Message Boards

Topic : 03/17 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Number of Replies: 248
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 14, 2008, 02:35:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you stuck in an emotional, marital or financial rut? Dr. Phil has advice for reshaping your future, and he’s bringing reinforcements! Joining him is Bishop T.D. Jakes, pastor of one of the fastest-growing mega-churches in the country and author of Reposition Yourself. First up, Dr. Phil and Bishop Jakes tackle a shocking story that made headlines. Tongues wagged when New York Governor Eliot Spitzer resigned over a sex scandal. Should his wife, Silda, have stood by his side? Robin weighs in with a woman’s perspective. And, Rachelle says her husband, Rob, was unjustly fired from his job as a police officer more than eight years ago, and the incident was highly publicized. Rob says his life was turned upside down and admits he hasn't been much of a father or husband since the firing. His four children say they want their "vacation dad" to be their full-time dad. What's really at the root of Rob's pain, and what will it take for him to return to being the man Rachelle married? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 15, 2008, 12:43 pm CDT

YOUR DECISION!

Personally I would not be by my husbands side in this situation--however, that does not mean that I would leave him..You have to weigh everything.  If he is abusive I would be gone and never coming back no matter what he said..  If he was a cheater more than once --gone--I would never find it in my heart to believe him again..   For Mrs. spitzer god bless her but standing by your man is not the only option!  You have feelings and a life-- Make him pay--find yourself someone who you can be happy with --life is too short and you need to be really loved and appreciated..Being alone instead of selling yourself --you will learn that being alone and being lonely are two different scenarios--and alone can be a great life.

March 15, 2008, 12:49 pm CDT

I am glad Spritzer was caught

First of all the Governor stepping down is as it should be. The press loves to have a field day with these sex scandals. I believe the Spriter should be brought to justice, and giving up his job does not cut it for me. His wife I am sure would come with her husband showing respect to the people who voted him in office. Why do you suppose a man is so into himself that he would want teenagers, his family to see this behaviour. So do we wonder why our children mess up. Bl;essings Halifax

March 15, 2008, 1:18 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Bishop Doctor D Jakes Phil T. The. Where did I see this before? Maybe this year or last year. I donot rem---

ember this at all. See you on March 17th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------

March 15, 2008, 2:09 pm CDT

One NYer's Opinion

In light of recent developments with the 'rise and fall' of our Governor, Eliot Spitzer, here are my descriptive words and thoughts on this situation...DISGRACEFUL! PATHETIC! IT-FIGURES! SYMPATHY! ONWARD & UPWARD!

Disgraceful, because here is a man who, over the course of the past 14 months in office, managed to P.O. A LOT of people; his arrogance and 'bully' mentality went after those who were commiting the EXACT crime of prostitution solicitation that he himself had been getting away with for the past decade, up until now.

Pathetic, because he paid LOTS of money over the years to hire women to sleep with him ~~ he ain't a 'looker' folks, so it's no wonder!  Also pathetic with regards to the young s**** 'Kristen' (real name Ashley from NJ) with whom he had this latest tryst; for the past two days, her photos and some bio on her have been plastered all over TV news and tabloids...I hope she enjoys her 15-minutes of fame because that's ALL she's worth! As for her being responsible for 'bringing down the Governor of NY'; HE'S the one who did so to himself!

It-Figures, because of my comment above that he commited the very crimes he was pointing fingers at others for doing so and had the audacity to think he was 'above the law'; that he could get away with it! Karma is truly a B****, ain't she? BTW...I DIDN'T vote for him!! Honestly, I felt more shocked and saddened when the scandal involving Rudy Giuliani and his then 'lover' Judy (now wife) were having an affair years ago while he was still married to Donna Hanover.

Much Sympathy (and empathy) for his wife Silda and three daughters who must live with this shame for the time being. I wish them well and hope that someday they are able to rise above this and move on with their lives...with OR without him in the picture!

Onward & Upward in putting this sordid mess behind us all and for our Lieutenant Gov, David Paterson, who will be taking the helm on Monday! Unknown to most of the NY public until now (although he's been a powerful, positive influence in Albany, he's kept a low profile as far as we-the-people are concerned). The news reports him as being very intelligent and personable; someone that the NY delegates, Senate and Congress will be able to work amicably with. He's legally blind and therefore has been able to successfully rise above adversity! Also, he's a LONG ISLANDER...we're ALL sooo proud of him and wish him much success ~~ and headache medicine...he's gonna need it as far as our state budget is concerned!!

The only good news about this is that it once again kept Britney out of the spotlight for a short while!

OXO
Lucy

March 15, 2008, 2:59 pm CDT

03/17 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Why all of a sudden is this Pastor on almost every week?  Is he all knowing or something?  Why in this country does everything have to come down to religion.   Now your show seems to think this will pull in more of the so called "good people."   I am so sick of these pastors that get on every show there is today and people act like they know so much more than anyone else.  This just goes along with how stupid the shows are getting.  I turn it off now more than I ever did.

