Message Boards

Topic : 03/10 Underage Marriage

Number of Replies: 279
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 07, 2008, 11:28:18 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
A teen marriage, accusations of sexual abuse, maternal abandonment – you name it, this family drama has it all. Leslie says she didn’t give permission for her 16-year-old daughter, Corina, to marry Ryan, 18, and now wants the union annulled. Corina says she wants her mother to back off and stay out of her life because she was abandoned, and her mother doesn’t get a vote. She says her mother is retaliating against her because she accused her stepfather, Chris, of molesting her two years ago. Leslie says Corina has a history of lying, and she finds it hard to believe her daughter was sexually abused. Who’s telling the truth? Can this mother-daughter relationship be repaired, and should Corina end her marriage? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 18, 2008, 10:30 pm CDT

I don't think Corina should have to end her marriage

Her mother left her and her stepfather abused her!! What gives her "mom" the right to tell her to end the marriage? This episode had me rolling my eyes and thinking, "Oh my gosh! Who do you think you are!" about the mom. If these 2 people love each other then that's all that matters. But he better make sure he gets his GED and a job .. My husband doesn't have his GED but he does have a job but it's hard to find a good job without a GED or diploma.

Good luck on your marriage Corrina.

April 24, 2008, 2:01 pm CDT

i agree, and it was to close to home

Quote From: sahmto2girls

Her mother left her and her stepfather abused her!! What gives her "mom" the right to tell her to end the marriage? This episode had me rolling my eyes and thinking, "Oh my gosh! Who do you think you are!" about the mom. If these 2 people love each other then that's all that matters. But he better make sure he gets his GED and a job .. My husband doesn't have his GED but he does have a job but it's hard to find a good job without a GED or diploma.

Good luck on your marriage Corrina.

ICAN'T BELIEVE THAT HER MOTHER WOULD EVEN HAVE THE NERVE TO APPEAR ON NAITIONAL TV, SHE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HER SELF!!!!!   CORINA, IFEEL FOR U AND I WISH U THE BEST OF LUCK.  

April 24, 2008, 2:14 pm CDT

CORINA PLEASE CONTACT ME

Quote From: ramair

Why would Dr Phil ask you if you'd take a polygraph, promise us viewers the results, and then not give you the test? That doesn't make sense to me. But, then again, Dr Phil is making less and less sense to me these days.
I WOULD LOVE TO CHAT WITH U, I AM A VICTIM ALSO, WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM U, THANKS  RDDBABY36@AOL.COM, I ALSO CONTACTED DR. PHIL IN REGARDS TO MY STORY AFTER I WATCHED U ON THE SHOW, READMY DIARIES 

May 15, 2008, 12:43 am CDT

A Little More Understanding!

It seems to me like there needs to be more understanding on both parts. Not to say either one is right or wrong only that fighting over the same issues and dictating to others won't resolve anything and long term will only make things a lot worse. Its like Dr.Phil said perhaps the daughter and her husband should challenge their decision to stay married, this really makes sense, if they feel so confident about their marriage then they really have nothing to lose only something to gain (a good test). I think although the mother has made some serious mistakes she is ultimately trying to care for her daughter, just not in the most productive way. As for the stepfather, I would have to say that it would be very sad to think that he may have committed such awful acts, I would be interested in finding out whether he did decide to be a man and take the polygraph test and what the results were.  I wish all of them the best. At the end of the day honesty is always the best policy and not just to others but to yourself!!!!!

May 16, 2008, 10:07 pm CDT

UNDERSTANDING WAS LEFT AT DOORSTEP!!

Quote From: neeceljay

It seems to me like there needs to be more understanding on both parts. Not to say either one is right or wrong only that fighting over the same issues and dictating to others won't resolve anything and long term will only make things a lot worse. Its like Dr.Phil said perhaps the daughter and her husband should challenge their decision to stay married, this really makes sense, if they feel so confident about their marriage then they really have nothing to lose only something to gain (a good test). I think although the mother has made some serious mistakes she is ultimately trying to care for her daughter, just not in the most productive way. As for the stepfather, I would have to say that it would be very sad to think that he may have committed such awful acts, I would be interested in finding out whether he did decide to be a man and take the polygraph test and what the results were.  I wish all of them the best. At the end of the day honesty is always the best policy and not just to others but to yourself!!!!!
CORINA'S MOTHER, DROPPED HER OFF AND CHOSE HER HUSBAND OVER HER, SHE HAS NO RIGHT TO TRY TO HAVE THIS MARRIAGE INNALED, SHE GAVE UP THAT RIGHT WHEN SHE LEFT HER, AND WHY SHOULD CORINA NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHERE HER MOTHER IS COMING FROM, SHE IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT HER MOTHER, AND SO CALLED STEP-FATHER, THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE CORINA HAPPY!!!!!! 

July 2, 2008, 6:31 am CDT

Lie detector

Did I misunderstand - I thought the step father was going to have the lie detector test.  Did that happen ?

July 2, 2008, 2:36 pm CDT

03/10 Underage Marriage

Quote From: pendraig44

Did I misunderstand - I thought the step father was going to have the lie detector test.  Did that happen ?
The stepfather said that he would not take a lie detector test-something about he didn't have to prove anything to his wife. The daughter said she would take one. The mother said the show offered one and the daughter refused. The daughter said that the show didn't offer one, so she ended up not taking one. I, for one, don't know who is telling the truth. Maybe it was just some kind of mix-up. I hope they are all doing better since the show aired.

July 30, 2008, 8:47 pm CDT

Psychiatric help needed

I have read most of the comments on this message board, including the mothers.  Why do y'all all make seem like kids don't lie.  I have a friend who was in a similar position only in her case her daughter 14 was accusing her stepbrother 17 of molesting her.  It was later found out that she was lying.  Like Leslie most of what comes out of her mouth are lies.  The poor boy was almost going to go jail for something he didn't do.  Its different when you see people on TV or in person once than when you live with them.  Leslie might have looked all put together like she's an angel (these kids are good at what they do)...falsely accusing people, only that its frustrating for people that actually live with them.  For people that say they have some molester dictator because they have been through it or whatever...it's not the case all the time.  Just because you have been raped doesn't make you an expert in rape.  Anyway, I think  Corina was brave to be on Dr. Phil, most parents in her situation take the side of their kids only to find out the kid accuses their next partner of the same thing, its never ending.  They like unreasonable attention and will do anything to get it, look up narcissistic personality disorder.

July 30, 2008, 9:03 pm CDT

correction

Quote From: tondy22

I have read most of the comments on this message board, including the mothers.  Why do y'all all make seem like kids don't lie.  I have a friend who was in a similar position only in her case her daughter 14 was accusing her stepbrother 17 of molesting her.  It was later found out that she was lying.  Like Leslie most of what comes out of her mouth are lies.  The poor boy was almost going to go jail for something he didn't do.  Its different when you see people on TV or in person once than when you live with them.  Leslie might have looked all put together like she's an angel (these kids are good at what they do)...falsely accusing people, only that its frustrating for people that actually live with them.  For people that say they have some molester dictator because they have been through it or whatever...it's not the case all the time.  Just because you have been raped doesn't make you an expert in rape.  Anyway, I think  Corina was brave to be on Dr. Phil, most parents in her situation take the side of their kids only to find out the kid accuses their next partner of the same thing, its never ending.  They like unreasonable attention and will do anything to get it, look up narcissistic personality disorder.
 I apologize, I confused the two woman. I meant Corina when I say Leslie, any who you get the gist.

First | Prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next Page | Last Page