Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Women Beware!

Number of Replies: 352
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 04, 2008, 02:15:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Women beware: Men are on the prowl! Some guys win your heart and dupe you for thousands of dollars, while other men learn the slick techniques of pick-up artists so they can get you in the sack! Go inside a classroom where single men are being taught The Mystery Method -- a step-by-step technique on how to meet, attract and date beautiful women. The instructors say this method teaches guys to be more confident. When the students hit the bars, will The Mystery Method help them land a lady? What do the women think of their techniques? Then, meet Ross Jeffries, the self-proclaimed "Father of Seduction." He says he’s taught thousands of men to seduce women through language. Now he fears that he’s created monsters, because many of his followers are seducing woman through deception, and he says that’s exactly what The Mystery Method is all about. A heated debate ensues between Ross and The Mystery Method instructors, Nick and Scott. Is Ross’ technique actually as benign as he claims? And, Victoria says she fell in love for the first time with a guy whom who she thought was the perfect man, until he she says he ended up scamming her out of $100,000. Did Victoria miss the warning signs? How can she pick up the pieces of her broken heart and move on? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 8, 2008, 6:36 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: rainpainrain

It might be helpful to you if you didn't speak as if all women think and act exactly the same way.  Believe it or not, women are individuals. Boobs? Yes. Vaginas? Yes. The exact same minds and personalities? NO!

If you are getting the same reaction from EVERY woman maybe it's time to check out the common denominator...you...not "women"....
OK, Clearly you didn't understand what his guy was saying. He was saying most guys who try to search for advice about women are guys who are generally GOOD MEN, but they just don't know how to communicate there awesome personalities to new women without acting boring or creepy or weird etc. And thats why they get the "Lets just be friends" talk from women whenever they make a move.

Also he NEVER said he had this problem, so why are you assuming he does and bash him for it?

As for the rest of your post. Yes, women are individuals and have different wonderful personalites, but they DO REACT Positively to certain traits found in a man. Such has high self esteem, confidence, the ability to lead, dominance, playfulness, good bodylanguage, good vocal tonality, strong eye contact, humour, sincerity.

Now Understand Attraction can not be Faked, but a guy who is bad/average with women can work on developing more of the traits I listed above and turn into that "cool confident dream man" you always wanted. and that's what MOST guys who are learning to get better with women, are looking for. I know this is true because I am a Dating Coach in my city and most of the guys I help are truely good men. They love women and they want to improve on the good qualties they have and remove the bad stuff that turns off women. (and no this isn't changing your personality at the core so don't freak out when you read this) It means they focus more on keeping and improving the positive qualities they have and remove/stop doing the bad things (like anything creepy or socially awkward stuff they DON'T REALIZE, they are doing.)

So I hope that clarifies things for you.

April 8, 2008, 7:26 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: xfs123

OK, Clearly you didn't understand what his guy was saying. He was saying most guys who try to search for advice about women are guys who are generally GOOD MEN, but they just don't know how to communicate there awesome personalities to new women without acting boring or creepy or weird etc. And thats why they get the "Lets just be friends" talk from women whenever they make a move.

Also he NEVER said he had this problem, so why are you assuming he does and bash him for it?

As for the rest of your post. Yes, women are individuals and have different wonderful personalites, but they DO REACT Positively to certain traits found in a man. Such has high self esteem, confidence, the ability to lead, dominance, playfulness, good bodylanguage, good vocal tonality, strong eye contact, humour, sincerity.

Now Understand Attraction can not be Faked, but a guy who is bad/average with women can work on developing more of the traits I listed above and turn into that "cool confident dream man" you always wanted. and that's what MOST guys who are learning to get better with women, are looking for. I know this is true because I am a Dating Coach in my city and most of the guys I help are truely good men. They love women and they want to improve on the good qualties they have and remove the bad stuff that turns off women. (and no this isn't changing your personality at the core so don't freak out when you read this) It means they focus more on keeping and improving the positive qualities they have and remove/stop doing the bad things (like anything creepy or socially awkward stuff they DON'T REALIZE, they are doing.)

So I hope that clarifies things for you.
"Such has high self esteem, confidence, the ability to lead, dominance, playfulness, good bodylanguage, good vocal tonality, strong eye contact, humour, sincerity."

That is a HUMAN trait and unfortunately not ALL men AND women do react to THOSE things, healthy people generally would...but it's not a gender issue

And "dating coach"? Really?

I am just a firm believer in individuality...coaching someone on how to date seems like it is nothing more than personality make-up.

April 8, 2008, 8:54 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

"Such has high self esteem, confidence, the ability to lead, dominance, playfulness, good bodylanguage, good vocal tonality, strong eye contact, humour, sincerity."

That is a HUMAN trait and unfortunately not ALL men AND women do react to THOSE things, healthy people generally would...but it's not a gender issue

I am just a firm believer in individuality...coaching someone on how to date seems like it is nothing more than personality make-up.

I'm only talking about the Women being attracted to men point of view, because attraction is different for both sides. For example, men are more visually stimulated, so physical looks in a women is higher on the "attraction scale" to men. While women value personality higher than looks in a man they want. This is why you see average looking to slightly below average looking guys, who have awesome personalities, dating or marrying super attractive women. But this is not to say one or the other trait is hugely more important over the other, cause that's not true, but they are measured differently for both sexes.

And yes men can grow and develop these skills because I've seen many guys do it including myself. I use to be more shy and more reserved. I had trouble keeping eye contact with attractive women and would be intiminated to approach them for fear of rejection. But now I've taught myself to be more fearless, more confident, more outgoing and charismatic and generally more happy with myself over all. So now approaching and dating women is easy for me. So yes men can develop these skills and still keep there "core identity" and be gunuine.

