Message Boards

Topic : 03/04 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 3

Number of Replies: 53
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 29, 2008, 01:16:27 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Four engaged couples have been living in The Dr. Phil House to determine whether or not to marry. The last day approaches as the couples are put to one more test. Dr. Phil gives one person from each pair a "bump in the road" to see how their partner responds to an unfortunate turn of events. Donning a pregnancy suit, Lacey surprises Kalin with the news that she’s pregnant with someone else’s child. Steve is made to look older and obese. Lisa loses her good looks as she’s made to look like she’s living on the streets. And, Tim is in a wheelchair and tells Lilly he won’t be able to take care of her like he used to. Don’t miss the surprising – and not so surprising – reactions. Then, in a final meeting, the couples learn what Dr. Phil thinks are their biggest challenges as partners. Find out who has the hardest time with Dr. Phil’s relationship diagnosis and leaves the room in tears. Finally, Dr. Phil reveals some amazing prizes for the winners of the teamwork challenge. As some rejoice, others don’t handle the disappointment well. Plus, Dr. Phil gives an update on his guests since they’ve left The House. Are they all still headed for the altar? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 4, 2008, 2:20 pm CST

The cheating?

Why didn't Dr. Phil address the cheating, either when it happened or when the prizes were given out? I am really confused about that. I think those couples got a bad message by letting the cheating go.

March 4, 2008, 4:32 pm CST

Princess Stephanie

Princess Stephanie has many problems. when the other couples came back from winning the suvs the first guesting on here annoying voice was money. money money money. let me tell you princess get a job. you should have never went on this show nothing can help you. it appears you have an IQ of a monkey when a banana is put in your face your greedy eyes light up. Steve, she is trash leave her get your bank numbers back from her and run. Princess your a joke.

March 4, 2008, 4:33 pm CST

Princess Stephanie

Princess Stephanie has many problems. when the other couples came back from winning the suvs the first questing on here annoying voice was money. money money money. let me tell you princess get a job. you should have never went on this show nothing can help you. it appears you have an IQ of a monkey when a banana is put in your face your greedy eyes light up. Steve, she is trash leave her get your bank numbers back from her and run. Princess your a joke.

March 4, 2008, 4:37 pm CST

What is up with the false?

Watching this today--I really don't know what the great message is through 'false' issues.  These couples have enough 'real' problems that are needing to be addressed directly. 
Putting someone in a pregant suit doesn't make it a real issue, the people are aware that it is not true, so of course they can say "whatever" they may have issues with it but nothing major because it is not real.  Putting someone in a fat suit, doesn't make them fat, so that is another false problem.  If they were to change like that the likelihood of the person staying is slim to none. 
Putting someone in a wheelchair and calling them handicapped doesn't make it so.  There is a lot of work that is involved with caring for someone who losses the ability of the legs.  So much that unless the person has to spend all of their time caring for the person they cannot say what it is that they would do if that were to happen.
None of these are 'real' issues, and no one can take this seriously...that is why people were smiling when it happened.  As if to say 'oh yeah this should be interesting'. 
In the real world, if you ask someone 'what would you do if  __whatever__  happens to you, would you stay?'Of course they are going to say 'Of course I would, I love you'.  That doesn't mean that is the truth that they would.  People say whatever is right at that minute.  I am not saying that is the case for all people what I am saying is that bringing in 'false' issues does not resolve the 'real' problems.  I think it is offensive to use that type of therapy, people in the regular community don't need these type of methods they need things that they can use in their regular lives. 

March 4, 2008, 4:42 pm CST

Sound like

Quote From: flthomcat

Have to admit I turned off these shows very quickly.

As far as I am concerned, if ANY COUPLE has lots of problems dating, they should simply BREAK UP. If there are children invovled, that's a different story (they should work on their relationship tooth and nail).

Marriage is 1000x harder than dating. Dating couples should be having the times of their lives. IF they are not, they should find someone else to be with (or go it alone until they GROW UP).

I have been married HAPPILY for 18 years. We have 2 children age 7 and 13. We are the best of friends and lovers. Never a mean word. We spend our free time together. We have great relatives and parents. We attend church together on Sundays and all take active roles in the church. We volunteer. Life is GREAT.

AND WE HAD THE BEST YEAR OF DATING!!! We were committed to eachother then as we are now!

Life is too short to live in chaos. If you can't get along when you're dating, you'll end up in divorce court. Why waste your time now. Work on growing up before messing up your life, some other adults and the lives of innocent children!

Sorry to say I don't buy it, the white picket fence in a perfect relationship with no stress or tention not believable.  Even Bill Gates has problems...not buying it in the least.

