Message Boards

Topic : 04/18 Exhibitionists

Number of Replies: 87
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 11, 2008, 08:23:11 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
How far would you go to get attention? Mark holds the unofficial streaking record of 444 streaks. He has snuck onto the field during the Super Bowl, the courts at Wimbledon and the ice at the 2006 Winter Olympics ... all in his birthday suit! He's speaks with Dr. Phil via satellite, because he's not allowed in the United States due to the charges against him. Next, Laura's daughters say they're mortified when they're in public with their mom because she dances, sings and speaks loudly. She says they need to lighten up and have more fun! Is Laura really having a good time or is something deeper driving this behavior? Then, meet a woman who thought she had the perfect marriage, until her husband posted nude pictures of her on a Web site where men "share" their wives. She says she's humiliated and doesn't know if she can ever trust her him again. What does Dr. Phil say she must do? And, hear from Bob, a reformed exhibitionist and voyeur, who wants to teach you what to watch for so you don't become a victim. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 18, 2008, 1:40 pm CDT

Daughter

I'm very sad for this woman and her daughters.  This woman obviously has a mental issue or illness and is struggling.  Yet, one daughter mentions that her mother was in her church talent show and not a member of this church herself.  What church teaches their congregation that people who aren't members aren't welcome?  Do you decide to be a member the minute you walk through the door?  That is very insensitive, especially of her daughter.

It sounds like she just doesn't want her mom at her church, maybe she should just be honest about her feelings instead of pretending.

April 18, 2008, 2:19 pm CDT

why are you doing this?

Dr Phil,
You are making a joke of a very serious mental disease that has destroyed many lives like my own. I've overcome this illness with many years of therapy, and it makes me sick to see you treating this like some kind of joke.
If you would bother to take a few minutes to read the DSM, you would find out very easily that exhibitionism has nothing to do with running through a soccer game naked, And nothing to do with attention. Any freshman psych major could have done the same. Where are you getting your information, and why is it so important to have a funny show at the expense of  the american psychological establishment??
There are alot of people out there that could use help, and you are just making a joke of something VERY serious....why???.
You've just spent an hour making fun of my illness, I hope you and your viewers have enjoyed yourselves.

April 18, 2008, 2:21 pm CDT

04/08 Exhibitionists

I dont see that being naked is something dirty or perverted.  Im from the UK and streaking at sports events is something of a national tradition!  Its not supposed to be sexual or disgusting.  Its more about having fun and flouting the normal sense of whats expected.

I think Europeans are less worried about nudity.  I went to many nudist beaches in France with my parents (admittedly my parents didnt know they were nudist beaches!)  and I was not scarred by the experience.  Many beachs that are not nudist allow topless, and we dont give it a second thought.

The human body is a beautiful thing, and we are all made the same underneath.  I wonder why so many people are shocked by seeing the body in its natural state? Being naked does not always have sexual connitations.

April 18, 2008, 2:35 pm CDT

leave him

Quote From: yolandar

I read this storey over and over and I come to only one conclusion which would answer this poor woman . ' LEAVE HIM LEAVE HIM THROW HIM AND HIS THINGS OUT AND THIS IS AFTER YOU DELETE EVERY PICTURE ON THE COMPUTER THEN GET A HAMMER AND IN FRONT OF HIM BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE COMPUTER' This man neighter loves her or respects her . Counseling NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I wouldn't even bother. Love only goes to a certain point and when repect leaves the marriage and love leaves with the person. THROW HIM OUT.......... Mrs. Yolanda Rourke

i m completely disgusted by these people that thinking they should be strong by forgiving these CREEPS,gal get real ,,life is what u make it...not this crap u r in with this CREEP....U R BETTER THAN THAT ,EVERYONE SHOULD WAKE AN SMELL THE ROSES INSTEAD OF THE  BEING IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION,,,, I CALLED IT HELL 30 YEARS AGO ,IT TOOK ME 16 YEARS TO DECIDE THERE WAS MORE TO LIFE  THAN A ROOF OVER MY HEAD,AN NICE THINGS,...I MOVED ON ,,,WENT TO SCHOOL ,,,WORKED HARD ,,,FOUND MYSELF AN BLOOMED LIKE A ROSE ,IF I CAN ,ANYONE CAN,,I PRAY THAT GIRL LISTENS TO DR. PHIL,   ,,,AN DARE S  TO HAVE DREAMS OF A  REAL ,TRUE LOVE,,,,  IT CAN HAPPEN,IT DID FOR ME.THERE IS ALWAYS PROBLEMS IN LIFE ,BUT   THAT BOOB SHOOTER IS CREEPY.              BJT                  

April 18, 2008, 2:42 pm CDT

Guest Mentally Ill?

