Message Boards

Topic : 07/23 Ask the Doctors

Number of Replies: 202
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 04, 2008, 02:09:08 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/08/08) Imagine having your doctor on speed dial to answer your questions 24/7. Here's your chance, because The Doctors (link to: /shows/page/TheDoctors)  are back! Dr. Phil welcomes OB/GYN Dr. Lisa Masterson, family therapist Dr. Tara Fields, pediatrician Dr. Jim Sears, plastic surgeon Dr. Andrew Ordon, and E.R. physician Dr. Travis Stork. Join their conversation and hear their valuable insights on the hottest medical topics of the day, including actor Heath Ledger's untimely death and the rise in breast augmentation surgery. Next, meet Jennifer, a wife and mother who's so afraid of her family getting sick and dying from germs, that she won't handle cash or mail, she wears three different pairs of shoes each day -- a pair for in the house, one for out of the house, and one for in the car -- and won't even greet family members from out of town until they've come in and showered! Is Jennifer's house as germ free as she thinks it is? Dr. Phil sends a microbiologist to find out. Then, meet a woman who got married and was ready to start a family only to find out that the man she fell in love with was making her physically ill. And, meet a couple who are at odds over a serious medical dilemma involving their 3-year-old son. Should they amputate his legs? Plus, is there a medical question you're dying to know the answer to but are too embarrassed to ask? Be there when The Doctors answer viewer questions on topics ranging from breastfeeding to penis enlargement, and then talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 8, 2008, 10:09 am CDT

Clitoral stimulation does work....

Quote From: gwarrior6

Have you tried Kegels?  They might help.  Here's a site that tells you how to do them:

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/wha/wha_kegel_crs.htm

Also, try clitoral stimulation, many women cannot get vaginal orgasms, so they do the clitoral stimulation.

Or you could try nipple stimulation, which releases oxytocin, may help.  Hope it helps!

With my husband and I, we always get one out on me by clitoral stimulation, then we carry on and by that point the senses are heightened and sex is a whole lot more enjoyable.

April 8, 2008, 10:21 am CDT

I think I want breast implants.....

I may want breast implants but for a different reason. My nipples are hyper sensitive and it actually hurts them when they are messed with. I've been to the doctor and there's nothing actually wrong with them, they're just stubborn I guess. I was told by several people that if I get breast implants and if they go through the nipple, it will desensitize them. Does anybody know if this is true? I already have a really nice rack, lol and my husband enjoys playing with them but it drives me absolutely INSANE! and not in a good way!

April 8, 2008, 11:25 am CDT

04/08 Ask the Doctors

Have you seen the man on YouTube that talks about the Barbie Syndrome?  It made me laugh!  He's outrageous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_hg5nL-k4&feature=related

And then you have Cindy Jackson, who has the world record for plastic surgeries (47 since 1988) and has spent about $100,000 on them!  Or Steve Erhardt (that guy looks scary to me), the "living Ken Doll" who has had over 30 operations and spent $250,000 (including bicep, pec, and butt implants).  I saw a picture of him, he doesn't look natural at all.

The article I mentioned was written by me....you may a get a laugh out of that as well as others on my blog...check it out.

I have seen that Cindy Jackson...yuuuuck!   But I haven't seen the YouTube video...I  will. Thanks!

Personally, I like my flaws...they are what make me me! :)   I've been working on the INSIDE of me....when I leave this earth, I don't want people to just say, "Oh, she was vain, fake and worthless, but she sure is a good-looking corpse!" heh heh  

April 8, 2008, 12:26 pm CDT

I have heard that...

Quote From: peterspumpkin

I may want breast implants but for a different reason. My nipples are hyper sensitive and it actually hurts them when they are messed with. I've been to the doctor and there's nothing actually wrong with them, they're just stubborn I guess. I was told by several people that if I get breast implants and if they go through the nipple, it will desensitize them. Does anybody know if this is true? I already have a really nice rack, lol and my husband enjoys playing with them but it drives me absolutely INSANE! and not in a good way!

It's true that breast augmentation can desensitize the nipples either temporarily or occasionally (about 3% chance) completely, although sensation usually is supposed to return, and it may not come back completely.  In some cases, you can get hypersensitization in the nipples afterward because of inflammation. 

