Message Boards

Topic : 04/14 The Dr. Phil House: House of Greed

Number of Replies: 465
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 11, 2008, 08:16:44 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've heard the sayings, "Money can't buy happiness," and "Money is the root of all evil," and the newest family to move into The Dr. Phil House lives up to both of these adages! They’re engaged in a vicious war of finger-pointing and accusations over money, land and Mom's will. One daughter is slated to inherit everything while the other won’t get one red cent. How did a piece of land two family members purchased together become a royal battle ground? Family therapist Dr. Tara Fields, brings this family face to face for an emotional encounter. But will they participate? When sisters Lisa and Sara face off, who calls whom lazy and worthless, and will the siblings decide to put their grievances aside? Then, Dr. Phil makes a house call. Why is he fed up with this family? And, when Sonja's granddaughter makes a surprise visit with an emotional plea, you won't believe how Sonja responds. Can Dr. Phil get this family to focus on reuniting instead of dividing their land? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 25, 2008, 3:06 am CDT

Not ALL Stepmothers are EVIL

Quote From: dove456

I understand exactly what you mean. I am not doing a power struggle with them, I don't think so anyway! They have done so many rotten things to me, I always treated them with respect. I have given them my time, cleaned rooms when they came to visit, put up with doors being slammed in my face for no reason. It was over going to a therapy session with all of them so we could work on things to help my husband through his beginning depression before diagnosis of alzheimers. The children sat there for an hour pointing fingers at every thing their father did wrong all the years they grew up! I kindly interupted and asked them if they knew how much their father loved them? I know all this! Seeing them sit their and degrade him this badly they he stayed in his room for 3 days and would not get out of bed to eat or anything. What a mess that was to clean up!

Their father has supplied his four children with money, home and cars for the last 40 years, none of them have jobs. Daddy has always given them anything they needed. I think it is time for them to stand on their own feet and get a job. They have not seen their father in 2 years. They only call him when they need money! It is really sad to see him treated this way. They all have trust funds, etc. but the worst part of it is when he passes away, the money he has given them to live on are all signed contracts, notorized and such that there is almost 1 million dollars that has to be paid back into the estate before it can be settled.

I never asked to be their mother, I only asked for respect! I wanted to get to know them! But they never let me in. They call and tell me what to do, not ask! Even when I have called them in the past when my husband has had a heart attack I would be respectful and give them all the information. They are his children, but I feel I have been abused long enough.  The children I am sure could be nice, but they have pushed me to far! I have really tried to be nice to them. I think about their father! On his birthday or any holiday, he sits and cries all day becasue they have not called him, I finally pick up the phone and dial their numbers so he can be happy! I don't know what else I can do to be a part of this family. My children treat my husband with the utmost respect! They visit him at the nursing home often, they call, my grandchildren send him cards. His family does not send anything at all. Not even at Christmas, no gifts, I even sent them all a list of things he could use. After Christmas he said to me, I guess my kids don't care for me, I also sent them all (family tradition) a $1,000) for each of them. I have tried to be nice. Thanks

When my mother met my father he had a 6 year old adopted son. My brother's adoptive mother left him and my father on the side of the street with all of their belongings and just took off. She left them because my brother is Korean by birth and she didn't want that in her family. She has NEVER been a part of my brothers life, not ever. It was my mother, his stepmother, that kissed his owies and read him those Fairytales you made reference to. Our mother helped keep food on our table and a roof over our heads. She sat waiting durring my brothers long and intensive surgery when he was 7 years old and my dad was out of the country serving our militairy. She worried and cried for him, not caring that she did not birth this child he was her child in heart. It is not easy for anyone to find their place in a ready-made family. Giving birth does NOT make u a mommy any more than donating sperm makes u a daddy. Those special names are said with love. A child is not born knowing how to love, he is taught that. His enviroment shapes who he will be when he is a man, and sometimes those enviroments have stepmothers and stepfathers. Fairytales are just simply works of imagination, they hold no basis on ordinary life, unless of corse I've missed the singing dancing 7 dwarfs in my livingroom.

April 26, 2008, 9:30 am CDT

04/14 The Dr. Phil House: House of Greed

I watched both these episodes back to back on TiVo and I sat frozen and shocked at this woman.
How could she be so cold and hateful to her own child? She is a bitter b**** and I hope her daughter and grand kids find peace.

April 26, 2008, 8:43 pm CDT

Yeah!

Quote From: mgla071

There is something very wrong with that mother. She has worked very hard to pit the two girls against each other. Perhaps the first daughter reminds her too much of her father, the ex. I don't know but it was obvious she had no insight to anything she might have done to encourage this rift and no intention of trying to see it and correct it. She was also very cold and uncaring to her granddaughter. I think she is a sociopath, incapable of seeing anyone's pain or concerns except her own. Those girls would both do well to get the heck away from her. She is like a poison.
 I TOTALLY agree with you.  The woman's a sociopath.  Something tells me that this whole situation is more about control and less about the will and that should the mother pass away, you'll see the two sisters start to build the relationship they've always wanted.

May 16, 2008, 5:18 pm CDT

Trust left by my husband and I.

My husband and I set up a Trust Fund for our six children because we thought it would save five of our children from having to deal with their oldest brother and his family after we were gone. 

Well, sadly, it did not work out that way and the oldest son threw away close to $100.000.00 of our hard earned savings by taking the five other children to court to dispute the way we set up the Trust Fund. 

June 7, 2008, 12:20 pm CDT

Your right the choice is mine

Quote From: lynlovel

first, let me say that i'm sorry you and your family are going through so much pain. but i'm a little confused -- you're in a battle over property with your mother, but you are siding with lisa's? why is your mom wrong but lisa's right? also, if this is affecting your son's health, isnt it your job to try to calm things down? to start some healing? whatever. good luck to you.
Maybe I wrote this in a confusing fashion, I have taking back control over my life and stopped trying to save the world. I have learned the most important thing in my life is my direct family, I will no longer worry how the rest of my family lives, I will no longer feel sorry  for people who choose to stay in bed all day and drink all night. My obligation is to take care of my son whom these people have hurt. I was sad for a long time, I thought poor me. But no more. I should have never tried to help my mother aquire a home. These people live like they do for a reason. I will not feel guilty for what I have worked for no more. We are now 8 months and 14,000.00$ in attorneys fees with this legal battle with no resoultion in site. I cannot believe the court system allows things like this to continue, but I do have a choice to not let them take away my drive and will to have a happy healthy life. My advise to everyone out there, never help family when it comes to money.

First | Prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | Next Page | Last Page