Disgusted

March 15, 2008, 3:18 pm CDT

Walk in Mrs. Spitzer's Shoes

Until you have walked in Mrs. Spitzer's shoes please do not even try to dissect her behavior at this time in her life.  I HAVE been there so I can tell you SHE has no idea what is going on in her world yet; she is shocked and devastated.  It would have been easier if he had died -- actually if either of them had died. It's that bad. IT HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH HER AND HOW HE WAS NOT GETTING SOMETHING FROM HIS MARRIAGE OR THAT SHE WAS FRIGID OR DIDN't PAY HER HUSBAND ENOUGH ATTENTION. IT HAS TO DO WITH HIM AND HIM NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS AND HIS NEED FOR INSTANT GRATIFICATION.  IT HAS TO DO WITH HIS GIANT EGO. The higher in the company (government in this case) the easier it is and the more apt it is to happen.  It CAN -- AND DOES -- HAPPEN IN THE HAPPIEST OF MARRIAGES AND IN THE HAPPIEST OF TIMES IN THOSE MARRIAGES.  And now there are three daughters at their most critical ages with this man as their example for the rest of their lives.  They won't be aware yet but at least they learned it early.  IT IS A MATTER OF SELF CONTROL.  THEIR LIVES -- AND HIS -- WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. ELLIOTT SPITZER  WILL NEVER BE HAPPY AGAIN IN HIS LIFE; HE IS NOW THE WORST OF THE WORST IN HIS OWN EYES. Sad it had to be in Mrs. Spitzers eyes and the daughters eyes too.  I GUARANTEE YOU MRS. SPITZER HAS BEEN LONELY IN HER MARRIAGE BEFORE NOW.  SHE WILL BE HAPPY AGAIN.  HE WILL NOT.

March 15, 2008, 8:30 pm CDT

OMG

Ok that governer guy who was dissing his wife with some tramp is low down plain and simple. The wife is dump enough to stay with him then she's crazy no amount of money would make any sane woman stay with the a guy that sleeps with tramps and could be bring stds back home.

March 15, 2008, 9:43 pm CDT

03/17 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Quote From: replanted

Until you have walked in Mrs. Spitzer's shoes please do not even try to dissect her behavior at this time in her life.  I HAVE been there so I can tell you SHE has no idea what is going on in her world yet; she is shocked and devastated.  It would have been easier if he had died -- actually if either of them had died. It's that bad. IT HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH HER AND HOW HE WAS NOT GETTING SOMETHING FROM HIS MARRIAGE OR THAT SHE WAS FRIGID OR DIDN't PAY HER HUSBAND ENOUGH ATTENTION. IT HAS TO DO WITH HIM AND HIM NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS AND HIS NEED FOR INSTANT GRATIFICATION.  IT HAS TO DO WITH HIS GIANT EGO. The higher in the company (government in this case) the easier it is and the more apt it is to happen.  It CAN -- AND DOES -- HAPPEN IN THE HAPPIEST OF MARRIAGES AND IN THE HAPPIEST OF TIMES IN THOSE MARRIAGES.  And now there are three daughters at their most critical ages with this man as their example for the rest of their lives.  They won't be aware yet but at least they learned it early.  IT IS A MATTER OF SELF CONTROL.  THEIR LIVES -- AND HIS -- WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. ELLIOTT SPITZER  WILL NEVER BE HAPPY AGAIN IN HIS LIFE; HE IS NOW THE WORST OF THE WORST IN HIS OWN EYES. Sad it had to be in Mrs. Spitzers eyes and the daughters eyes too.  I GUARANTEE YOU MRS. SPITZER HAS BEEN LONELY IN HER MARRIAGE BEFORE NOW.  SHE WILL BE HAPPY AGAIN.  HE WILL NOT.

Why is it that a woman isn't responsible for her behavior?

Her standing by this guy is a BAD example. Women aren't so weak minded and frail that the get knocked off balance and they only way they can maintain composure is be braced up by a man.

Seriously....this just gets me. Not all women are feeble minded weaklings. 

March 15, 2008, 9:44 pm CDT

03/17 Bishop T.D. Jakes

Quote From: fattie

Why all of a sudden is this Pastor on almost every week?  Is he all knowing or something?  Why in this country does everything have to come down to religion.   Now your show seems to think this will pull in more of the so called "good people."   I am so sick of these pastors that get on every show there is today and people act like they know so much more than anyone else.  This just goes along with how stupid the shows are getting.  I turn it off now more than I ever did.

Disgusted

An ironic "Amen" to this post.

March 15, 2008, 11:59 pm CDT

Stand by your man???

Stand by your man may have been a good song title, but having been that woman not once but twice now, I can tell you it's not good advice. The Bible tells us this is the only REAL excuse for a legal divorce for a woman!! I speak from my own heart when I say that NO woman deserves this treatment nor the embaracement attached to it!! I say this because I caught my husband just before he strayed & let the woman know via email to stay away from him, it worked. Now she informs me when he emails her. We women really are smarter. If a man tries it a second time he deserves whatever the judge decides he gets.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last