Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Women Beware!

Number of Replies: 352
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 04, 2008, 02:15:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Women beware: Men are on the prowl! Some guys win your heart and dupe you for thousands of dollars, while other men learn the slick techniques of pick-up artists so they can get you in the sack! Go inside a classroom where single men are being taught The Mystery Method -- a step-by-step technique on how to meet, attract and date beautiful women. The instructors say this method teaches guys to be more confident. When the students hit the bars, will The Mystery Method help them land a lady? What do the women think of their techniques? Then, meet Ross Jeffries, the self-proclaimed "Father of Seduction." He says he’s taught thousands of men to seduce women through language. Now he fears that he’s created monsters, because many of his followers are seducing woman through deception, and he says that’s exactly what The Mystery Method is all about. A heated debate ensues between Ross and The Mystery Method instructors, Nick and Scott. Is Ross’ technique actually as benign as he claims? And, Victoria says she fell in love for the first time with a guy whom who she thought was the perfect man, until he she says he ended up scamming her out of $100,000. Did Victoria miss the warning signs? How can she pick up the pieces of her broken heart and move on? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 9, 2008, 2:42 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: rainpainrain

Manipulating a woman because you want to get into her panties is gross.  I think it's just fine to like people who look a certain way, but from what I have read on the description of this show this is about MORE than that. This is about making yourself appear to have a different PERSONALITY and CHARACTER in order to seduce a woman, in order to get her into bed. THAT is gross.

And the last part of your post shows exactly WHY these superficial qualities are SUPERFICIAL. It's just like polishing dog crap...you can look good on the outside EASILY. All it takes is a little buff up. Your personality is harder to shine up. If you lie about the things you LIKE to talk about, if you lie about the way you NORMALLY are as a person for the simple reason of getting into someone panties, that is GROSS.

If you want to change as a person change for yourself, at trite as that sounds, there is wisdom in it. People don't want to have others put on an elaborate character changing, personality changing act just to get their loins lubed.
Wanting sex is not gross.  Men want certain things in a relationship, just as women want certain things.  The only reason that any of us are here right now is because at some point someone wanted sex.  The only reason that men take women out on dates, buy them flowers, etc. is to get them into bed, is that also manipulation, or are these "romatic" gestures encouraged?

For some men their natural inclination is to talk about Rubik's Cubes and Star Trek.  If they find that this does not work well should they accept their fate or should they do something different?

Many people, both men and women, improve themselves to become more attractive to the opposite sex.  There is nothing wrong with that.

April 9, 2008, 3:31 pm CDT

Attraction can NOT be faked

Manipulating a woman because you want to get into her panties is gross. I think it's just fine to like people who look a certain way, but from what I have read on the description of this show this is about MORE than that. This is about making yourself appear to have a different PERSONALITY and CHARACTER in order to seduce a woman, in order to get her into bed. THAT is gross.

And the last part of your post shows exactly WHY these superficial qualities are SUPERFICIAL. It's just like polishing dog crap...you can look good on the outside EASILY. All it takes is a little buff up. Your personality is harder to shine up. If you lie about the things you LIKE to talk about, if you lie about the way you NORMALLY are as a person for the simple reason of getting into someone panties, that is GROSS.

If you want to change as a person change for yourself, at trite as that sounds, there is wisdom in it. People don't want to have others put on an elaborate character changing, personality changing act just to get their loins lubed.
I know you feel it's manipulation, but I want to remind you what I said. Attraction can NOT be faked. You can NOT take a guy and give him some 'lines' and magically expect him to get a women. It doesn't work like that because the 'self' is always coming through. The guy trying these 'tactics' or 'lines' will mess something up like, maybe he will be to quiet, or have nervous body language, or maybe when the women 'tests' him to see if he actually is the guy he projects to be...he reacts badly to her test and 'fails it'. So for instance maybe the guy starts off with a playful tease and then the women says something mean back to see how he handles social pressure and then the guy adjusts his body and reacts negatively to her words, instead of just ingoring or dealing with her line with a playful way.

But I do see where you are coming from. You think, the guys who learn all this stuff are doing it to manipulate women and get into there pants which is impossible to do. Because like I said already. ATTRACTION CAN NOT BE FAKED. And you know this is true, you're a women and you can tell when someone is bull$%^&*ing you and when someone is being the real deal. thats why I said, you have to develop and internalize these strong characterists as a man, if you want to be more sucessful with women. And no, once again this does NOT mean you are Changing your Core Personality. Anyways, if you still don't agree, then that's cool, I'll live and so will you (:

April 9, 2008, 4:49 pm CDT

Girls on the show

The girl featured on this show in the red is BEAUTIFUL!  Looks so interesting.. they must have sent the guys out and tried their new techniques.  Cool concept.

April 9, 2008, 5:34 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: ktjktjktj

Wanting sex is not gross.  Men want certain things in a relationship, just as women want certain things.  The only reason that any of us are here right now is because at some point someone wanted sex.  The only reason that men take women out on dates, buy them flowers, etc. is to get them into bed, is that also manipulation, or are these "romatic" gestures encouraged?

For some men their natural inclination is to talk about Rubik's Cubes and Star Trek.  If they find that this does not work well should they accept their fate or should they do something different?

Many people, both men and women, improve themselves to become more attractive to the opposite sex.  There is nothing wrong with that.
" Wanting sex is not gross."

Who said wanting sex is gross? I never said that...who said that?!

Getting sex out of manipulating (lying) is GROSS and unethical.

"The only reason that men take women out on dates, buy them flowers, etc. is to get them into bed, is that also manipulation, or are these "romatic" gestures encouraged?"

Wow, SOME men are that way. THOSE men often get told "I just want to be friends." LOL Not all men are that way. I am so sick of so many shallow making all men out to be like that. They aren't.

