Message Boards

Topic : 03/24 "You're Not Who I Married"

Number of Replies: 101
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, March 20, 2008, 12:37:47 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
When you walk down the aisle and say "I do," you look forward to a life of wedded bliss. But what if your bride or groom turned into your worst nightmare? Trish and Matt say their wedding day two years ago was full of love, joy and hope, but just months into the marriage, Trish became full of rage. She lashes out at her husband up to 15 times a day, and their physical fights often occur in front of their two young children. What's really at the root of Trish's rage, and should this couple ever have gotten married? Then, Tracy says when her husband, Shawn, lost 350 pounds, she lost her sweet, humorous spouse, and their five kids lost their loving father. She says Shawn is now an angry man obsessed with his appearance. Why do they both say that if they had met today, they would never have married? And what must Shawn do to get this marriage back on track? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 2, 2008, 9:26 pm CDT

There is no way he is gay

Quote From: larkemarie

This is my "take" on what I saw on the show regarding Shawn and his wife.  I think Shawn is Gay and is afraid to admit it to his wife.  Shawn made a tremendous decision to change his life (surgery to lose weight) and is now reclaiming his self worth and independence!  Good for him!  Obviously he was comfortable and felt "safe" in his old situation but took that step to change things.

I truly believe he is Gay (which I have no problem with personally) and should just release that "last" bit of burden that is hanging over his head.  He can still be a good Father.  As a viewer, it was so obvious to me and I just wanted to yell......"Say it Shawn, just say it!  Come clean.....it's ok!"

Shawn has gone through a lot of changes and Gay is NOT one of them. How did ypu come to that conclusion watching 15 minutes of TV? I have lived with shawn for 15 years, if he was I'd know it by now and we would have been on a differnt show. How does losing 350lbs and taking pride in your appearence make you Gay? I'm sure if you asked someone who is gay they would tell you differnt. I am truely sorry that ou are this ignorant and you totally missed the point of the whole show.

Tracy

First | Prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next Page | Last Page