Message Boards

Topic : 03/11 Dr. Phil Now: Targeting the Paparazzi

Number of Replies: 171
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 07, 2008, 11:30:06 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil takes on a hot topic that has people buzzing! They’ve been called wolves, snakes and vultures, and now Hollywood stars want them to back off. They’re the "stalkarazzi" who stop at nothing to get that million dollar photo. What should happen to photographers and videographers who chase celebrities through traffic, harass them and hunt them down like prey? Should they go to jail, or do celebrities give up their right to privacy when they become famous? Los Angeles City Councilman Dennis Zine has created an anti-paparazzi proposal that would impose a personal safety bubble of several feet around public figures who are deemed to be paparazzi targets. Joining the discussion is Russell Turiak, a paparazzi for 30 years, Adrian Grenier, star of HBO’s show Entourage, Hollywood.TV owner Sheeraz Hasan, actress Illeana Douglas, and Brandy Navarre, Vice President of photo agency X17 Online. What do they think of the newly proposed Britney law? Plus, who does musician Gene Simmons say is to blame for the celebrity-obsessed paparazzi? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 18, 2008, 8:22 pm CDT

choices

Quote From: ramair

Many of these celebrities seem to live for the paparazzi's attention. Many of them even tip them off.
First of all, when people decide they want to be famous they know the camera is always on them.  Get over it!  When I realized I had no talent to be famous I got over the fact that I would have to work 16 hour days to support myself.  I do understand that some paps go too far but you know that is the life you built for yourself or your useless PARENTS decided to build for you!  And now they want to step in that everything has gone wrong.  I actually met Gene Simmons when I was in the Marine Corps raising money to fund our annual ball.  Something that is very special and meaningful but he was too enganged in the cameras.  I served our country for some jackass womenizer to be portrayed as a hero.  As a female Marine, I had to work twice as hard to get the respect of a man doing twice my job.  If Gene Simmons thinks that all women do is sit at home and read tabloids about the useless stuff he and his companions do he is very wrong!!!  I was and always will be a Marine.  and a NURSE (out to help other people)  not wallow in my self glory.  The three headed monster he talks about has more than many heads.  I only watched Dr. Phil because I thought he had some insightful topics but now I am not so sure!  I had my first child 2 months ago and I would do everything to protect him and this person has the right to say that paps are off limits to children?????!!!!  you pimped them out putting them on "Family Jewels"  Not all of us women sit around reading tabloids and eating bon bons.  I served our country so you have the right to run your useless mouth and pimp your kids.  I am a nurse to help people and now I am a mother.  Paps are doing what the job entails and so are you, unfortunately your children got caught in the cross hairs.  Don't pimp your kids if you don't want them out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!1       

First | Prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next Page | Last Page