Message Boards

Topic : 04/17 "You're a Liar!"

Number of Replies: 109
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 11, 2008, 08:22:29 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Everyone has fibbed at one time in their life, but what happens when those white lies turn into dark deceptions? Parents and siblings face off with loved ones to say, "You're a liar, and we're sick of it!" Annie says her younger sister, Abby, lies so much that no one in their family believes a word she says. They say she has lied about doing drugs, stripping for a living and being the victim of parental abuse. When Dr. Phil surprises Abby with a drug test, will she pass it? Then, Abby says her sister and parents are the ones telling untruths. When she accuses her father of abusing her as a child, what does he have to say? And, why does Abby say she's always felt unwanted? Then, Mary Ann says her 28-year-old son, Jon, has been a chronic liar since he was a child. She says he fabricates everything from grades to money, and his irresponsible ways have put her and her husband in financial ruin. What's Jon's reason for not telling the truth? And, see what happens when he gets a surprise visit onstage from his brother! Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 12, 2008, 7:02 am CDT

Sister is a Liar

Dr. Phil

This is a subject that is very serious to me. I am one of 4 sisters and one Brother. I am "the middle child" My sister that is one year older than me, is what I call a habitual liar. She could not tell the truth if it meant that her life depended on it. She has been  this way as long as I can remember. Her habit if not telling the truth continues to this day and has gotten progressivley worse. As a child she ran away from home constantly, did drugs, slept with strangers, tried suicide and things I dont even care to mention and/or remember. Her 3 year old son died when she was 21 and like I mentioned, she has progressivley gotten worse with the lies. She now ( for the past few years) tries to convince the family that she is blind she gets assistance from SSI and walks around the family with a cane however,  when she isn't around the family she walks around freely with no cane and while in conversation has said things like"I love that sweater" or "you have a speck of something on your face" She gets totally PO'd when you say something that lets her know you dont believe her. I have told her I dont believe her. She got angry and she got over it, she doesn't talk to me much but I would rather not talk to her if this is the way she wants to live. She goes from Doctor to Doctor to get medications hospital to hospital for treatments. and we have tried desperately to talk to Doctors and Nurses to let them know what she is doing. No one will listen!! she has claimed she has cancer, liver disease, kidney disease, Brain tumors, hip replacements, Melanoma.... The list is a mile long. Now I believe she is anorexic she is 49 years old and if she weighs 80# I would be more than surprised. I have no clue as well as the rest of my family, as to how to help her. My parents are 69 and 80 and she keeps them in a constant state of worry. It drives me insane. I just believe that there is no help for her and if this young lady on your show doesnt get some help now this is what her parents could be looking at in the not so distant future. I am looking forward to this show because I have often thought about what you would say about my sister the liar.

April 12, 2008, 9:40 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

A Are Doctor Liar Phil. That is not true. I was a never liar before and never will do it again. See you on Thur-

sday April 17th, 2008.  Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------------------------------------------------------------- 

April 12, 2008, 12:41 pm CDT

Liars in the family

Quote From: babs1960

Dr. Phil

This is a subject that is very serious to me. I am one of 4 sisters and one Brother. I am "the middle child" My sister that is one year older than me, is what I call a habitual liar. She could not tell the truth if it meant that her life depended on it. She has been  this way as long as I can remember. Her habit if not telling the truth continues to this day and has gotten progressivley worse. As a child she ran away from home constantly, did drugs, slept with strangers, tried suicide and things I dont even care to mention and/or remember. Her 3 year old son died when she was 21 and like I mentioned, she has progressivley gotten worse with the lies. She now ( for the past few years) tries to convince the family that she is blind she gets assistance from SSI and walks around the family with a cane however,  when she isn't around the family she walks around freely with no cane and while in conversation has said things like"I love that sweater" or "you have a speck of something on your face" She gets totally PO'd when you say something that lets her know you dont believe her. I have told her I dont believe her. She got angry and she got over it, she doesn't talk to me much but I would rather not talk to her if this is the way she wants to live. She goes from Doctor to Doctor to get medications hospital to hospital for treatments. and we have tried desperately to talk to Doctors and Nurses to let them know what she is doing. No one will listen!! she has claimed she has cancer, liver disease, kidney disease, Brain tumors, hip replacements, Melanoma.... The list is a mile long. Now I believe she is anorexic she is 49 years old and if she weighs 80# I would be more than surprised. I have no clue as well as the rest of my family, as to how to help her. My parents are 69 and 80 and she keeps them in a constant state of worry. It drives me insane. I just believe that there is no help for her and if this young lady on your show doesnt get some help now this is what her parents could be looking at in the not so distant future. I am looking forward to this show because I have often thought about what you would say about my sister the liar.

For liars life gets comlicated. I think that it is a way to control the environment they live in. Problem is that lies can catch up to you. As you noticed, she has slipped up. But trust me, you are not the only one she does this to. The lack of control on what people think, may have come out in her anorexia. I do think the show will help. I will listen very carefully because my 10 year old girl has always lied more than she should and when she gets caught she exlodes. When we ask her why she lies so much, she does not know. I hope the show will answer to both of our questions.