The mother who embarrsses her daughters with her overly-enthusiastic behavior shows every sign of suffering from at least a mild form of bipolar disorder. I am surprised that Dr. Phil didn't recognize this and at least suggest therapy. The highs, lows, rationalization, and inappriateness of her behavior is outside of healthy definitions.

April 18, 2008, 2:42 pm CDT

OY! Can I relate or WHAT?

OMG, my sister belongs on this show today and I really hope she watched it! She gets SO LOUD out in public, like she thinks everyone is really interested in what she's saying or doing, or acts like she believes everyone wishes they could be her. And when she gets with her best friend, it gets WORSE. Her friend is the one she learned it from back when they were teenagers, and when they're together, they don't care where they are or who they're around, they just get louder and louder, and I really think it's because they both think they're so awesome, who wouldn't want to bask in their light? Believe me, the rest of us have NO DESIRE to be even near their light, especially their own kids, and if you try to call them down, they get even louder and just accuse you of being a "prude" or a "party pooper". It just comes across as immature behavior to most everyone who experiences it, and I wish they would both take a look at themselves from our view and see how much they are embarrassing themselves and everyone around them.

April 18, 2008, 2:46 pm CDT

A different view...

Quote From: jaimiem

I'm very sad for this woman and her daughters.  This woman obviously has a mental issue or illness and is struggling.  Yet, one daughter mentions that her mother was in her church talent show and not a member of this church herself.  What church teaches their congregation that people who aren't members aren't welcome?  Do you decide to be a member the minute you walk through the door?  That is very insensitive, especially of her daughter.

It sounds like she just doesn't want her mom at her church, maybe she should just be honest about her feelings instead of pretending.

I don't think that's what her daughter meant - I think what she was saying was, since the talent show is intended for church members, and since her mother would like to be involved each year, that maybe she ought to at least join the church so she doesn't seem like she's just using the church's annual event to gain some attention.

April 18, 2008, 2:52 pm CDT

Laura the exhibitionist

Quote From: mmmarty

Sure Laura could get counseling and tone it down some, but if she has a need to get this out of her system maybe she could consider coaching / teaching little kids, they would appreciate her energy and being an extravert. Or perhaps she could be a professional clown. 
I think she's such a basically sweet person, I hope she does tone it down.  If she were a teenager, she would be the life of the party, but at her age loudness is not attractive, and being enamored of a star to the degree she is as an adult is simply pathetic.  (Thank goodness she didn't name Amethyst Mauve, as she's like 99% of Americans, unaware of the correct pronunciation, Move with a long 'o'. Perhaps newer dictionaries will give in to popular mispronunciation and allow Mawve, though.)

April 18, 2008, 2:52 pm CDT

TAMMY TAMMY WHY WOULD YOU PUT UP WITH THIS?

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN GO BACK TO HIM?

ONCE HE IS DOING THIS HE WILL KEEP DOING THIS.

AND TAMMY GET HIM OUT OF YOUR LIFE FOR GOOD.

AS THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU.

DR PHIL GOOD FOR YOU ON THIS MATTER.

AS THAT IS NOT A GOOD HUBBY. TAMMY YOU CAN FIND BETTER OUT HERE GF.

ENJOY YOUR LIFE AND BE HAPPY HE IS NOT LETTING YOU BE HAPPY.

Cinco Dancer  Cinco De Mayo 3

April 18, 2008, 2:55 pm CDT

I agree

Quote From: PennyLane78

Oh please...looking at a penis never HURT anyone.  It's not as if he's stroking it or trying to get people to participate in a sexual act.

It's a penis!

And NOW you are going to compare molestation of a child to someone running across a football field naked?

How does a man running naked pollute a human mind?

It doesn't polute the mind ... but remember the whole superbowl Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction" where people got a glimpse of her nipple.  People bleow that out of proportion and some people tried to sue claiming psychological damage (or something like that)

People like to overreact for nothing.... it's just something to laugh at and if questions from young'uns come about - make something up about how silly he is and drop the subject.  Plain and simple.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last