Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Women Beware!

Number of Replies: 352
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 04, 2008, 02:15:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Women beware: Men are on the prowl! Some guys win your heart and dupe you for thousands of dollars, while other men learn the slick techniques of pick-up artists so they can get you in the sack! Go inside a classroom where single men are being taught The Mystery Method -- a step-by-step technique on how to meet, attract and date beautiful women. The instructors say this method teaches guys to be more confident. When the students hit the bars, will The Mystery Method help them land a lady? What do the women think of their techniques? Then, meet Ross Jeffries, the self-proclaimed "Father of Seduction." He says he’s taught thousands of men to seduce women through language. Now he fears that he’s created monsters, because many of his followers are seducing woman through deception, and he says that’s exactly what The Mystery Method is all about. A heated debate ensues between Ross and The Mystery Method instructors, Nick and Scott. Is Ross’ technique actually as benign as he claims? And, Victoria says she fell in love for the first time with a guy whom who she thought was the perfect man, until he she says he ended up scamming her out of $100,000. Did Victoria miss the warning signs? How can she pick up the pieces of her broken heart and move on? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 11, 2008, 5:47 am CDT

Victoria.

It never ceases to amaze me how people allow themselves to be victims. I mean Victoria had all these red and yellow flashing WARNING signs right in front of her face and yet continued to let this guy victimize her. I mean c'mon........I don't mean to be rude here and I apologize ahead of time of how this is going to sound, but why would a Dallas Cowboy be interested in dating her?? I consider myself an average looking guy and that would be like me thinking a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader was interested in me!!!! Let's use some common sense here people!!!!

April 11, 2008, 6:57 am CDT

Really?

I completely agree with the comment below.  As a single woman who has experienced advances from men employing these techniques, I am still able to say that women MUST take responsibility for their own reactions and responses.  Any man can come and ask for any amount of attention or initiate any conversation.  However, women who have a sense of personal purpose and integrity aren't easily swayed by some cleverly placed hair product and witty banter.  Taking a position such as this one may mean another weekend out with the girls and without a diamond ring...  but, I think it's worth it!

I'd love to see the guy who thinks he'd get $100,000 out of me...  it would ultimately cost him A LOT more than that!

April 11, 2008, 7:00 am CDT

Show some intergrity!

I registered for this board just so I could react to this show.
The men running these workshops (besides being manipulative, disgusting, and having only 1 objective in mind--which is not a relationship) had 1 thing in common: they come from a place of total disrespect for women. If you want to honestly meet girls, it is lame that you have to rely on these 'techniques.' Try paying attention what women want instead of what YOU want. Develop real confidence and social skills outside the stupid bar and you'll be able to approach women with integrity in any situation.

Why are people still going to BARS to meet others? If you're serious about wanting to genuinely meet a man or woman, try relying on your friends and social network. Meet people THROUGH the people you know. It's a lot safer, easier, and more genuine.

Ladies, a guy who is genuinely into you will not play ridiculous mind games or mess with your confidence. He will be kind and build you up from the very beginning. Be wary of the guys who approach you at bars.

April 11, 2008, 7:30 am CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: PennyLane78

I was just reading about this Mystery Method...it's absolutely disgusting and demeaning towards the very basis of humanity!

WOW!
I feel the same way about all of the manipulative tactics in "The Rules" books. And even about "Love Smart" by Dr. Phil himself -- which is being advertised on the right side of my screen as I type -- advice for women on how to manipulate and "fix" men.

April 11, 2008, 7:54 am CDT

Must Be Desperate

Since we as women outnumber the men, sure I see it might be hard to find the one that is close to perfect for you. But, come on.  Most of the women that I know, that crap wouldn't work.  My girlfriends and I have been through a lot of crap a long time ago.  We know what we want, whether it is just sex, companionship, and so on, and we also know the power of the vagina!  We know what we are workin' with and we totally would not get "caught up" in that type of deception and manipulation.  In fact, WE would lose THEIR number!  My message to all women, be confident, feel you lives with good friends, keep your money in your pocket (which I totally don't understand how you can give up money to any man), take your time to get to know someone, do a background check (you know that's public knowledge!!) and don't be desparate!

April 11, 2008, 7:54 am CDT

Give Me A Break!

