Message Boards

Topic : **Arizona: Anyone i arizona

Number of Replies: 101
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, July 23, 2005, 03:22:28 pm
Author : handwork53

I would like to talk with someone in arizona who is doing the weight loss program. Support is always good Hope to hear.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 19, 2008, 12:06 pm CDT

Kingman

Quote From: mistym

I live in oatman, and would love a buddy from the surounding areas.

Hi Misty,

My name is Janet and I live just north of Kingman.  I just watched the Dr. Phil show last night although I had dvr'd it last week.  It seemed like a good route to follow because I can't seem to make any others work.  I've been off and on WW for years and it is a good diet but I'm just bored with it now I think.  Early this year I joined the Biggest Loser diet with Dino at the Kingman Wellness Center and that was very very educational if not for anything else.  I did lose a few lbs but I stopped exercising and that was that.  I loved the diet though because it's very hard to eat everything and it's very healthy for you especially for diabetics.  But I found that if you go off the diet, you do gain it back fast just like any other low carb diet. 

Misty, do you live in Oatman the town or outside of Oatman?  We occasionally go through Oatman on the way home from BHC when we go down once a month for my hair appointment, watch a movie, maybe a dental appointment, etc.  I used to work in Laughlin, NV before I was forced to retire.

Is there anywhere locally where I can get the Dr. Phil book or is Vegas the closest?  Maybe they have it at Target?

Janet in Kingman

September 19, 2008, 12:34 pm CDT

Looking for someone to exercise with in Kingman

Hi everyone,

I just watched the Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Challenge last night but I had dvr'd it last week.  I am looking for an exercise buddy in Kingman.  I have horses and dogs and am retired at the age of 60.  I gained about 30 lbs since I retired (well actually it's been 30 lbs since 2004) but we've been on 3 cruises and I'm really getting worried about gaining more.  So if there is anyone out there that would like to get together please email me at horsetrail123@yahoo.com or on this list.  Thanks. 

Janet

P>S> Where is the best place in a small town to get the book?

September 20, 2008, 7:51 am CDT

Hello

Quote From: mariagroll

I live in gilbert also and am looking for someone to work and communicate with also.  I need to lose approx. 120# and have the book and will be starting to read it.  my email is mariagroll@cox.net

I'm in E MESA; I've been putting this off too long.  I read the book 2 yrs ago! 

My goal is to lose 100 lbs in the next 12 months.  I also would like someone to exercise with and communicate with.  I used to be physically active and want to get back to it.  I've been riding my bike to save my knees and have lost 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks. 

I lost 40 lbs 6 month's ago using the PACE system developed by Dr. Sears [Progressive Accelerated Cardiovascular Exertion] in his book "The Doctor's Heart Cure".  (Excellent).  My wife lost 30 lbs and we were walking religiously when her knee gave out.  She just had Orthoscopy and is recovering.  I may start walking again after I've lost 50 lbs, but will stick to Eliptical, Bike, and Swimming.  Also want to get back to weight lifting.

One idea is we could exercise regularly individually and get together once a week for a joint session.  Let me know.

Steve Heppe

September 20, 2008, 8:08 am CDT

OK

Quote From: fabulousbeauty

Anyone here that lives in Glendale, AZ and needs help following the Weight Loss Race, I'm willing to do it if you are.

Denise

I'm in E Mesa.  I like biking, swimming, eliptical and weight training.  I lost 40 lbs then gained it back.  I've read the book and it works, but we have to get REAL!  Right?  Any ideas on a joint effort?

Steve

September 20, 2008, 8:28 am CDT

Steve

Quote From: roxs26

i live in gilbert az also,we just moved here 9 months ago,i need friends an some weight lost also,been on all kinds of meds mainly steroids,i gained 100 pounds,maybe we all can get toghther.my emailis,foxsroxs26@yahoo.com
I'm also looking for support, fellow comiserator.  I'm in E Mesa.  Shoot me an email: heppe_s@yahoo.com.

September 20, 2008, 3:04 pm CDT

weight loss challenge

Quote From: tpackos

Hello, 

It looks like there are 3 of us in the Mesa/Gilbert area.  My name is Keri and I live in Gilbert.  I have the book I have to admit I have not read it all the way yet.  I am 5' nothing and about 240 lbs.  According to all the papers because of my height I think I am supposed to weigh about 110 lbs.  I can't even imagine that.  I have more weight then that to lose to get there!!!  I am going to take this a little at a time because as I have heard before I didn't gain this much weight overning I certainly am not going to lose it overnight.  Do you guys have any suggestions about how we can become a "team" and motivate one another? 

Hi Keri,

I'm in Gilbert and need to lose at least 120 lbs.  I would find it very helpful to have someone to correspond with for motivation and support for both or all of us.  Would you be interested in getting together to walk a couple times a week  especially since our weather is getting much nicer.  Write/email me back.  Thanks, 

Maria G.

September 20, 2008, 3:06 pm CDT

weight loss program

Quote From: mariagroll

Hi Keri,

I'm in Gilbert and need to lose at least 120 lbs.  I would find it very helpful to have someone to correspond with for motivation and support for both or all of us.  Would you be interested in getting together to walk a couple times a week  especially since our weather is getting much nicer.  Write/email me back.  Thanks, 

Maria G.

Hi Keri,

This is Maria G. and  I realized after sending my email I didn't leave my email address which is

mariagroll@cox.net

September 21, 2008, 9:59 pm CDT

Chandler, AZ

Any other gals in Chandler? I am looking for a buddie for support but also to walk or exercise with. I need to loose about 70lbs.  My email address is azbumnit@cox.net

September 23, 2008, 2:17 pm CDT

Coolidge, AZ

Quote From: jamiep

I am a 30 yr old mother of four boys.  I need to lose about 20+ pounds.  Need to find other women in the area to work out with, or late night walks, early morning walks, meet at the Y.  Maybe meet at parks with bikes. HELP!  My email is jjjpadula@hotmail.com.  Lets see if we can get something together

Hi 30 yr old mother of four boys,

I am 64, old enough to be your grandmother, but I am young in heart.  I have been on more diets than you can count, and was successful with many.  I always gained the weight back and now after retiring from school teaching, I find myself heavier than ever.  I need to lose 40 pounds because my blood pressure is high, and my knees are about to give out.  I love to walk, ride bicycles, ride horses, swim, and do yoga or thai chi. 

I would like to find a buddy who lives near enough that we could meet early in the morning to walk.  That has always been my most successful exercise. I will also post on the general board.  My e-mail is ccandpc44@aol.com.

September 23, 2008, 2:22 pm CDT

Coolidge, AZ

Anyone from Coolidge who would like to walk early in the morning?  I believe in safety with numbers and hope to get 3 or more to walk, possibly in the Heartland Ranch area.  My e-mail is ccandpc44@aol.com

First | Prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last