats

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 22, 2008, 12:13:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil talks with an engaged couple who can’t agree on what is appropriate online behavior. Tameka wants her fiancé, Keith, to shut down his three MySpace profiles that she says he uses to flirt with other women. She says he’s addicted to the social networking site and has already cheated on her twice with women he’s met online. Keith says he uses his profiles to promote his business as an entertainer, and flirting is just part of the job. He says getting rid of his profiles would be like cutting off his arm! What happens when Tameka creates her own provocative profile? Will it give Keith a taste of his own medicine? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with this couple one month later. Tameka says she’s still suspicious of Keith’s fidelity. Keith says he’s willing to do anything to prove that he is being faithful, but will he take Dr. Phil up on his offer to take a lie detector test? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 4, 2008, 7:32 pm CST

KICK KEITH TO THE CURB NOW!

I hope she kicks him to the curb.  She doesn't need him.  Keith kept blaming her for snooping.  If you make someone feel unwanted - they will snoop.  I feel this young man whom want to get into the entertainment field have the wrong image.  They feel they have build a negative image to make & I think that is wrong.  If that want you have to do - then I think you should think twice about that business.  GIRL RUN NOW from him & do not look back.

Since, I am from Philly - I will keep my eyes out him in the mall & I will Dr. Phil know if I see him in the mall with another woman.  So, Keith, if you are still with her - now all Philly is watching you.  Time to Grow-Up act like a real man.

March 5, 2008, 6:55 am CST

Internet Addiction

While viewing the show "internet cheats" I couldn't help but notice the parallels between the engaged couple and my life.  I've been married for 16 yrs have 3 young children, a nice home and, I thought, a loving, faithful husband.  He's always spent time on the computer, I never thought twice about it.  Never thought he would cheat on me, no less "virtually."  I trusted him.  Everyone loves my husband, he's outgoing, personable, witty, smart, nice looking, etc.....He became obsessed w/the internet.  At first it was adult sites, then he expanded to 'chat' rooms, then, apparently personals and dating sites.  We've had problems in our marriage and he has had issues w/depression, anxiety, and anger.  He has made it clear that he hasn't been happy the last few years and I need to change.  I've tried, I thought to make things work.  I do everything around the house, take care of the kids, car pool, shop, dinner, laundry, yard work, etc...so when he comes home from work and his long commute he can relax a bit.  I am no slouch either.  I exercise, take care of myself and am quite attractive, but he's looking for something more.....Looking back I realized I just made it easier for him to cheat on the computer.  He started chatting w/someone he met online through a dating service (I've found several profiles of his), they were having internet sex  (via IM mssgs), she was sending photos of herself and video via her webcam.  He would be up late at night (he was always a nightbird, whereas if I make it to 9:30, its a miracle) on the PC talking w/her.  Eventually it led to a "real" meeting, where they took it to the next level.  At first she thought he was divorced, I don't know how she could be so naive, for the most part he was always home, but I contacted her (via email) and told her he was indeed married w/children.  You'd think she would back off, but instead she told me she loved him and would only leave if that was what he wanted.  I was, and still am, devestated.  I told my husband I would work through this w/him, but he had to break off the relationship.  He told me he'd take care of it.  Well, two months later, lots of arguments, crying and yelling, she is still in the picture.  He doesn't know what he wants from life.  Can you imagine?? How does someone wake up after 16 yrs of marriage, 3 kids, etc...and decide this isn't what they wanted?!?!?!  I am trying to be patient, I am trying to learn to trust him and I am trying not to hate him.  Yet he hasn't given me anything to hope for.  He gets testy when I question where he is during work hours, he has another "work" phone that he keeps hidden and he is still on the computer and still has dating profiles out there.  I know, I am an idiot, but I do love this man and leaving him would destroy my kids and turn our lives upside down.  I gave up my job a few years ago to stay-at-home, so I am not financial independent.  That is a huge concern of mine.  Yet I cannot stand to lay next to him and night and listen to him sleep so peacefully while my mind is in turmoil.  He has said he never meant to hurt me, but has never said he was sorry.  I get the impression that he is avoiding me lately.  He stays at work very late, goes to our kids sporting events on the weekends, even ones they are not in.  I feel as if I'm the one being punished even though I haven't done anything.  I keep trying to talk to him about it, but he does want to.  I've told him he needs to make a decision, to stay  or leave.  His reply is he doesn't know what he wants. In reality I think he is just a coward and doesn't want to make the move and look like the bad guy to the kids and our family by leaving.  He says he loves me, but is not IN love w/me.  What is that?!?!  I always thought marriage was a roller coaster ride, ups and downs, and I always thought I'd be married til 'death do us part'......I'm in my mid-40's and the thought of starting over or being alone w/my kids is very scary.   Everytime my husband sits down at the PC I cringe.  He spends hours upon hours on it during the weekends and he always has an excuse - the kids sport teams, stats or taxes that he does.  I know its theres more than that going on, he practically keeps the cabinet closed around him while he's on.  Even my kids pick up on the fact that he's always on the computer.  I see windows being hidden as I walk by, pictures being closed, etc...and he gets angry if you're near him while he's "working"....I know, everyone that is reading this probably thinks I the loser for putting up w/it, but when you are the one in the middle of a situation it is very difficult to make a decisive move, especially when the consequences will not be good.  I feel like someone has died - him, the person I use to know and I am going through the grieving process.  First it was disbelief, then I was consumed w/sadness, now I'm trying to fix it and hopefully I will eventually get mad.  Our marriage, which ever way this story ends, will never be the same again.  But I am not yet giving up hope that we can get through this, if he'd only let us.  Thanks for letting me vent, maybe this will open the eyes of someone else out there.

