Message Boards

Topic : 04/18 Exhibitionists

Number of Replies: 87
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 11, 2008, 08:23:11 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
How far would you go to get attention? Mark holds the unofficial streaking record of 444 streaks. He has snuck onto the field during the Super Bowl, the courts at Wimbledon and the ice at the 2006 Winter Olympics ... all in his birthday suit! He's speaks with Dr. Phil via satellite, because he's not allowed in the United States due to the charges against him. Next, Laura's daughters say they're mortified when they're in public with their mom because she dances, sings and speaks loudly. She says they need to lighten up and have more fun! Is Laura really having a good time or is something deeper driving this behavior? Then, meet a woman who thought she had the perfect marriage, until her husband posted nude pictures of her on a Web site where men "share" their wives. She says she's humiliated and doesn't know if she can ever trust her him again. What does Dr. Phil say she must do? And, hear from Bob, a reformed exhibitionist and voyeur, who wants to teach you what to watch for so you don't become a victim. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 18, 2008, 2:57 pm CDT

Exhibitionists

Quote From: brisson1

I dont see that being naked is something dirty or perverted.  Im from the UK and streaking at sports events is something of a national tradition!  Its not supposed to be sexual or disgusting.  Its more about having fun and flouting the normal sense of whats expected.

I think Europeans are less worried about nudity.  I went to many nudist beaches in France with my parents (admittedly my parents didnt know they were nudist beaches!)  and I was not scarred by the experience.  Many beachs that are not nudist allow topless, and we dont give it a second thought.

The human body is a beautiful thing, and we are all made the same underneath.  I wonder why so many people are shocked by seeing the body in its natural state? Being naked does not always have sexual connitations.

Sexual connotations or not, there are not many naked bodies which are not embarrassing.  France, Europe...o.k.,  "when in Rome", but it is not our custom and I think that's a good thing.   There are enough horrid looking people in the way they dress today without disgusting us with their undress. 

April 18, 2008, 2:58 pm CDT

we-ell - here's my opinion

Quote From: brisson1

I dont see that being naked is something dirty or perverted.  Im from the UK and streaking at sports events is something of a national tradition!  Its not supposed to be sexual or disgusting.  Its more about having fun and flouting the normal sense of whats expected.

I think Europeans are less worried about nudity.  I went to many nudist beaches in France with my parents (admittedly my parents didnt know they were nudist beaches!)  and I was not scarred by the experience.  Many beachs that are not nudist allow topless, and we dont give it a second thought.

The human body is a beautiful thing, and we are all made the same underneath.  I wonder why so many people are shocked by seeing the body in its natural state? Being naked does not always have sexual connitations.

Maybe i'm somewhat of a prude but I draw the line at nudist beaches.   I honestly don't think it is appropriate for a family including minor children to go to a nudist beach.   What adults do is their own business, but to bring young children and expose them to that kind of thing, I don't think it's right.  

Going topless at a beach - well I'm in agreement with that i suppose, but fully nude, no not with minor children.

April 18, 2008, 2:59 pm CDT

Mexifornia is right

Quote From: poppyseed454

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN GO BACK TO HIM?

ONCE HE IS DOING THIS HE WILL KEEP DOING THIS.

AND TAMMY GET HIM OUT OF YOUR LIFE FOR GOOD.

AS THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU.

DR PHIL GOOD FOR YOU ON THIS MATTER.

AS THAT IS NOT A GOOD HUBBY. TAMMY YOU CAN FIND BETTER OUT HERE GF.

ENJOY YOUR LIFE AND BE HAPPY HE IS NOT LETTING YOU BE HAPPY.

Cinco Dancer  Cinco De Mayo 3

Too many silly women give in and go back.  I cannot even imagine it.  I don't know what Cinco de Mayo has to do with anything.

April 18, 2008, 3:08 pm CDT

04/18 Exhibitionists

Quote From: PennyLane78

I don't think they are pervs, just because something is done naked doesn't make it automatically perverted.
I am sure there are some streakers who see this as just a way to flash a lot of people, but for the most part this is just silly and funny.

I don't think the point is that his penis is showing, I think the point is the surprise of it...watching someone run maniacally through a sporting event naked is HILARIOUS to a lot of people LOL!!!

You know what a lot of people think is funny that I find to be in bad taste? Dane Cook.
Not familiar with Dane Cook.......?

April 18, 2008, 3:08 pm CDT

What about your kids

Tammy  if he cannot take pictures of you, he will most likely take advantage of the kids. athe kids would not know, if they are young, that it is wrong, and this will impact their lives forever. PLEASE take him out of the house ans get counseling for yourself, so that you can get a professional opinion about the dangers of letting him be alone with his kids.