"For some men their natural inclination is to talk about Rubik's Cubes and Star Trek."

For some women it is their natural inclination to be interested in Rubik's Cubes and Start Trek. Wow, what a match!

" If they find that this does not work well should they accept their fate or should they do something different?"

You mean, manipulate. You mean, lie and pretend to be someone else in order to get into a woman's panties.

"There is nothing wrong with that."

Well, we'll have to disagree there. If you are looking for a meaningful relationship then there is something wrong with that. If you are looking to lie your way into the sack, then go for it.

April 9, 2008, 5:40 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: xfs123

I know you feel it's manipulation, but I want to remind you what I said. Attraction can NOT be faked. You can NOT take a guy and give him some 'lines' and magically expect him to get a women. It doesn't work like that because the 'self' is always coming through. The guy trying these 'tactics' or 'lines' will mess something up like, maybe he will be to quiet, or have nervous body language, or maybe when the women 'tests' him to see if he actually is the guy he projects to be...he reacts badly to her test and 'fails it'. So for instance maybe the guy starts off with a playful tease and then the women says something mean back to see how he handles social pressure and then the guy adjusts his body and reacts negatively to her words, instead of just ingoring or dealing with her line with a playful way.

But I do see where you are coming from. You think, the guys who learn all this stuff are doing it to manipulate women and get into there pants which is impossible to do. Because like I said already. ATTRACTION CAN NOT BE FAKED. And you know this is true, you're a women and you can tell when someone is bull$%&*ing you and when someone is being the real deal. thats why I said, you have to develop and internalize these strong characterists as a man, if you want to be more sucessful with women. And no, once again this does NOT mean you are Changing your Core Personality. Anyways, if you still don't agree, then that's cool, I'll live and so will you (:
"You can NOT take a guy and give him some 'lines' and magically expect him to get a women. It doesn't work like that because the 'self' is always coming through."

Well then...I guess con-men aren't at fault...because the "self" always comes through...right?

"Because like I said already. ATTRACTION CAN NOT BE FAKED. And you know this is true, you're a women and you can tell when someone is bull$%^&*ing you and when someone is being the real deal."

Yes it CAN be faked..and yeah, I am a woman, but sorry, my uterus didn't come with extra-sensory-perception! LOL People fake each other out all the time. I don't get you at all. Con-men, liars, charismatic cult leaders...these are all people who LIE and get others to do what they want. There is no magical "I can tell who is real" sense in humans.

April 9, 2008, 7:33 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: dancingfeather

It isn't true. Women don't use the *tips and tricks* to get their man and then use it for gold digging. Women's first purpose is LOVE..women think with their hearts first and SEX second and MONEY thirdly.

Men think with THEIR PENIS FIRST, THEIR HEAD SECOND AND THEIR HEARTS LAST.

Women want a good provider and that is normal. Woman want a man who can *provide* the necessary needs to build a family. Women don't use these tips to rob a man..women who do this have known how without any lessons.

Oh, please. I have met plenty of gold-diggers, and women who married for money and/or US citizenship. I have never ever met a gigolo -- they are very very rare.

I think it's inappropriate for Dr. Phil to mix men learning the social skills they need to be better with women, with scam artists. There is no correlation whatsoever.

I think it's disgusting for someone to have such a distorted view of men as you expressed.

And I have news for you, there are plenty of women who don't know how to get a man, and they do look for lessons in magazines and dating coaches.

And there are plenty of books for women offering lessons on picking up wealthy men.

April 9, 2008, 10:57 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

"You can NOT take a guy and give him some 'lines' and magically expect him to get a women. It doesn't work like that because the 'self' is always coming through."

Well then...I guess con-men aren't at fault...because the "self" always comes through...right?

"Because like I said already. ATTRACTION CAN NOT BE FAKED. And you know this is true, you're a women and you can tell when someone is bull$%&*ing you and when someone is being the real deal."

Yes it CAN be faked..and yeah, I am a woman, but sorry, my uterus didn't come with extra-sensory-perception! LOL People fake each other out all the time. I don't get you at all. Con-men, liars, charismatic cult leaders...these are all people who LIE and get others to do what they want. There is no magical "I can tell who is real" sense in humans.

We are debating two different things. You are debating about con men and I am debating about Attraction. So point is Yes, People can lie to other people to get there way if they want, i agree with that, and those people are bad. However when it comes to ATTRACTION, this is something that can not be faked, and thats why I was talking about the self coming through. Which is more a concept with attraction, not if someone is manipulating someone or not.. I am talking about the dating and relationship dynamic, not whether someone can lie to someone and use them or not.

April 10, 2008, 8:51 am CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

You know, if a woman did this, she'd be called a prostitute- trading sex, or the promise of it for money and assets.  Really, they're not even lying to get into their panties, they just want someone else's $ and if they happen to get laid in the process, hey, it's icing on the cake.  That's just awful, it's basically manipulative theft.

April 10, 2008, 11:00 am CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: gwarrior6

You know, if a woman did this, she'd be called a prostitute- trading sex, or the promise of it for money and assets.  Really, they're not even lying to get into their panties, they just want someone else's $ and if they happen to get laid in the process, hey, it's icing on the cake.  That's just awful, it's basically manipulative theft.

I thinks it's again necessary to untangle two different issues that have become blurred in this episode.  Issue 1:  men who con women out of money.  I think we all agree that's bad.  Issue 2: men who make an effort to attract the women they like and the men who teach them how it's done.  I don't see a problem there.

April 10, 2008, 10:48 pm CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

I was just reading about this Mystery Method...it's absolutely disgusting and demeaning towards the very basis of humanity!

WOW!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last