March 4, 2008, 5:00 pm CST

Princess Stephanie

I bet princess moved back to her trailer home with her cheap look. now your cats can worship you as a princess. get real girl you can see it in Steve's eyes hes done with you. Steve your a good man i have money and my wife does not go crazy with it. if your not careful she will get you in money trouble Ive seen it happen to good people. get in your vet take a long drive and forget about her she is trash.

March 4, 2008, 6:07 pm CST

03/04 The Dr. Phil House: Rules of Engagement, Part 3

Quote From: flthomcat

If s/he did it TWICE, who's the common denominator? (as Dr. Phil would say).  It take 2 to tango. Both people are responsible for making a relationship work.

Marriages are supposed to last a lifetime. They are supposed to be committments before God, if people are Christian. And it seems SO many people want big church weddings these days:)

Too bad most of us humans spend more time working on our careers and planning our social lifes than we do working on our human relationships. I'm not directing this to you or the poster; I'm making a general statement. With our country's high divorce rate, you KNOW there's a sad problem...

It's just that my sister ended up with a winner the 3rd time.

March 4, 2008, 6:19 pm CST

Princess Stephanie

Quote From: ramair

I think Stephanie made some remarkable progress toward the end of today's show. That "princess" mentality she brought with her is a developmental phase most children go through when they enter toddlerhood. And, normaly grown out of. Stephanie just grew out of it much later in life, with Dr Phil's help. Now, it's Steve who needs to grow up! Accusing the team who won the tire-change challenge of cheating was bad enough. But, sulking about their prize was so over-the-top childish that had I been there, Dr Phil would've had to physically restrain me from sticking a pacifier in Steve's mouth. He knew that team would be getting a prize. And, for a tire-changing challenge, car's are logical prizes. And, they weren't even that expensive. KIA SUV's are about the lowest priced on the market. One would think, the way that steve threw himself on his bed, that the other team had won pimped out Beamer or Lexus SUV's. I'm surprised he didn't suck his thumb. Grow up, Steve!
Princess Stephanie has made no progress she is just putting on a act. she changed in the show cause she wants to win the prizes.she is trash. i bet she just wanted to get on tv to possibly get notice well guess what your 15min are up.

March 4, 2008, 6:29 pm CST

Steve, an angry loser

I watched Dr. Phil's House today, partly because of curiousity and partly because my spouse was interested in this topic.  I found Steve's attitude, rather immature, emotionally immature because the other two couples had won cars and spa treatment.  He says he gets very competitive and angry and couldn't tell a producer why.  I wanted to tell him to grow up!  At least the 'Princess' had the maturity to appreciate having been a part of Dr. Phil's house and what she'd learned while being there.

March 4, 2008, 8:35 pm CST

Couples

Well i have to ask first, why didn't the younger couple get a prize? the snotty girl did? why???? i thought they should of done something special for them, since they were expecting a baby and probably could of used a car more than any of the others. or even baby needs, something. but i have DVR and i rewinded it and i still didnt see where they received ANYTHING!!!

For some reason I too liked Kaylin and was it Lisa?? I do think people can change and grow up, sometimes people do not see who they are, or the other person lets them act that way and so they do it weather it is right or wrong. i dont know that he will change. i watched his personality after winning the car and stil he was mellow. so its not that he didnt care during the talking with Dr. Phil sessions. Who knows, hopefully he will grow up!!! TODAY!!! he is not a young young man anymore what is he 30?

the other couple needs to break up. The one with the woman that cuts him down every time she speaks. that is not right. if you are already like that, break up now. go be happy. if you have waited this long, dont settle for something that you dont really want. which is him!!! and he needs to grow up. heis not ever going to be a rockstar!!!! he is too old now. people think Robin Thick is old and what is he 35??? get a life and grow up. be responsible or be alone. dont bring someone else down with you.

then the spoiled girl. she needs to get a life. maybe go be around soeone who is sick with cancer or something to give her a different aspect on life. its not just about you. there are so many other things to care about. i still like my gossip, and i do bad things. and i am human too, and i want things and i get things,,,,,,,,but realize that this is nothing. you will never be happy unless you confront what you are missing. maybe it's God maybe it's true love......but dont ruin someone else because of problems you have. and he needs to get a backbone. stand up for yourself. tell her to grow up. i would hate to see her raise a child.  not saying she is a  bad perosn, she is not. she is just like alot of other girls and that is selfish, ruthless.......snotty to others, makes fun of others.....but i thinkit is all a front. it usually is. she is like that so noone ever says anything about her. it is a defense mechanism. but i am not saying she is a bad person...she just needs her bubble popped and see what else is in the world and be real!!!! there is hope.

that is my thoughts. but i really just wanted toknow why the youngest couple who are expecting a baby didnt get a prize but everyone else did??????

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last