Message Boards

Topic : 03/18 Love Junkies

Number of Replies: 98
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 14, 2008, 02:37:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you in love with being in love? Do you jump from relationship to relationship because you can’t stand the thought of being single? Dr. Phil’s first guest, Dawn, says she definitely fits this description. The 42-year-old says she’s been hopping from guy to guy since she was 14, has been married and divorced four times and is now in a three-year relationship and feeling the itch. Dawn’s current boyfriend, Paul, feels like he's being used and says he’s not ready to be her fifth ex-husband! Kurtis, Dawn’s 22-year-old son, says it’s high time his mom settled down. Is Paul really Dawn's true love or should he pack his things and hit the road? Then, Joanne says her cousin, Theresa, is obsessed with her boyfriend, Ken. Joanne and Theresa’s sister, Christine, say Ken is mentally abusive, but no matter what he does, Theresa keeps going back for more. They say Ken threw Theresa, her kids and all their belongings out on the front yard for the entire neighborhood to see, and she still took him back. Joanne and Christine aren’t the only ones who dislike Ken. Theresa’s mom says she can’t stand him either -- to the point where she hasn’t spoken to her daughter in nearly two years! Theresa says she just can’t live without her man, and her relatives will have to deal with their relationship. Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s plan for mending this broken family and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 18, 2008, 2:40 pm CDT

ONCE A DRUNK ALL WAYS A DRUNK

Easter Basket   This woman is not even thinking of her children is she.

The woman's family needs to take the children out of this mad house and help the kids.

I was in the same kind of crap and even the police said they couldn't do a thing about my ex.

Dr Phil make this woman see what this man is doing to her and the kids.

HELLO get this woman some help

Easter Church  Child Basket

March 18, 2008, 3:04 pm CDT

You gota be kidding me.

Dr. Phil, are you kidding me?  This woman is obviously suffering from no self-esteem.  She has been taken care of so much she doesn't have any strength in herself.  My advise is that she should be single, no dating for one year.  She needs to learn to be alone and take care of herself.  Her fear of being abandonded is screaming so loudly it overpowers her ability to hear that great guy telling her that she is loved.  .... and yes I'm divorced, for 10 years.  And would just jump out of my skin if I could find someone that would be so  loving and attentive to me.  Right now she just needs to heal herself, and if I could give advise to the guy... run don't walk there are a lot of good women out here that would love to meet someone so nice.

March 18, 2008, 3:05 pm CDT

This man is not a man if he has to hit this woman

Easter Basket  Child Basket  Easter Church I went threw this kind of life for 27 long hard years.

He could never see that he was doing this to me.

He also drank and it was not fun.

He all ways told me that no other man would ever love me.

Well I have some one in my life and he is a very loving man and life is good now.

But i still have days where I get scared and so I have been told that may not ever go away.

I still look around me to make sure I am safe as the ex is and all ways be a JERK.

Be safe and don't let any person do this to you.My Ex broke my back and don't let this man do this

to you.

Have A Nice Day 

Child Basket  Egg Painting  Easter Basket 

March 18, 2008, 3:21 pm CDT

Leave Dawn alone!

For those of you that are judging Dawn because she can't stay in a single relationship, consider this.  Just stop & think of what would you do if you were in Dawn's shoes, & just can't be satisified with just one person. Many people in this world are like that. Perhaps she has some issues that she dealt with her entire life. I'm figuring that she has some sort of illness, stress, a disorder, or some sort of how she's been this way since she was 14. She had a bad childhood, has been suffering abuse from her past relationships, etc. It could be that she has never felt true love by anyone (except for her son), & feels that she shouldn't have to be alone, that's all. I wouldn't exactly call her a "Player", as some of you have put it. I think it's because she's very uncomfortable, has a disorder, or some sort. Unless many of you have been in her shoes, I don't think that it's fair to judge her harshly. I feel sorry for her & I just hope & pray that Dawn gets all the help she needs to overcome these obstacles.

