Message Boards

Topic : 02/28 Still Chasing the Crown

Number of Replies: 130
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 22, 2008, 12:14:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Little girls often dream of becoming Miss America, but sometimes these dreams don't end when they become adults. Dr. Phil's guests are mothers and wives who have an insatiable taste for the tiara. Angela has competed in five pageants and doesn't want to stop until she wins the big one. Her husband is sick and tired of the biz and says his wife is so obsessed with it, she wouldn't even let signs of a heart attack stop her from taking the stage! Angela says she only competes to support her charity, but her husband is not convinced. Then, Karen is a mother and wife who admits she is obsessed with winning and has competed in over 20 pageants. She's even skipped making two mortgage payments so she would have money for a pageant gown. And, Christi appeared on Dr. Phil a few years ago and was determined to become famous as an actress. She has now turned her acting dream into pageant pursuits. Christi is eight months pregnant with her seventh child, and her husband wants to know if he's being selfish by asking her to hang up her pageant heels to focus on the family. Plus, other queens get a chance to ask Dr. Phil their questions. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 23, 2008, 7:17 am CST

Grow Up

It is time to grow up and accept your family responsibilities you are too old to attract other men. 

Look after your children; they are your number one responsibility.  You are teaching them to become self admiring like yourself .

Live like a normal person and do not dwell so much on yourself.  It is hurting your children not to mention your husband.

To the Husband:
If my wife was so inconsiderate of the family, I would restrict her access to family funds.

Anders Roald Anderson

February 23, 2008, 8:53 am CST

02/28 Still Chasing the Crown

Quote From: anders1ca

It is time to grow up and accept your family responsibilities you are too old to attract other men. 

Look after your children; they are your number one responsibility.  You are teaching them to become self admiring like yourself .

Live like a normal person and do not dwell so much on yourself.  It is hurting your children not to mention your husband.

To the Husband:
If my wife was so inconsiderate of the family, I would restrict her access to family funds.

Anders Roald Anderson
All three of these wives are beyond ridiculous. And, their husbands are patsies for putting up with it. Especially Karen's. She's already skipped two mortgage payments, to buy a frickin' dress! If anyone ought to take over the finances, it's him.

February 23, 2008, 10:35 am CST

I wonder

I wonder why grown women feel the need to keep competing in these types of contests.  Is it that there is a constant need to be told that they are the prettiest, or a need to be in the spotlight, or some other reason?  Myabe some of these gals can shed some light on this.

February 23, 2008, 11:06 am CST

The Crown Gets in the Way

Quote From: anders1ca

To the Husband:

Anders Roald Anderson

I guess the crown gets in the way of this family. This woman wants something that maybe she never could have in her childhood, so it makes her feel good to have a crown with sparkles and diamonds on it. She does need to be more responsible in her life with her family. They do have Mrs America, but she sounds very obsessed with this crown.

If she ever got sick believe me, she would not be on stage prancing around in her outfits. A heart attack is a serious thing and believe me, the people who run the pagents would not allow her to be on stage. Her DR would not allow her to do such a thing by being in these pagents.

I believe she wants attention in some sort of way and she feels she can get it by doing this. I wish they did not have these pagents because it causes a lot of pain to the families. I am sure when little girls do go to pagents, it is the mother who wants it for the child not the child wanting it.

Take care of your family and yourself. That is the most important

February 23, 2008, 11:08 am CST

Doctor Phil Show

Chasting Crown Doctor Phil The. Where did I see this before? Maybe last year or this year. I donot know----

at all. See you on Thursday Feburary 28th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------------------------

February 23, 2008, 6:46 pm CST

Expense....

Aren't these pagaents really expensive?  I'd be worried about taking food out of my childen's mouth or foreclosing on the house from so much debt.  And then you spend the time you would have had with your children on a pagaent.

I think there comes a point where you outgrow them.  They're fine when you're in your late teens and 20's, but when you start a career and a family, you get too old for that high school prom queen stuff.  It's a waste of my precious time, IMO, to parade around for approval I may or may not get.  I'm all for self-preservation, taking care of and pride in yourself, but I don't make it a full time hobby.

February 24, 2008, 8:02 am CST

Quote From: enjoyurday

I guess the crown gets in the way of this family. This woman wants something that maybe she never could have in her childhood, so it makes her feel good to have a crown with sparkles and diamonds on it. She does need to be more responsible in her life with her family. They do have Mrs America, but she sounds very obsessed with this crown.

If she ever got sick believe me, she would not be on stage prancing around in her outfits. A heart attack is a serious thing and believe me, the people who run the pagents would not allow her to be on stage. Her DR would not allow her to do such a thing by being in these pagents.

I believe she wants attention in some sort of way and she feels she can get it by doing this. I wish they did not have these pagents because it causes a lot of pain to the families. I am sure when little girls do go to pagents, it is the mother who wants it for the child not the child wanting it.

Take care of your family and yourself. That is the most important

I would agree that being obsessed with beauty contests at this stage of their lives,  these ladies are craving some kind of approval that they feel is lacking.  If this is the case, then no amount of crowns will be enough.  I have heard contestants liken these pageants to sports competitions on previous shows done on this topic.  I've got to admit that I can't see that connection at all, as there is no athleticsm required, only what Mother Nature and Mother Makeup have given them.

February 24, 2008, 3:41 pm CST

I personally don't understand the idea of chasing the crown. It's just never been something that has interested me, for myself or my daughter or my son for that matter. Not that there's anything wrong with it if you have the money and the time. But these ladies on this show may not be good representatives of "chasing the crown". One went on stage ignoring the signs of a heart attack? One skipped 2 house payments to buy a gown? I remember Christi being on the show previously ,trying to persue an acting career. She is an absolutely drop dead gorgeous woman. But, she has 6 kids and one on the way. I have to wonder how she would be able to find the time, and/or energy to compete in pageants? 

February 25, 2008, 3:12 pm CST

Not one of you posters above me has even seen the show. You are basing your entire opinion of these three women on a single paragraph written by people whose sole job it is to get you to watch the show. Think about that.

Why did they not get Mrs. America to appear? Or even a state titleholder? Any of the hundreds of women that compete and have supportive husbands (or have husbands that are also involved in judging, etc. themselves). How about Mrs. United States: a beautiful, accomplished woman and advocate for children with rare disorders? I'll tell you why...because these women would have put the world of Mrs. pageants in a positive light and that just doesn't make for good TV.

February 25, 2008, 5:21 pm CST

Quote From: momof4nhawaii

Not one of you posters above me has even seen the show. You are basing your entire opinion of these three women on a single paragraph written by people whose sole job it is to get you to watch the show. Think about that.

Why did they not get Mrs. America to appear? Or even a state titleholder? Any of the hundreds of women that compete and have supportive husbands (or have husbands that are also involved in judging, etc. themselves). How about Mrs. United States: a beautiful, accomplished woman and advocate for children with rare disorders? I'll tell you why...because these women would have put the world of Mrs. pageants in a positive light and that just doesn't make for good TV.

Actually, I DID say that these ladies may not be good representatives of "chasing the crown". But,this show will feature the less glamorous side of the pageants. It represents the women who probably should not be "chasing the crown", because it may be causing problems for thier families. There may be a lot out there who may see themselves in THIS particular show and decide to make a change in thier lives.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last