Message Boards

Topic : 08/05 Fat Abusers

Number of Replies: 446
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 04, 2008, 02:11:21 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/09/08) “Fat slob!” “Lardo!” “Lazy butt!” Obese people are often the target of ridicule, but can you imagine hearing this type of verbal abuse from your own spouse? Dr. Phil takes on fat abusers, people who intentionally belittle their husband or wife simply for being overweight. Roger says he was very clear when he told his wife, Linda, before they were married that he couldn’t stand fat people. Now 20 years later, Roger says Linda has gained 40 pounds and is about to lose him. He says sex with her is like “rolling around in a bowl of Jell-O” and is considering divorce if she doesn’t shed the pounds. Should Linda take his behavior as a wake-up call and end the marriage? Then, Alisa and Leon have been married for 28 years, but now that he tips the scales at 305 pounds, she calls him “Fat Butt.” She filed for divorce because she says she can’t stand looking at his stinky, flabby body. Their daughter, Amy, also puts Leon down and says he's the reason that she’s full-figured. Don't miss Dr. Phil's surprise for Leon! And, viewers were left speechless by Rick, who called his wife, Karen, a fat whore, fat pig and even the C-word. Has he changed his abusive ways? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 5, 2008, 12:45 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Abusers Doctor Fat Phil. Now I know where you come from. Mars.  Just Kidding.  But what is a Fat Absers-

Anyway? I donot understand that.  See you on Wednesday April 09th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaan-

deren.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 6, 2008, 5:26 am CDT

people are rude

I get so mad at fat abusers. I am married to one. I haven't been fat until i injured a back injury 3 years ago and then had a brother whom commited suicide. I have put on 100 pounds plus and now am struggling to loose the weight. It is very hard and when stupid people call us fat slobs and other mean and cruel names, it just makes it worse. I know from experience. My husband used to be ignorant in this department, until i almost died, due to complications of pneumonia. People can change, as he has. He said he never knew why he said those things, but that he regrets every word ever issued in ignorance. I am slowly loosing the weight and i feel very sorry for people who are made fun of. It hurts and can really traumatize someone in ways a person could never know. I hope that these people can learn that fat people are not bad, nor are they slobs. Some people do not try to loose the weight, but in some cases such as mine alot of it was due to meds and bed rest for a long time and then depression sank in. I honestly didin't know i had gotten so big until i finally looked in a mirror and was shocked and sick with myself for letting it get this far. I was always skinny. So beleive me it hurts. I have indured insults in public places and in front of my kids. People need to learn to keep their mean comments to themselves. If you don't like the way a person looks, don't look. and if you cannot love them anymore, do not threaten to leave just leave as  you aren't helping threm in any way and they would probably do better without you anyway. I  hope dr. phil gets people on this show to see  how dumb they can really be....    

April 6, 2008, 6:44 am CDT

It is what it is

Quote From: hpmx59

Abusers Doctor Fat Phil. Now I know where you come from. Mars.  Just Kidding.  But what is a Fat Absers-

Anyway? I donot understand that.  See you on Wednesday April 09th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaan-

deren.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fat abuser is exactly what it says it is. It is someone who abuses people who are over weight. It is someone whos self esteem is so low that they need to ridicule and verbally and physically attack people to feel better. It is someone who needs a lesson is compasion.

Before I became pregnant I was over weight, mostly due to the first three pregancies and not loosing the weight from them. He doesn't like it and it worries him I am at higher risk this time around for diabities and other problems but he would never in his life start to degrade me or be little me. Instead he helps me, I know I am over weight and not healthy also due to eating habbits. We work on it together. He is my supporter not my abuser, because we love each other... I think the guests need to leave there partner and find someone who will love them no matter what. Even if they loose the weight there partner think they need to loose they will still be ,mean and horrible people.

April 6, 2008, 6:59 am CDT

Fat Abusers

Quote From: hpmx59

Fat abusers is a term that people use to put down people who are excessively obese.  I know it is wrong to criticize people for being overweight.  Many people who are overweight have other health problems,  concerns, problems and issues that cause them to eat. 

I wish that people would stop and not judge people who are overweight.  They need a friend or someone to talk and listen to their concerns.  I stated that they have other problems that they can't deal with on their own.  They seek counseling.  They also need a strong person to listen to their concerns.  In time, when they have control over their life, meaning that they can cope with the negative issues that contribute to their eating habits, then they will do something about their weight. 