March 18, 2008, 3:33 pm CDT

NOT just in love with a person

One thing that Dr. Phil didn't address was how these "love junkies" aren't just in love with a person. My husbands ex-wife fits the description of a "love junkie" and with respect to her, I have watched over the past 15 years how she falls in love with houses, cars, and now school.

It's that feeling of something new, we have watched many men come through her door including the 5 she has married and divorced. Next thing you know after she ends a relationship she buys a new car and a little later she will buy a new house.

Since ending her last serious relationship she has gone back to school, which I seriously admire her for. How she lives her life is none of our business except they share a [now 17 year old] daughter and we have already saw similar characteristics in her. We don't want her to experience the heartache that we have watched her mother go through and I'm sure we don't even know the half of it.

It's a hard thing to address and I appreciate Dr. Phil for bringing it out in the open.

March 18, 2008, 3:45 pm CDT

03/18 Love Junkies

Quote From: manofgoods

For those of you that are judging Dawn because she can't stay in a single relationship, consider this.  Just stop & think of what would you do if you were in Dawn's shoes, & just can't be satisified with just one person. Many people in this world are like that. Perhaps she has some issues that she dealt with her entire life. I'm figuring that she has some sort of illness, stress, a disorder, or some sort of how she's been this way since she was 14. She had a bad childhood, has been suffering abuse from her past relationships, etc. It could be that she has never felt true love by anyone (except for her son), & feels that she shouldn't have to be alone, that's all. I wouldn't exactly call her a "Player", as some of you have put it. I think it's because she's very uncomfortable, has a disorder, or some sort. Unless many of you have been in her shoes, I don't think that it's fair to judge her harshly. I feel sorry for her & I just hope & pray that Dawn gets all the help she needs to overcome these obstacles.
What if Dawn was a man? You know what I think? I think if Dawn was a man some of us would think of her as a player or someone who just couldn't commit.

March 18, 2008, 3:45 pm CDT

What's up with Paul

It looks to me like Dr. Phil was wasting his time with Dawn.  Paul was the one that needed to most help.  Why would a man put up with Dawn antics.  I know she had a ruff childhood, but didn't we all. Paul seems like a good guy being manipulated by attention seeking hustler.  

Four marriages/divorces,why would you want to be number five?

March 18, 2008, 3:46 pm CDT

03/18 Love Junkies

Quote From: eyrshangel

This woman is a player!  It seems to me that she thinks she' s better than the men chooses.  Perhaps she needs to be kicked to the curb so she can see how it feels.  She is a user and abuser. 

Her big "AHA" moments with Dr. Phil seem to be contrived.  I think all this attention from Dr. Phil is still stroking her ego.  I'm recommending serious therapy!!

I wonder if DrP was starting to look good to her?

March 18, 2008, 3:49 pm CDT

Sounds Familiar

Quote From: teasr4life

One thing that Dr. Phil didn't address was how these "love junkies" aren't just in love with a person. My husbands ex-wife fits the description of a "love junkie" and with respect to her, I have watched over the past 15 years how she falls in love with houses, cars, and now school.

It's that feeling of something new, we have watched many men come through her door including the 5 she has married and divorced. Next thing you know after she ends a relationship she buys a new car and a little later she will buy a new house.

Since ending her last serious relationship she has gone back to school, which I seriously admire her for. How she lives her life is none of our business except they share a [now 17 year old daughter and we have already saw similar characteristics in her. We don't want her to experience the heartache that we have watched her mother go through and I'm sure we don't even know the half of it.

It's a hard thing to address and I appreciate Dr. Phil for bringing it out in the open.

I had to laugh when I read your comments about your husbands ex-wife.  My ex-husband is exactly the same way.  He & I married almost right out of high school and were married for five years.  Every year he had to have a new car.....and, believe me, we could not afford it.  He traded in cars as soon as the new smell wore off.   I was his first wife, and he's on his sixth wife now.   And there's absolutely no telling how many cars/houses/jobs he's been through. 

March 18, 2008, 3:53 pm CDT

03/18 Love Junkies

It could be that she has never felt true love by anyone (except for her son)

Sorry, meant to say that she has never felt loved by anyone, meaning friends or family alike (except for her son).

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last