Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Women Beware!

Number of Replies: 352
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 04, 2008, 02:15:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Women beware: Men are on the prowl! Some guys win your heart and dupe you for thousands of dollars, while other men learn the slick techniques of pick-up artists so they can get you in the sack! Go inside a classroom where single men are being taught The Mystery Method -- a step-by-step technique on how to meet, attract and date beautiful women. The instructors say this method teaches guys to be more confident. When the students hit the bars, will The Mystery Method help them land a lady? What do the women think of their techniques? Then, meet Ross Jeffries, the self-proclaimed "Father of Seduction." He says he’s taught thousands of men to seduce women through language. Now he fears that he’s created monsters, because many of his followers are seducing woman through deception, and he says that’s exactly what The Mystery Method is all about. A heated debate ensues between Ross and The Mystery Method instructors, Nick and Scott. Is Ross’ technique actually as benign as he claims? And, Victoria says she fell in love for the first time with a guy whom who she thought was the perfect man, until he she says he ended up scamming her out of $100,000. Did Victoria miss the warning signs? How can she pick up the pieces of her broken heart and move on? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 6, 2008, 6:03 am CDT

PATERNITY TEST KITS - OVER THE COUNTER

Paternity test kits are the latest example of how genetics testing is pushing into the consumer marketplace, fueling competition not only in paternity issues but also in ancestry research (many purchasers are adults who still have questions about who their parents are or were).  Genetic paternity tests are widely available online.  Experts are warning consumers that some laboratories doing the testing are not required to meet federal or any genetic testing standards.

Over-the-counter test kits are now available.  These over-the-counter test kits are now available in some local stores - except those in New York, where state law requires a court order or medical prescription. 

www.dnatesting.com 

The kits cost about $30. They contain cotton swabs for taking cells from inside the mouth, which are then placed in sealed plastic bags and sent with a consent form and an additional fee to an accredited lab.  Results are available in three to five days and can be accessed on
line.  Assuming that the information listed on the form sent in with paternity kits is correct, the test is 99.9 percent accurate for paternity. 

The tests cannot be used in legal proceedings because there is no verification that the samples come from the people who are listed on the forms sent to the laboratory. Legally valid tests cost about $350 with Identigene. 

With some paternity tests advertised on the Web for as little as $89.  Buy from a company whose laboratory is accredited for crime scene processing and by the American Association of Blood Banks, which set standards for handling and processing samples.

Hope it helps!

April 6, 2008, 7:04 am CDT

Adding to the above good advise

Quote From: anon_slc

If you are with in a relationship with someone, you expect the relationship to grow and deepen over time; you expect a heart connection to be made and maintained.  You operate your life based on this expectation.  When your partner in the relationship does not or cannot make an emotional connection, the relationship becomes very painful.  Some of my favorite books that provide a great introduction and insight into personality types most capable of repeated infidelity are:

Why Is It Always About You?  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss AND Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward

Malignant Self Love:  Narcissism Revisited by Sam Vaknin MAYBE The Professional Bachelors Dating Guide:  How to Exploit Her Inner Psycho by Dr Brett Tate

Get Me Out of Here:  My Recovery From Borderline Personality Disorder by Rachel Reiland OR Girl Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen AND Stop Walking on Eggshells by Paul Mason and Randi Kreger

Healthy Boundaries Workbook: Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills to Set and Maintain Better Boundaries by Deborah Deiboldt Legge OR Overcoming Passive-Aggression by Tim Murphy and Loriann Oberlin

How to Journal for Therapy:

http://arar.essortment.com/therapyjournali_repu.htm

Healing Anxiety and Depression (7 types of anxiety and depression) by Daniel Amen and Lisa Routh OR Getting Help:  The Complete and Authoritative Guide to Self-Assessment and Treatment of Mental Health Problems by Jeffrey Wood

Though harder to spot, emotional abuse is easier to deny.  But just as physical abuse has signposts to mark its presence, emotional abuse, being a systematic attack on one's sense of self, has common traits.  Physical abuse comes in degrees of severity - emotional abuse also runs the gamut of intensity and damage.

There are relationships, marriages and families that are so destructive the only option is for a person to get out.  Get out with the little bit of sanity you may have remaining.  Make a promise to yourself to leave.  Leave so you can begin a life of healing and recovery.  Leave so you can learn to live a joyful, peaceful, trusting, and fulfilling life.

Hope it helps!

All good stuff in the above post -

few more books -- Sociopath Next Door
and
Why Does He Do That?  Inside the minds of angry and controling men.

I am getting divoced after 20+ years of marriage to a man who says he was trained to manipulate, bully and betray woman. He was trained by other men. We have spend $40,000 in treatment. Just to find out he has many other problems, and it would be my opinion that he is just using the "Training" as an excuse to act out and have his way avoiding responsibility for his actions.

Just note that while some men may be "trained" others may have a mental disposition to taking this training to the extreme until it become hurtful to others. MORE THAN HURTFUL,,, damaging.

THanks for reading. Seek help if you are in a simular situtation.

April 6, 2008, 8:39 am CDT

Women Beware, turnabout

It amazes me that when women do it, no one notices, infact we applaude them for geting the "catch".  When men do it, we see articles like this or guests on Dr. Phil.

Turn about seems fair play.  Women have been marrying men for thier money for decades, why can't a man get into a relationship for "Her" money?

Turn about is fair play.  If a woman is too stupid to know the difference, to check motives at the door before jumping in the sack, she deserves what she gets.

Women have been seducing men of wealth so why can't a man do the same. I see a big double  standard.  Women have been beating up on men far to long for being men.  If it were not for the male sex drive, there would be far less children and society would not have developed as it has.