I would have never let him not give me his password for that website. You don't ask for it, you get an injunction from the court ordering him to let you have it andtake your pics down.

April 18, 2008, 3:15 pm CDT

04/18 Exhibitionists

Quote From: cndrlla

Here's what I saw that was so very obvious in Laura: she has a huge amount of anger and pain, both of which motivate her to be loud and obnoxious and exhibitionistic. She always wanted to be an actress, singer, dancer, and is deeply hurt and very angry because her dreams didn't come true. When I saw her break down in tears and trying to hide behind laughter at the same time, it all fell into place. The anger and pain came out then. Her message to the world is: "If you won't allow me to be seen in the way I've dreamed of, I will MAKE you see me in another! I won't be ignored."

She's also very childlike in her speech and mannerisms....like a little hurt kid.

I hope people out there will see her in this way before discounting her as a "nut". She deserves compassion, not ridicule. 

April 18, 2008, 3:30 pm CDT

This streaking is harmless

Mark is my hero and I personally invite him to our Olympics in BC Canada in 2010! I'll even buy him a pint of beer.

Seriously, what he is doing is harmless if ask me. If anything its a good giggle and really, who has the nerve to do what he has? Not many people. Life is short... sometimes we should just go out and do something silly.

I just wish I knew what day and time National Streaking Day was... I'd start a group on Facebook for those who word dare just to try it once.

And if nudity offends you, remember we were all born with no clothes on. This doesn't mean I think we should walk the streets without any on. But one good streak (or In Mark's case several at major events) is just a good giggle at the end of the day. Nothing wrong with that.

If people choose to debate his doing that, or anyone else for a laugh... I think you need to look at more serious issues in the world.

April 18, 2008, 4:10 pm CDT

Tammy and Laura

I am horrified that Tammy let this man back in. If she has no concern for her welfare, she should consider her children. This man has no boundaries, and she needs counseling as she obviously has no self respect.

Tammy, do not let your children think this is the way a real man acts. Throw his nasty behind out, don't wait for garbage day, put him on the curb now.

Laura, you have two very gracious daughters who should not pay for what you are not. Amethyst is a beautiful gem, not a sock of a celebrity. Please watch the video of the show until you really get it that your children come before you. You saying you did not see it until today was only for the camera and confrontation. I was embarassed for you, and feel for the grandchildren that may need to avoid you. Use the help that is offered, leave your children something other than embarrassment. 

April 18, 2008, 4:20 pm CDT

Get out there too.........

Quote From: medicmands

Mark is my hero and I personally invite him to our Olympics in BC Canada in 2010! I'll even buy him a pint of beer.

Seriously, what he is doing is harmless if ask me. If anything its a good giggle and really, who has the nerve to do what he has? Not many people. Life is short... sometimes we should just go out and do something silly.

I just wish I knew what day and time National Streaking Day was... I'd start a group on Facebook for those who word dare just to try it once.

And if nudity offends you, remember we were all born with no clothes on. This doesn't mean I think we should walk the streets without any on. But one good streak (or In Mark's case several at major events) is just a good giggle at the end of the day. Nothing wrong with that.

If people choose to debate his doing that, or anyone else for a laugh... I think you need to look at more serious issues in the world.

Soooo, if Mark is your hero and you think he and what he does is so harmless and a "good giggle"...why aren't YOU out there doing the same thing? After all, "sometimes we should just go out and do something silly", right? Isn't that what you said?..........or maybe you don't think it's fun enough to deal with getting arrested. I don't know....I think if you are so convinced this is such a good thing to do, then you should be out doing it, too. 

Guess the law doesn't think it's such a good giggle after all, huh. Must be a reason.

I'm sure Mark's kids are so proud of their father.....so much to be proud of.

As far as the statement that "we are all born with no clothes on"...yeah, but, are you really trying to compare the body of an infant to the full-grown body of an adult? It's apples and oranges.

Grow up.

April 18, 2008, 4:53 pm CDT

Great Alternative for Laura!

Laura, You love to perform.  Your daughters are embarrassed.  So should you stop?  I DON"T THINK SO!  Re-direct your passion.  Join a Community Theatre group.  Believe me, they will welcome you with open arms, and put you on stage where you want to be.  Not only that, you will learn new roles, new songs, new ways to be the star that you want to be.  Your life will be so much more fun, your daughters will be PROUD of you, and You will be doing what YOU want to do.  Good Luck, Laura! 

Donna

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last