As for your comment about healthy people generally reacting to the traits I listed...why would you not want to attract a healthy person into your life. (:

Yes, I really am a dating coach and yes there are a bunch of companies that try and teach men how to be better with women. For example, Ross Jefferies has Speed Seduction company and Savoy & TheDon have The Mystery Method(which they bought from Eric Von Markovik AKA "Mystery") which I believe is called Love Systems now.

Ross Teaches more NLP(Neuro Linguistic Programming) and Hypnotic types of things which I don't really believe in, but to each his own. While Love Systems(aka the new Mystery Method) even thought they have tried to transition into a more natural style of game, Teaches approaching by the M3 Model. the M3 Model is broken down into Attraction, Comfort, Seduction, with each section having certain things done in it. Like for example in the Attraction phase you first open the group or person, then you do something to show the group you have high value, which will cause the girl you want to be attracted to you, and then the last part of the attraction phase, is show the group that your now interested in a specific girl and give her something to qualify your reasons for liking her.

But overall I think most companies are converting over to teaching a more natural style of game, because its more genuine and less "routine" dependent and it works. I know, I said before, attraction can not be faked and it's true, but if the right guy, who has these good traits in him, is saying whatever routine or line, then it will most likely work.)

Oh and this episode of Dr.Phil was recorded over a year ago, so I'm assuming some of the stuff they will talk about is more old, but it should be a good watch either way. I Can't wait (:

April 8, 2008, 9:31 pm CDT

Good point, lets apply it.

It might be helpful to you if you didn't speak as if all women think and act exactly the same way.  Believe it or not, women are individuals. Boobs? Yes. Vaginas? Yes. The exact same minds and personalities? NO!

If you are getting the same reaction from EVERY woman maybe it's time to check out the common denominator...you...not "women"....
You make a very good point.  If a man finds that women react badly to him, he may want to consider doing something different.  The question is "what?".  That's what these men teach.  Should they be vilanized for teaching it?

April 8, 2008, 10:35 pm CDT

they can, they just are smart enough!!

Quote From: jeanjohnso

Why can't women or men go to the police dept and request a back ground check on people they are worried about or get a gut feeling things are not quite right. This should be public records.
Anyone can go to their local Department of Criminal Investigation (or whatever your state calls theirs) and for a mere $15 get a background check on anyone!

April 8, 2008, 10:38 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: ktjktjktj

You make a very good point.  If a man finds that women react badly to him, he may want to consider doing something different.  The question is "what?".  That's what these men teach.  Should they be vilanized for teaching it?
Villainized? No...but it's gross. The class described above is about seducing beautiful women...that is gross. It's about manipulating another human being in order to get something out of them that you couldn't get HONESTLY.

April 8, 2008, 10:38 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Really, I'm not trying to knock you...I just don't really buy the concept of a "dating coach"...to each their own right?

April 8, 2008, 11:53 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Villainized? No...but it's gross. The class described above is about seducing beautiful women...that is gross. It's about manipulating another human being in order to get something out of them that you couldn't get HONESTLY.
Many men are attracted to women with specific qualities and apperances just as many women are attracted to men with specific qualities and apperances.  I don't think that's gross.  Humans choose mates for various reasons just as all creatures do.  Ask different men what they consider attractive and you will get different answers.  I don't think that doing what women already respond to could be considered manipulation.  Avoiding boring topics of conversation, standing with good posture, and making eye contact is not manipulative, but some people just need to be shown the right way to do it.  As for getting something that you couldn't get honestly we would also have to include contact lenses, hair coloring, diet, exercise, and general good grooming as dishonest techniques for both men and women.

April 9, 2008, 10:42 am CDT

Look out

ladies or dudes if the person that is around you seems too good to be true then there is a real possiblity that they are. I'd get to know a person first before i get into a relationship with them first. Then if they start asking for money then I'd get suspicious then do some checking on them. 9 times out of 10 they end up scamming you if you are looking.

April 9, 2008, 12:08 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: ktjktjktj

Many men are attracted to women with specific qualities and apperances just as many women are attracted to men with specific qualities and apperances.  I don't think that's gross.  Humans choose mates for various reasons just as all creatures do.  Ask different men what they consider attractive and you will get different answers.  I don't think that doing what women already respond to could be considered manipulation.  Avoiding boring topics of conversation, standing with good posture, and making eye contact is not manipulative, but some people just need to be shown the right way to do it.  As for getting something that you couldn't get honestly we would also have to include contact lenses, hair coloring, diet, exercise, and general good grooming as dishonest techniques for both men and women.
Manipulating a woman because you want to get into her panties is gross.  I think it's just fine to like people who look a certain way, but from what I have read on the description of this show this is about MORE than that. This is about making yourself appear to have a different PERSONALITY and CHARACTER in order to seduce a woman, in order to get her into bed. THAT is gross.

And the last part of your post shows exactly WHY these superficial qualities are SUPERFICIAL. It's just like polishing dog crap...you can look good on the outside EASILY. All it takes is a little buff up. Your personality is harder to shine up. If you lie about the things you LIKE to talk about, if you lie about the way you NORMALLY are as a person for the simple reason of getting into someone panties, that is GROSS.

If you want to change as a person change for yourself, at trite as that sounds, there is wisdom in it. People don't want to have others put on an elaborate character changing, personality changing act just to get their loins lubed.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last