Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Women Beware!

Number of Replies: 352
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 04, 2008, 02:15:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Women beware: Men are on the prowl! Some guys win your heart and dupe you for thousands of dollars, while other men learn the slick techniques of pick-up artists so they can get you in the sack! Go inside a classroom where single men are being taught The Mystery Method -- a step-by-step technique on how to meet, attract and date beautiful women. The instructors say this method teaches guys to be more confident. When the students hit the bars, will The Mystery Method help them land a lady? What do the women think of their techniques? Then, meet Ross Jeffries, the self-proclaimed "Father of Seduction." He says he’s taught thousands of men to seduce women through language. Now he fears that he’s created monsters, because many of his followers are seducing woman through deception, and he says that’s exactly what The Mystery Method is all about. A heated debate ensues between Ross and The Mystery Method instructors, Nick and Scott. Is Ross’ technique actually as benign as he claims? And, Victoria says she fell in love for the first time with a guy whom who she thought was the perfect man, until he she says he ended up scamming her out of $100,000. Did Victoria miss the warning signs? How can she pick up the pieces of her broken heart and move on? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 5, 2008, 5:23 am CDT

Preditors

Why can't women or men go to the police dept and request a back ground check on people they are worried about or get a gut feeling things are not quite right. This should be public records.

April 5, 2008, 6:39 am CDT

Whatis THIS Mystery Method all about?

The only logical explanation I can offer to this abombination of a love technique is its creators, Nick and Scott, got so burned in past romances, maybe even marriages, that they created this technique as means over getting revenge, getting back what women stole from them.  I don't know what to say about this except this is so pathetic, it's not even funny.

What the hell is up with you two?  Do you think women are so spoiled and materialistic, that women treat men as if they're made of money?  Let me tell you that while SOME do, that doesn't count for ALL women.  Let me guess, you picked up a few golddiggers in your lives, and now you want some of that money back.  There are more subtle ways of getting it, like getting jobs.  Look at all the men out there who put their profiles on Internet dating sites looking for love, relationships and marriage.  Or do you think they're suckers?  Whatever, I'll bet they'd be embarrassed at what you're doing, and they'd rather take instructions from cartoon characters on how to pick up and date women.  All I know is I haven't gotten into the dating game, and yet I am turned off by what you have to offer.  Let me tell you right now, I want no part of it.

I'm just starting work on a novel, and in that novel, my protagonist is a young man who becomes a controversial radio personality.  SPOILER: He gets so burned in his marriage (his wife will cheat on him constantly throughout their whole marriage, and even give birth to a baby that he finds out is not his) that when he gets divorced, not only does he swear off women ("The only women I can trust now are those I can't legally marry!") and devote much of his time to the children that ARE his, but he also goes on an anti-female tirade, claiming that all women will treat their husbands and boyfriends the same as he was treated.  He would even agree to have "Romeo and Juliet" barred from the high school English curriculum, calling it "a stupid, overrated play."  Still, I would have to be crazy to make him come up with something like this.  Can't make my plot unrealistic, now can we?

I'm so glad that Ross Jefferies, the Father of Seduction, has seen the err of his ways, and I can't wait to see him rip some new ones to you.

"Women Beware" is right.  These are not men who value women, marriage or families (don't know about children, though,) and crap like this is the reason why marriage and families continue to be out of vogue in 2008, after all these years.  You should be ashamed of yourselves! 

April 5, 2008, 7:30 am CDT

HOW TO FIGHT BACK AND REPORT MISC FRAUD

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is very committed to investigating identity theft, internet, telephone, and mail fraud.  The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers report, spot, stop, and avoid them.

Education is a key tool to prevent consumer injury.  The following link to the FTC website, you'll find publications with advice on avoiding scams and rip-offs, as well as tips on other consumer topics and reporting identity theft, internet and consumer fraud.

www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm

To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit www.ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261.

The FTC enters identity theft, internet, telemarketing, mail and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad. 

Hope it helps!

April 5, 2008, 7:36 am CDT

WHY IS IT ALWAYS ABOUT YOU??? - PROMISCUITY AND INFIDELITY

If you are with in a relationship with someone, you expect the relationship to grow and deepen over time; you expect a heart connection to be made and maintained.  You operate your life based on this expectation.  When your partner in the relationship does not or cannot make an emotional connection, the relationship becomes very painful.  Some of my favorite books that provide a great introduction and insight into personality types most capable of repeated infidelity are:

Why Is It Always About You?  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss AND Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward

Malignant Self Love:  Narcissism Revisited by Sam Vaknin MAYBE The Professional Bachelors Dating Guide:  How to Exploit Her Inner Psycho by Dr Brett Tate

Get Me Out of Here:  My Recovery From Borderline Personality Disorder by Rachel Reiland OR Girl Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen AND Stop Walking on Eggshells by Paul Mason and Randi Kreger

Healthy Boundaries Workbook: Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills to Set and Maintain Better Boundaries by Deborah Deiboldt Legge OR Overcoming Passive-Aggression by Tim Murphy and Loriann Oberlin

How to Journal for Therapy:

http://arar.essortment.com/therapyjournali_repu.htm

Healing Anxiety and Depression (7 types of anxiety and depression) by Daniel Amen and Lisa Routh OR Getting Help:  The Complete and Authoritative Guide to Self-Assessment and Treatment of Mental Health Problems by Jeffrey Wood

Though harder to spot, emotional abuse is easier to deny.  But just as physical abuse has signposts to mark its presence, emotional abuse, being a systematic attack on one's sense of self, has common traits.  Physical abuse comes in degrees of severity - emotional abuse also runs the gamut of intensity and damage.