I have a good friend who is overweight and she is aware of the fact that she is overweight.  She also has a lot of other issues and hurt inside her.  She knows that she can call me and talk whenever she is feeling down.  She continues to see a therapist.  In time she will take control of her life and become a positive person that has a lot of self respect and esteem, she will then take care of herself.  Every day, little by little she is coping with her own demons and fears.  She has a lot of health problems and the medication that she is on, makes her gain weight. 

I give her more respect, knowing that she is doing the best that she can to try take better care of her self.  Like most people, she has her bad days and slips through the cracks and over eats.  She eats to get away from the pain that she is feeling inside of her and she eats to get away from the pressues that she is coping with today in her environment.  For now she has moved to a better environment and she would  not be subjected to negative things that were harming her, emotionally, ,mentally, spirtually and physically.

My final thought, people who are overweight have a reason to be  overweight and for whatever reason it may be, they need a lot of positive support from their friends, spouses, and family.  STOP the Criiticizing and listen to them. 

April 6, 2008, 2:03 pm CDT

some have to take responsiblity

I know how it feels. but you know I refuse to let people with such mean spirit get me down. I have taken responsibilty for my weight and have taken back the power that people have to hurt me.  

April 6, 2008, 2:10 pm CDT

Some people never grow up

I hate it when people insult others for whatever reason, size of their shoes, dress, pants or whatever.  It really bugs me.  We were born this way, with this look, problems and so on.  If we could pre order our bodyshape, we would all look like George Clooney and gang for the guys or Elizabeth taylor and gang for the gals. So people grow up and accept each other the way the Good Lord created us.

April 6, 2008, 3:33 pm CDT

we were not "speechless" but outraged!

And we weren't sitting with nothing to say but trying to tell Karen how toprotect herself and how to get away from this ABUSER!  He's a narcassist that is not going to change and if he's "pretending to now" it'll all be over as soon as the last show is finished airing and the "tools given to them" to "fix their marriage" he'll end up turning on her and he will once again be the shining start while she's just "simply hopeless".  There's NO WINNING with them the best thing to do is get as far as one can while having to co-parent! 

April 7, 2008, 11:17 am CDT

Thank you!

I'm so glad you're going to do a show that confronts size discrimination!

April 7, 2008, 11:19 am CDT

04/09 Fat Abusers

Quote From: lost1234

I get so mad at fat abusers. I am married to one. I haven't been fat until i injured a back injury 3 years ago and then had a brother whom commited suicide. I have put on 100 pounds plus and now am struggling to loose the weight. It is very hard and when stupid people call us fat slobs and other mean and cruel names, it just makes it worse. I know from experience. My husband used to be ignorant in this department, until i almost died, due to complications of pneumonia. People can change, as he has. He said he never knew why he said those things, but that he regrets every word ever issued in ignorance. I am slowly loosing the weight and i feel very sorry for people who are made fun of. It hurts and can really traumatize someone in ways a person could never know. I hope that these people can learn that fat people are not bad, nor are they slobs. Some people do not try to loose the weight, but in some cases such as mine alot of it was due to meds and bed rest for a long time and then depression sank in. I honestly didin't know i had gotten so big until i finally looked in a mirror and was shocked and sick with myself for letting it get this far. I was always skinny. So beleive me it hurts. I have indured insults in public places and in front of my kids. People need to learn to keep their mean comments to themselves. If you don't like the way a person looks, don't look. and if you cannot love them anymore, do not threaten to leave just leave as  you aren't helping threm in any way and they would probably do better without you anyway. I  hope dr. phil gets people on this show to see  how dumb they can really be....    
You're awesome! People also should realize that for most people, looking as what is considered fat is actually their healthy weight. Alot of people have a set-point weight, that is above the norm on the BMI. Also, weight gain due to medications, is a good point. I have a friend who's extremely overweight, cause she has to take alot of Seroquel to sleep.

April 7, 2008, 12:55 pm CDT

04/09 Fat Abusers

Quote From: momakababe

And we weren't sitting with nothing to say but trying to tell Karen how toprotect herself and how to get away from this ABUSER!  He's a narcassist that is not going to change and if he's "pretending to now" it'll all be over as soon as the last show is finished airing and the "tools given to them" to "fix their marriage" he'll end up turning on her and he will once again be the shining start while she's just "simply hopeless".  There's NO WINNING with them the best thing to do is get as far as one can while having to co-parent! 
Did you get to go to this show?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last