In addition to going in through the nipple, they can go through the armpit and thru the navel (TUBA), and TUBA is supposed to have less of a chance than other methods of losing all sensitivity in the nipple. 

Enjoy your new boobies!...lol.. :)

April 8, 2008, 12:43 pm CDT

I don't want it to return....

It's true that breast augmentation can desensitize the nipples either temporarily or occasionally (about 3% chance) completely, although sensation usually is supposed to return, and it may not come back completely.  In some cases, you can get hypersensitization in the nipples afterward because of inflammation. 

In addition to going in through the nipple, they can go through the armpit and thru the navel (TUBA), and TUBA is supposed to have less of a chance than other methods of losing all sensitivity in the nipple. 

Enjoy your new boobies!...lol.. :)

I'm hoping if I do it, the sensation won't return so I can enjoy them!!!! lol :)

April 8, 2008, 12:54 pm CDT

04/08 Ask the Doctors

I know you said you are taking meds (I thought it was you?), sometimes antidepressants will curb an orgasm, also.

I was on several different antidepressants for many years and it became extremely hard if at all possible to achieve orgasm. Then my new doctor switched me to Wellbutrin and within a month I started having multiple orgasms. It's been so great! I thought I was too old and would never have one again. Talk to your doctor and maybe you can switch.

April 8, 2008, 12:56 pm CDT

blog...

Quote From: cndrlla

The article I mentioned was written by me....you may a get a laugh out of that as well as others on my blog...check it out.

I have seen that Cindy Jackson...yuuuuck!   But I haven't seen the YouTube video...I  will. Thanks!

Personally, I like my flaws...they are what make me me! :)   I've been working on the INSIDE of me....when I leave this earth, I don't want people to just say, "Oh, she was vain, fake and worthless, but she sure is a good-looking corpse!" heh heh  

I read your blog, you have some pretty pics on it, btw. 

True, you have to work on the inside to be okay with yourself.  But what about that show earlier where the Italian young man had a rather large nose that kept getting broken and he didn't want to be defined by his nose?  I don't think he was vain or trying to look like a movie star, he just didn't want to go through life breaking his nose all the time.  Or someone who's in a car accident and looks different and needs reconstructive surgery?  Or maybe some moms who just finished breast feeding and look different from what she used to (in a very short period of time)?  That can have some psychological effects (like depression over changing so much, so fast).  If they have the time, money and the "I'm doing this for me, not to fit into a mold of looking like a Barbie" mentality, I don't see the harm.

On the other hand, I see what youre saying about the Barbie doll mentality, and it seems that girls younger than I do get surgery to fit in.  They're the girls that look like they could fit into an episode of "Laguna Beach", typically white, upper class, designer wearing eye candy (and would marry rich to maintain that image and then not lift a finger).  My experiences with the ones I met were not positive ones.  They treated people who didn't look like a mannequin like garbage.    The point is to treat people well, and to be a good person, and you can do that with or without "spare parts".

I don't necessarily think having plastic surgery makes you a bad person, but it shouldn't be an addiction or a reason to be superficial or snobby.

April 8, 2008, 1:20 pm CDT

SUPERFICIAL BOOBS

Let me say first, I see nothing wrong with any lady having reconstructive surgery whose had  to fight breast cancer in her lifetime. I am so much compassion for these courageous ladies.

But for these females who have breast implants just to wear tops with half their boobs hanging out for the rest to see, I am sick of it. And by the number of implants the doctor said on the show he had done, I can see their will be a lot of more to be flaunted in our faces.

Does anyone know where I can get a shirt to wear that says "NO SILICONE NEEDED IN THESE"!!!!!!!!!!

April 8, 2008, 1:23 pm CDT

germ a phob employment.

why cant we employ all the germ a phobs in every hospital in the nation to combat this super bug MRSA you talked about earlier?

April 8, 2008, 1:43 pm CDT

04/08 Ask the Doctors

Quote From: newjewells

why cant we employ all the germ a phobs in every hospital in the nation to combat this super bug MRSA you talked about earlier?
Wow, that's a really good idea!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last