Message Boards

Topic : 03/12 Let’s Talk about Sex

Number of Replies: 392
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 07, 2008, 11:34:24 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Over 50 percent of men and only 19 percent of women say they think about it several times a day. On the average, you do it almost 100 times a year. No, you don’t have a dirty mind – the topic is SEX! With the help of renowned OB/GYN Lisa Masterson, Dr. Phil tackles sex issues, and you might be surprised at how much you can relate! First up, Jason says his wife, Sylvia, has two personalities: Sylvia the 6th grade school teacher and Sylvia the sex maniac. Can the couple find a happy medium with what goes on in their bedroom? Then, Robin and Tom have been engaged for four years but haven’t set a wedding date. Tom says there’s something his betrothed won’t do that’s keeping him from saying, "I do." Can Dr. Masterson help Robin rescue her relationship? Next, statistics show that nearly 10 percent of women never have an orgasm through sexual activity. Becki says she had her first -- and last -- in 1998. Could her problem be biological? Be there when she hears her test results after a full examination. And, meet a couple who says they have sex up to six times a day. Is there such a thing as too much? Plus, Dr. Masterson answers your most embarrassing questions about sex. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 27, 2008, 6:31 pm CDT

03/12 Let’s Talk about Sex

Quote From: dianeup

omg, this is almost a carbon copy of my life! If we have sex once a month, I would call it a miracle. my husband might as well ne married to the computer, because that is where he spends the majorityof his time. we are 45 yrs., and have been married 24. I am at the point now, where i could care less now. If i never had it again...who cares. I have been so aggravated over this, that  i finally decided, it wasn't worth if for me to get so stressed out. I have been so disappointed with so many things in my life, that one more thing, is no big deal

Wow, I thought maybe I was one of the few that had this problem.  Any time I try to find info on it, it is always about decreased libido in women, not men.  Kind of sad to hear you say that you have been disappointed with so many things in your life and that this, being one more, is no big deal.  I get the feeling you are depressed (if you don't mind me coming right out and saying it).

I am trying not to get stressed out about the rare sex episodes and have recently saw a fellow on Oprah re: men who cheat (or something like that) . Not that I think he is cheating, but the book that was advertised (which was free for time limited download) had a lot of good points in order to enhance your marriage.  It was actually called "the truth about cheating".  I followed some of the advice and it has helped somewhat. I just need to stay with it.   Nice to know I am not alone, thanks for responding.

October 6, 2008, 12:02 pm CDT

IC

Robin, I have been catching up on old episodes of the Dr Phil show.  I saw your clip and when you stated that you had IC.  I worked for a urologist and we had a lot of patients with IC painful sex was one of their main complaints.  While there is no cure, there are many treatments that can ease your symptoms (bladder instillations, bladder dilations and also using lubricants during sex to minimize the pain .  I saw where another post recommended support groups - they're great.  Another complaint was that previous physicians these women had seen didn't believe their complaints.  IC is real and can make your life miserable.  If you aren't seeing a urologist, please see one who takes your complaints seriously.  Best wishes.

First | Prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Next Page | Last Page