Message Boards

Topic : 03/11 Dr. Phil Now: Targeting the Paparazzi

Number of Replies: 171
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 07, 2008, 11:30:06 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil takes on a hot topic that has people buzzing! They’ve been called wolves, snakes and vultures, and now Hollywood stars want them to back off. They’re the "stalkarazzi" who stop at nothing to get that million dollar photo. What should happen to photographers and videographers who chase celebrities through traffic, harass them and hunt them down like prey? Should they go to jail, or do celebrities give up their right to privacy when they become famous? Los Angeles City Councilman Dennis Zine has created an anti-paparazzi proposal that would impose a personal safety bubble of several feet around public figures who are deemed to be paparazzi targets. Joining the discussion is Russell Turiak, a paparazzi for 30 years, Adrian Grenier, star of HBO’s show Entourage, Hollywood.TV owner Sheeraz Hasan, actress Illeana Douglas, and Brandy Navarre, Vice President of photo agency X17 Online. What do they think of the newly proposed Britney law? Plus, who does musician Gene Simmons say is to blame for the celebrity-obsessed paparazzi? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 11, 2008, 12:05 pm CDT

come on Simmons

Gene loves us so well. Telling American women that young female celebs invite harrassment. How many times has this rock idle bad boy been married? The conversation does describe typical American relationship dynamic, guys acting possessive when girls act like guys.

March 11, 2008, 12:10 pm CDT

Hmmm

I totally disagree with Gene... I have never purchased a magazine to read the gossip. However I do enjoy a good article.. Ex: Halle Berry from homeless shelter to Hollywood Fame and Angelina Jolie saving the world one child at a time. FEEL GOOD stories.

Most little boys and girl who dreamed of being a rock star, professional football player, an actor or actress, did so in order to be famous and to be idolized. Being famous makes you a target of the paparazzi.  It comes with the territory. If you do not want the attention... you should not be in the business.  

I also believe in a little thing called respect.. Everyone should be able to have privacy within there home and property. There should be a balance. 

I woudl like to see and hear more of the feel good stories and less of the other.

March 11, 2008, 12:25 pm CDT

does gene love us well?

Quote From: sicelydestiny

Man am I glad that Gene Simmons loves women. LOL He was cracking me up.  I don't know who he is but must admit he's right.  I get magazines first and formost because I am going to school for Cosmetology and like to see what stars are wearing and doing with their hair.  I love checking ads for new cosmetics that I will just love ( check out the new highlighting mascara by Max Factor).  The truth of the matter though, is when i get to a picture of Lindsay, etc.  I wonder what they are doing now.  It is a escape from my reality.  I got married at 19 no complaints hes wonderful, but  I never got to experience those wild ways.  Since Britney Spears drama though I have changed my view.  I wondered if paparazzi had anything to do with her breakdown.  As a young parent I feel for her.  I hope she can change her life for her babies. So i've since moved on to magazines like Oprah, Ladies home journal, and Redbook which have articles that make me think about me and how to improve within myself.   There's always Cosmo when I'm feeling a little naughty.

A girl should not expect special privileges because of her sex but neither should she adjust to prejudice and discrimination.

-Betty Friedan author of "The Feminine Mystique"

March 11, 2008, 12:32 pm CDT

this is nothing but stalking and harrassment

This is not what the first amendment is about. this is nothing but stalking and harrassment. these picture takers are nothing but terrorists.they need to be arrested and continued to be arrested until this stops. I think the celberties have a right to stike back including shooting them to protect their prvacy. The constitution is not an item to be interpreded as it fits ones beliefs. the supreme court needs to step in and define this first amendment These celebrities are american citizens and that is all they are and have rights to privacy.

March 11, 2008, 12:35 pm CDT

what about the kids?

In my opinion, the paparazzi should be allowed to take pictures of the 'stars' while they are in a public place. However, bombarding their children is a little much. The children didnt choose to born to the 'stars' but have to live the life. Bottom line is, the 'stars' choose that lifestyle, its why they became actors, but the children did not and for that they need to be left alone.

March 11, 2008, 12:45 pm CDT

US priority

Where are our priorities??   Have you ever heard of anyone paying $200,000. for a picture of a teacher? Our country is very upside down!   What is really important?  Don't read a gossip magazine-read a book!!

March 11, 2008, 12:47 pm CDT

Gene Simmons

Give me a break, Gene....although, maybe men SHOULD do the grocery shopping from now on!

March 11, 2008, 12:50 pm CDT

Paparazzi & Lindsey Lohan

I live on Long Island and when Lindsey was going through her recovery phase and came back home I couldn't believe the paparazzi.  My friend lives a few houses away and was recovering from surgery I was going over there to spend some time helping her out and I couldn't even drive down the street without haveing to beep at the paparazzi to get out of the way, they were everywhere I mean really I feel sorry for Miss Lohan but why should I have to be agrivated because these bloodhounds have to get pictures of her!

March 11, 2008, 12:52 pm CDT

Celebrity Paparazzi

I have to say that I do not buy the tabloids at all.  You hear all the time about the obsession the public has with celebrities....well that's all that's on TV these days and all over the magazines at the check out.  The obsession, I believe, is because it is shoved down our throats!  I am a channel surfer and sadly there are so may "news" programs that are completely centered around celebrity news. I really could care less about celebrities.  I am a celebrity in my life and that is what I care about.   I am sick of hearing about what celebrities are doing.  Give me something else to watch and read and I will be happy!!

Angie

March 11, 2008, 12:54 pm CDT

I disagree with the paparazzi reps

the American public does not want to see this stuff---the american press forces it on us.  Any time that the morning news provides me with every move that Britney makes it is time for me to stop watching.  It's bad enough that it shows up on entertainment channels and shows but when did this become the top story on the national news?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last