There are relationships, marriages and families that are so destructive the only option is for a person to get out.  Get out with the little bit of sanity you may have remaining.  Make a promise to yourself to leave.  Leave so you can begin a life of healing and recovery.  Leave so you can learn to live a joyful, peaceful, trusting, and fulfilling life.

Hope it helps!

April 5, 2008, 11:39 am CDT

04/11 Women Beware!

Just what we do not need, a school for gigolos.

April 5, 2008, 12:39 pm CDT

"Mystery Method"

Last year, VH1 aired a short series called "The Pickup Artist"; where this self-proclaimed "Master Pickup Artist" guy named "Mystery" and two of his "sidekicks" attempted to "train" these guys to follow in his/their footsteps.  The show was quite entertaining and, if nothing more, helped these otherwise shy guys become more outgoing and assertive as far as approaching/meeting women were concerned; other than having some of the women buy drinks for THEM, they were harmless and didn't seem to try and "pull one over" on any of the women they met.  That was TV...the reality of this scenario is that single women MUST BE EXTRA-CAREFUL with whom they try and "hook up"; I myself have been out of the dating scene since I got married almost 22 years ago ~~ back then, we didn't have the internet at our disposal and the ONLY opportunity you had to meet the opposite sex was either through friends or at bars.  I still think it's much safer to meet people IN PERSON rather than on the internet, as you can better judge their character while you're face-to-face and spending some time with them.

OXO
Lucy B.

April 5, 2008, 12:57 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Beware Doctor Phil/Robin Women! That is the truth the hold truth and nothing but the truth so help me------

God. Amen!  See you on Friday April 11th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------

April 5, 2008, 4:14 pm CDT

A Double Standard

On the cover of every issue of Cosmo you'll see listings like "Tips and Tricks to Get the Guy of Your Dreams".  It  would seem that it's perfectly fine for women to learn techniques to get what they want from a relationship, but wrong for men to do it.  This is just another example of "Dr." Phil's man-bashing to pander to his demographic.

April 6, 2008, 3:41 am CDT

Absolutely Not reccommendable

I find it very sad when people resort to this kind of ways. It is hard enough for us women to find someone who is sincere and have to watch out for gold diggers without now having these two numbskulls *teaching* men how to do it.

More women than men get *fleeced* than men do because *we* women have good hearts. A guy that I was going out with, told me, this .*M.J. I could take you for all or little money you have, why? Because us men know women who have good hearts are an easy prey. I live that way but with you I will not do it because you are truly a real person, more than just a good heart.* One morning I got up and he was gone, never to be heard of again. I cried but I then realized that he had done me a great favor and since then I know the signs of men who want a woman just for her money.

What I do to begin with when a man starts to complain and that is what they do to get money from you..I say, *oh, I am so sorry for you but maybe you should get a second job, the money I have is for myself and my family, besides *Men* are supposed to be the providers and I find it not attractive when a man asks money from me.

Trust me they don't stick around. Besides, a man who truly loves you doesn't ask for money and if you do lend some, make sure you have it written down on paper and notarized. If he is offended then you know he isn't sincere and won't pay you back.  When we are in a relationship it is normal to help each other out but not you doing all the *helping*.

I do it with finesse..if anyone asks me for money, I don't refuse, I say, * I am on a budget, I will see if I can and will call you back.* I never do..and more than likely that person has found a way to get it and won't call you back if you don't.

Now, I tell men, if you are looking for a sincere relationship fine but if you are looking for a woman with means so that you can live of it, forget it right now because I worked for my money and have no intention of supporting a man.  They don't stick around long ..trust me. When they see that you really mean it..poooh they are gone.

Online now there is a new thing these men are doing.. *Oh, hi my name is..I am a widow..my wife died in a car or plane crash and I have one son or daughter.* They use this to get your sympathy. I can't count how many online of men I met that use this line and they are usually businessmen they say living in Nigeria or UK or some other place in Africa and I met a few from the U.S.  Now, I tell them straight up that they are lying and when they argue I ask them to scan me a death certificate and a marriage certificate including their birthcertificate. Hahaha. I had 5 of them contact me online using the same line..funny they not around long..hahaha.

So women watch your hearts and your pocket book. A real man doesn't use your money .. he makes sure he has his own. Of course if you have been married for long time and something happens that is different but watch out if early in the relationship, he starts having money troubles, don't give them any money and you will see, one morning you will  get up and he is gone. CRY FOR JOY!

I got taken once in my life only and I didn't lose much..600$ only..from the guy whom I talked above. He left one morning after telling me that he couldn't do that to me because I was a real person and had so much love that it made him feel guilty which is something that never bothered him before.

I was lucky. 

April 6, 2008, 3:47 am CDT

Not True

Quote From: ktjktjktj

On the cover of every issue of Cosmo you'll see listings like "Tips and Tricks to Get the Guy of Your Dreams".  It  would seem that it's perfectly fine for women to learn techniques to get what they want from a relationship, but wrong for men to do it.  This is just another example of "Dr." Phil's man-bashing to pander to his demographic.

It isn't true. Women don't use the *tips and tricks* to get their man and then use it for gold digging. Women's first purpose is LOVE..women think with their hearts first and SEX second and MONEY thirdly.

Men think with THEIR PENIS FIRST, THEIR HEAD SECOND AND THEIR HEARTS LAST.

Women want a good provider and that is normal. Woman want a man who can *provide* the necessary needs to build a family. Women don't use these tips to rob a man..women who do this have known how without any lessons.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last