April 12, 2008, 1:04 pm CDT

Liars Depised

After my brother/father and mother/grandmother (long story for another show) viciously lied and said awful things, Richard even managed to get me arrested by lying, I have no tolerance for liars, none, so when I found out my husband of 19 years had been lying to me about money issues and continued blatantly lying this past year, I finally wisend up and threw him out Christmas morning, I think back and realized I have to own up to some of the fault, because I overlooked things that he had lied about over the years.

Accept for 1 brother (who lies too) who helped me out after I was kicked out of my moms house (we lived with her to take care of her) I have no family left, and only 2 people I call friends.  I absolutely trust no one anymore, and while it seriously affects my life I cannot stand for people to lie, because they lie about stupid things.

Being  41, disabled and not able to work because of my back and other health issues the final decision to kick my husband out and raise my 12 year old alone (who lies to me too) on a very limited income was one of those life changing pivotal moments I faced, I would rather be homeless than live with a liar for the rest of my life.

Like Dr. House (tv show) says "Everybody lies!" I believe it, like I said I trust NO ONE!!! My whole family are liars, I knew from childhood my half-sister Robin was a habitual liar and learned not to believe her, but to have my mother and brother tell such gut retching lies and ruin my life, I would have never believed my husband would do what he did, and to keep lying after I busted him. I have been called blatantly honest, because I don't believe in lying, I have cognitive memory dysfuntion, so I don't lie because I don't want to have to remember who I told what to. Judge Judy said it best "You don't have to have a good memory if you don't lie"!!!

April 12, 2008, 2:45 pm CDT

You're a Lier

I have custody of my two grandchildren for almost two years now.  The oldest is 2 and the youngest just turned 1.  My Son and Daughter-in-law have lied about any-thing and every-thing.  The first child was a meth baby and the next one had fetal alcohol syndrome, they deny this to this day although medical proof is there.  The parents have used their family for money  with lying and deciet in an effort to help the gain control ove their lives for their children, ( oh...by the way...they are expecting their 3rd child in July...and are both only 19 years old!.)  The family is fed up with the deciet and the lies!  What is going to happen to this next child is unknown but we all hope that child protection will become involved so the child has a chance.  I am 48 years old and my husband is 54.  We can not take this new child.  The lies still continue and they still are trying to use their children to futher benefit their own needs.  Don't allow your family members to take over your life with their lying...This is what can happen and it is a stressful situation to deal with and to end!

April 12, 2008, 8:12 pm CDT

liar

EVER HEARD LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRER  WELL ITS TRUE LIARS NEVER PROSPER. A LIE IS A LIE. LIES HURT PEOPLE. STOP THE LIEING THINK HOW YOU WOULD FEEL IF YOU WERE THE ONE BEING LIED TO IT WOULDNT FEEL SO GOOD WOULD IT???????

April 13, 2008, 6:43 am CDT

PATERNITY TEST KITS - OVER THE COUNTER

Paternity test kits are the latest example of how genetics testing is pushing into the consumer marketplace, fueling competition not only in paternity issues but also in ancestry research (many purchasers are adults who still have questions about who their parents are or were).  Genetic paternity tests are widely available online.  Experts are warning consumers that some laboratories doing the testing are not required to meet federal or any genetic testing standards.

Over-the-counter test kits are now available.  These over-the-counter test kits are now available in some local stores - except those in New York, where state law requires a court order or medical prescription. 

www.dnatesting.com 

The kits cost about $30. They contain cotton swabs for taking cells from inside the mouth, which are then placed in sealed plastic bags and sent with a consent form and an additional fee to an accredited lab.  Results are available in three to five days and can be accessed on
line.  Assuming that the information listed on the form sent in with paternity kits is correct; the test is 99.9 percent accurate for paternity. 

The tests cannot be used in legal proceedings because there is no verification that the samples come from the people who are listed on the forms sent to the laboratory. Legally valid tests cost about $350 with Identigene. 

With some paternity tests advertised on the Web for as little as $89.  Buy from a company whose laboratory is accredited for crime scene processing and by the American Association of Blood Banks, which set standards for handling and processing samples.

Hope it helps!

April 13, 2008, 8:15 am CDT

Liars

This one hits home with a vengence.   My boi mom is a liar.  She lies to make herself look good, like she does no wrong.  She will tell you " I can't stand a liar", if we were still on speaking terms I would have to ask her..."so, are you telling me you can't stand yourself because you are a liar". I have caught her in so many lies.  Lies have no purpose only to hurt another person.  My oldest daughter has this same malady, Dr Phil is this herititary? (just kidding but seriously I have wondered about it.

April 13, 2008, 9:51 am CDT

Liars

Liars are so good that they could talk SATAN from hell. Where ever there is a liar things become snowballs and feuds can become so out ragious that people become only a shell of who they are. If we can't get along with family or neighbors, how can we teach the future generations how it works, the right way?  I truly hope you are able to see who is lying and can help them.  But, some times an apology is NOT a good thing. If you find that a liar has caused so much pain, what will you do?  I will be watching this program with great interest. Thank you. 

April 13, 2008, 2:51 pm CDT

you're a liar

Hi Dr. Phil

Can't wait to see this one My name is Hannelore Wilson I come from a family of six kids  I have two older sisters and three older Brothers and in my family my mother and father could always tell if we were lieing

so I can't wait to see what happens.

see you on Thursday at 4:00pm

H Wilson

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last