What is wrong with people??  This is a two-way street.

If a woman is dumb enough to jump into bed with a man who she doesn't REALLY know (no, a "name", "career" & talking for an hour at a bar is not KNOWING someone), then she gets what she deserves.

Shame on him for his deceit & shame on her for being so naive.

WHERE is the common sense??

April 11, 2008, 8:10 am CDT

women beware

I haven't even watched the whole program, because I DVR'd it this morning. I have never posted anything, but I HAVE to say this. I just watched the segment with the "father of seduction": what a creepy man!!

I really liked the first guys, I understand about wanting to 'present your best self' - I'm not good at small talk at all - and wish I had someone to teach me now to do it. I am 52 and married, but there was a long period of time in my thirties when I didn't even TRY to meet guys because I was so shy and uncomfortable meeting strangers. I liked the first guys, I understood what they were saying.

The self-proclaimed 'father of seduction' is giving himself too much credit, is being unfair to the first guys, and to use his term: he is  f****** creepy; it is hard to believe he can claim any 'success' at all.

April 11, 2008, 8:33 am CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Quote From: sunnydazed

What is wrong with people??  This is a two-way street.

If a woman is dumb enough to jump into bed with a man who she doesn't REALLY know (no, a "name", "career" & talking for an hour at a bar is not KNOWING someone), then she gets what she deserves.

Shame on him for his deceit & shame on her for being so naive.

WHERE is the common sense??

I agree!  Too bad common sense is not very common!  These techniques may work on women who are naive to get them in bed.  These techniques will not lead to a meaningful, lasting relationship!  So the men using this method have deceptive, manipulative intentions.  In the end the true person will come out and who wants to be in a relationship built on lies and twisted stories?!  I think some women are just as guilty as these men for being deceptive and taking advantage of men.  People need to get to know someone before giving more to them than you are willing to lose!  If theone is not looking for a one night stand then one won't be dupped into one no matter what "technique" is used!  LOOK PAST THE COVER or you set yourself up to be taken advantage of.  As Dr. Phil says "You teach people how to treat you."  So very well put - It is a two way street!

April 11, 2008, 9:30 am CDT

What does it matter

HOW you meet someone? Your true self comes out in the end. I don't understand how people can view taking a course as misleading or decietful. If you date someone you will learn who they trully are and if you ignore the warning signs, SHAME ON YOU!

Debra

April 11, 2008, 10:59 am CDT

Interesting

I was thining about one of the statagies these men teach in order to approach a woman that they are interested in. It was the one were they knock the woman down a peg or two to bring her down to a more humane level? I had a gut reaction to that. The reason being is that the men that find the woman unapporachable is due to their lack of self esteem not hers.

But in order for them to feel she is more appraochable they use a strategy to knock her self esteem lower and get her into defending her sense of self?

Uh to me that is just wrong.

The assumtion is that if a person is beautiful to some one they are unapproachable, and their self esteem has to be knocked down a peg or two, this is so backwards! What should be really focused on is the person who's self esteem and perception of self is so low that they feel that they have to do this in order to be able to engage in a conversation with some one they are attracted to.

HAHA honestly if a man appraoched me then made even light hearted disperaging remarks about my apperance, I am going to not waste my time defending why my nails, although he may think they are nice are real or fake lol.

It is superficial to me and if I was given a compliment and then have the very same compliment negated in the very same breath, uh yea ok thanks for not giving me the compliment i thought you were giving me lol cya.

but to get back to my original though, these individuals that find women they are atracted to as unaproachable based on their looks really should be taking courses in how to embrace their own qualities, goodness, value, and worth, Self love is the greatest love, because with out it how in the world can you possibly understand how to love another individual.

furthermore, if it is just a good time you are looking for, well for petes sake be honest enough to say so, lol, a lot of the women that go to bars are simply looking for a good time as well, perhaps not the good time you are looking for, but what ever.

And to be brutaly honest, we do not really know a person based on one meeting, and every one has a past and that past may influence their present, meaning the beautiful woman that you are bringing down a peg or two might have low self esteem already... and you are just reinforcing that perception of herself, uh ya nice guy...

Get real, if you want to compliment have enough self esteem to be genuine about it...or say nothing at all.

Tammy

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last