Message Boards

Topic : 08/05 Fat Abusers

Number of Replies: 446
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 04, 2008, 02:11:21 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/09/08) “Fat slob!” “Lardo!” “Lazy butt!” Obese people are often the target of ridicule, but can you imagine hearing this type of verbal abuse from your own spouse? Dr. Phil takes on fat abusers, people who intentionally belittle their husband or wife simply for being overweight. Roger says he was very clear when he told his wife, Linda, before they were married that he couldn’t stand fat people. Now 20 years later, Roger says Linda has gained 40 pounds and is about to lose him. He says sex with her is like “rolling around in a bowl of Jell-O” and is considering divorce if she doesn’t shed the pounds. Should Linda take his behavior as a wake-up call and end the marriage? Then, Alisa and Leon have been married for 28 years, but now that he tips the scales at 305 pounds, she calls him “Fat Butt.” She filed for divorce because she says she can’t stand looking at his stinky, flabby body. Their daughter, Amy, also puts Leon down and says he's the reason that she’s full-figured. Don't miss Dr. Phil's surprise for Leon! And, viewers were left speechless by Rick, who called his wife, Karen, a fat whore, fat pig and even the C-word. Has he changed his abusive ways? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 13, 2008, 9:05 am CDT

so emotional!!

Quote From: shan34

I'm so frustrated with this. I got into restaurants and listen to larger people order huge amounts of food and actually heard one person complain about how much they'd ordered...um so then don't eat it all take some home! I'm just sick of hearing people whine "oh I'm so fat!" then go ahead and order tons of food. If you're that upset about it DO something about it like I am my anorexia!!! DO something!
Why are you so emotional about something that is really not your business? If a large person at the next table wants to order a big meal, and if he/she then wants to complain about it, it is none of your business, yet you appear to have a very high level of frustration over this. You appear to have a dislike for heavy people.  It certainly sounds that way from your numerous posts on here.  Why is that?? Since you admittedly have an eating disorder yourself, one would think you would have some sympathy for others.  Even though they wish for their weight to go in the opposite direction than you do, both sides are struggling with trying to control their weight.  Try some kindness for a change.

September 25, 2008, 2:15 pm CDT

Exactly Darlin!!!

Quote From: jewelsf

I would like to try and clarify this statement.  When you said "I know it looks awful and I'm fixing it!", did you mean that you know that the "anorexia" looks awful and that you're working to put some weight on?
I meant that my anorexia looks awful!!! and yes I'm trying hard to gain weight! I"m actually DOING something to fix my problem!!!

September 25, 2008, 2:27 pm CDT

08/05 Fat Abusers

Quote From: juliebgg

Why are you so emotional about something that is really not your business? If a large person at the next table wants to order a big meal, and if he/she then wants to complain about it, it is none of your business, yet you appear to have a very high level of frustration over this. You appear to have a dislike for heavy people.  It certainly sounds that way from your numerous posts on here.  Why is that?? Since you admittedly have an eating disorder yourself, one would think you would have some sympathy for others.  Even though they wish for their weight to go in the opposite direction than you do, both sides are struggling with trying to control their weight.  Try some kindness for a change.
Been fat been anorexic so I know both sides took me year but I lost the weight. Its unhealthy and not good for you!

September 25, 2008, 3:43 pm CDT

Lol

Quote From: PennyLane78

So, you think fat people don't KNOW they look "awful"??? (No 'e' btw)

I don't think you really know what you're talking about. I know of no people like that.

Why do you feel the need to have no sensitivity? How would you feel if someone spoke about anorexic people this way? That they are gross, and they should just learn to eat. Hmm? How would you feel?
Maybe if someone had shown some concern for me when I was a teen, maybe I would not be like this...maybe if someone had of said you're too thin it looks AWFUL (no e) then I may not have become anorexic...ever think of that??? An I've been FAT...both is disgusting!!! So I'm fixing myself what are you doing making excuses what does Dr. Phil preach...NO EXCUSES!!!

October 5, 2008, 2:42 pm CDT

so two wrongs make a right??

Maybe if someone had shown some concern for me when I was a teen, maybe I would not be like this...maybe if someone had of said you're too thin it looks AWFUL (no e) then I may not have become anorexic...ever think of that??? An I've been FAT...both is disgusting!!! So I'm fixing myself what are you doing making excuses what does Dr. Phil preach...NO EXCUSES!!!

Sorry but being mistreated does not give you the right to be cruel to other people, as you have been in many of your posts.

Also, how could you end your post by saying "No excuses" when you just blamed the world for your anorexia by saying that no one came forward and told you you were too thin.  Are you not accountable for your own actions?

Sounds like you have some other work to do besides dealing with anorexia. You need to learn to take ownership for your actions, and not pass the blame when you make your own mess. 

October 5, 2008, 2:45 pm CDT

both extremes are unhealthy

Been fat been anorexic so I know both sides took me year but I lost the weight. Its unhealthy and not good for you!

But anorexia is also unhealthy!!!  You went from one extreme to the other, and neither one is healthy. 

First | Prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Next Page | Last Page