March 5, 2008, 8:45 pm CST

Internet cheating husband

I am in the process of divorcing my internet and international cheating husband.  I found out my husband and his friends were cheating on their man trips to St. Maartin, Aruba and the Dominican Republic with prostitutes.  I then found out my husband best friend was posting their exploits on a website called "worldsex.com".    The worldsex website is an international site that men from all over the world post their exploits with prostitues.  Eventhough, I have all my husbands friend worldsex posting, along with pictures of them with the women and pictures of these women in my timeshare in St. Maarten he still lies.  Unlike your guest, once I had all my information I had my husband served with divorce papers.  Dr. Phils statement that " You show people how to treat you" is correct.  I chose to show my husband I would not take him cheating and that I deserved better.  We were married for eleven years and together for fourteen years.  Now that we are apart I am able to see who he really is as a person.

March 6, 2008, 7:14 pm CST

Solution for Online Gaming with Xbox 360!

I play online games all the time with my friends in Australia and have a great time doing so but the game i play Tibia which is based in Germany has the option to block players from messaging you. Why can't microsoft incorporate a blocking option to block the players who are abusing the text option and breaking federal laws by threating other people and their families. It's saved me alot of trouble to hear their insults and what not and they should employ more players to work for microsoft to work on this problem as in "GameMasters" who log in and can monitor all the messages etc to punish the players who are breaking the law or abusing someone.

On the same show i seen of the girl who commited suicide she could've blocked that other myspace contact instead of listening to their taunts etc and getting beyond the point of depression.

I say if you don't want to listen to someone make insults etc just block them! and don't listen to a word they say it's that easy!

March 27, 2008, 6:28 pm CDT

It's Driving Me NUTS

My boyfriend whom I have been with for over 8 years (yes we are planning on getting married) keeps flirting with his old female friends online. One time there were graphic messages back & forth between him and one of these friends on my birthday about how she was going to pleasure herself thinking about him while he was sitting in church with me! Of course I had a fit and trying to be understanding confronted her and politely told her that if she was going to continue to be friends with my guy that I need her to respect the boundaries of our relationship and that the conversations I saw were well out of those boundaries. She got mad an threatened to engage in a physical altercation with me. He has since cooled off this relationship with her but now there is a new one he is in contact with. These messages haven't been as graphic as the others but there are still sexual innuendos being thrown around and now the message history has been completely erased again (I specifically told him after our last confrontation that this history needs to remain intact from now since he lied again)

There have been other times in the past where I caught him on internet dating sites and posting pictures of his member on the internet. I am certain he has NOT engaged in anything physical real time. However, the constant flirting makes me feel insecure in our relationship when all I want to do is grow deeper in it. I have tried everything short of doing the same thing back to him to see how he likes it since I think that could lead to the destruction of the relationship and I am not a fan of 2 wrongs making a right. I have tried yelling, crying, and speaking honestly with him about how terrible it makes me feel about out relationship. His contention is that I should just blindly trust him and that he is just kidding around (he puts "J/K" after most of these messages).  I keep telling him that there should be nothing he says to these women that he doesn't want me to see and that if it is all on the up and up there should be no reason to lie and cover things up.

Anyone have some advice? I love him and want this to work but don't know if I can keep up this "stutter - step" with my heart. BTW, he is also fed up with me not trusting him so I am scared that he will leave me if I broach the subject again. PLEASE HELP!

First | Prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next Page | Last Page