Just look at the commercials on tv, demean men, whats up with this. I think this subject is just more of the same.

Just a thought from a happyily married man of 33 years, wife is the same.

April 6, 2008, 9:21 am CDT

Kudos to you!!

Quote From: dancingfeather

It isn't true. Women don't use the *tips and tricks* to get their man and then use it for gold digging. Women's first purpose is LOVE..women think with their hearts first and SEX second and MONEY thirdly.

Men think with THEIR PENIS FIRST, THEIR HEAD SECOND AND THEIR HEARTS LAST.

Women want a good provider and that is normal. Woman want a man who can *provide* the necessary needs to build a family. Women don't use these tips to rob a man..women who do this have known how without any lessons.

Very well said and so true!!!!!!!!

April 6, 2008, 12:37 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Dr. Phil himself has endorsed techniques for winning the affections of the opposite sex.  Eye contact and appropriate touch, for example.  Furthermore, this episode seems to be mixing and confusing separate issues:  men who use women to gain their money, and men who simply want to learn how to attract the women they like.  I think this confusing of topics is a deliberate attempt to generate dislike towards some of the guests who would otherwise be likeable.

April 6, 2008, 3:59 pm CDT

I agree in part...

Quote From: lady_tinou

Very well said and so true!!!!!!!!

I agree with this in part because not all men are the same. Yeah, there are some sleeze-balls out there who never seem to think with anything BUT their penises and view women as nothing but objects designed solely for sexual service to men. It's really dispicable and wrong. 

But, not all men are like that. Thank goodness. There are more men out there who would rather think with their hearts first instead of their penises, and genuinely do care about the women they persue, or are already with. It's the slimey, sex-driven ones that give the other type a bad name. It's not fair.

And yes, women can be just as sleezy too. Ever heard of the show "the Bad Girls Club?" I saw about a half an hour of that show, and it seemed to me that all it was was nothing but a bunch of self-centered, drama-queens at eachother's throats the whole show. One of them was proudly talking about how she didn't care if she fooled around with someone while seeing someone else. She said his feelings meant nothing to her and that she actually gets enjoyment out of being extra mean to someone when she dumps them. Direct quote from her was "I just love to feel like I'm stomping all over their heart. I like being just super mean when I do it." I immediately thought..."What a b****"

April 7, 2008, 3:01 pm CDT

You are sooooo wrong!!!!!!!

Quote From: ktjktjktj

On the cover of every issue of Cosmo you'll see listings like "Tips and Tricks to Get the Guy of Your Dreams".  It  would seem that it's perfectly fine for women to learn techniques to get what they want from a relationship, but wrong for men to do it.  This is just another example of "Dr." Phil's man-bashing to pander to his demographic.
This topic did hit a nerve with you. If the hat fits, wear it. Dr. Phil is not doing any man bashing to my knowledge. He is just telling the things the way they are

MOST OF THE TIME when women seek for tips on how to get a man ( and yes there are the other kind of women out-there "the gold-diggers" but they are not the majority) they are looking for their sole-mate, a man that they can trust, with whom they can build a compatible and a solid relationship and maybe have a family eventually.

However, MOST OF THE TIME when men are looking for tips on how to get a woman (yes, there are lots of good men out there and I must say that in general they do not need those tips) it is to play them, have a one night stand, to add another trophy to their address book or even worse to just have fun with them. They have no regards for the woman's feelings.

In any case, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, these people who like to play and manipulate (man or women regardless of their gender) will eventually get what they deserve.

No... it is not wrong for men to look for tips on how to attract women when it is for the right reasons. It's just that very often when men do it, it is for the wrong reasons!!!

A Canadian viewer.

April 7, 2008, 7:54 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: lady_tinou

This topic did hit a nerve with you. If the hat fits, wear it. Dr. Phil is not doing any man bashing to my knowledge. He is just telling the things the way they are

MOST OF THE TIME when women seek for tips on how to get a man ( and yes there are the other kind of women out-there "the gold-diggers" but they are not the majority) they are looking for their sole-mate, a man that they can trust, with whom they can build a compatible and a solid relationship and maybe have a family eventually.

However, MOST OF THE TIME when men are looking for tips on how to get a woman (yes, there are lots of good men out there and I must say that in general they do not need those tips) it is to play them, have a one night stand, to add another trophy to their address book or even worse to just have fun with them. They have no regards for the woman's feelings.

In any case, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, these people who like to play and manipulate (man or women regardless of their gender) will eventually get what they deserve.

No... it is not wrong for men to look for tips on how to attract women when it is for the right reasons. It's just that very often when men do it, it is for the wrong reasons!!!

A Canadian viewer.
MOST OF THE TIME when men are looking for tips on how to get a woman its because they are tired of being told "Let's just be friends."  These are the nice guys that women claim to want, yet reject at every opportunity.

April 8, 2008, 5:18 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: ktjktjktj

MOST OF THE TIME when men are looking for tips on how to get a woman its because they are tired of being told "Let's just be friends."  These are the nice guys that women claim to want, yet reject at every opportunity.
It might be helpful to you if you didn't speak as if all women think and act exactly the same way.  Believe it or not, women are individuals. Boobs? Yes. Vaginas? Yes. The exact same minds and personalities? NO!

If you are getting the same reaction from EVERY woman maybe it's time to check out the common denominator...you...not "women"....

April 8, 2008, 6:03 pm CDT

Preview for this episode

This is going to be an interesting episode.  When are they going to post the trailer or preview for it?  Nothing happens when I click on it.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last