Message Boards

Topic : 04/21 The Dr. Phil House: House of Greed, Part 2

Number of Replies: 146
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 18, 2008, 03:19:57 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The family battling it out over land, money and Mom's will continues feuding. Lisa and her mother, Sonja, are in a dispute over dividing eight acres of land they bought together and live on. The feuding has turned so ugly, Sonja intends to leave everything in her future will to her younger daughter, Lisa’s half-sister, Sara. Although it seems the family has made some progress in healing their relationships, the petty bickering continues between mother and daughter. When Sara steps into the middle of the battle, will Sonja and Lisa listen to her plea? Sara has vigilantly stood by her mother’s side throughout the dispute, so what makes Sonja question her loyalty now? Dr. Phil's close associate, Steve Davidson, arranges an exercise to help the family get past their focus on the land. When it comes time for Sonja to express her heartfelt feelings, is she able to look her daughter and son-in-law in the eyes and admit any wrongdoing? Dr. Phil has a final sit down with the relatives and hypothesizes about Sonja's seemingly irrational behavior. Will Sonja agree with his assessment? As the family leaves The House, are they on the road to reuniting, or at a dead end? The Dr. Phil cameras follow Sonja and Lisa a few weeks later as they head into mediation over the land. You won't believe how long it took for these women to reach an agreement! But will it stick? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 21, 2008, 1:21 pm CDT

Wow Sounds Just Like My Mother & I

Watching this show really made me see what my mother & i are like, all through my life she has wanted nothing to do with me, she gave me to my grandmother when i was 4 weeks old, my grandmother had to give me back when i was around the age of 4 as my grandfather took sick and she couldnt handle us both, when i went back to my mother, it was horrible, we never got along, she always abused me, she was always doing things with my younger sister, my stepdad was the one who took care of me as my mother didnt want to, when I was 16 I had enough and moved out and back in with my grandmother, when i left she handed me all my documents such as birth certificate & such and on the envelope she wrote..."Dont know this person...she is nothing to me" i thought that was pretty harsh, I am now 26 and still have not spoken to my mother and she seen her grandson once and thats only because I was at a family members house when she came over, my son is almost 7 and he does not know who his grandmother is, he knows who is grandfather is as he seen him more often than my mother, I have not spoken to my mother since I was 16 years old, and it hurts me everyday of why...why didnt she want me, why couldnt she take care of me but could take care of my sister, I dont understand and I still dont understand, i have tried calling her and ask her but as soon as she hears my voice she hangs up, so I have given up. Funny thing is this mother on the show's other daughter who is getting everything on the will her name is sara and so is my sister who my mother cared for, my sister does not speak to me either because of my mother, I really hope they work it out, but its hard to work things out when the other person does not want to, Life is too short...maybe someday my mother would realize it but after 11 years I dont think she has :( Good Luck to you!

April 21, 2008, 1:28 pm CDT

It's all about Mom

That woman can't see beyond her nose to relate to anyone else's issues. They may win this skirmish in their family but they will never win the battle. It will just continue after this. The subject will be different , but it will still come down to a woman who is so self centered she doesn't give two hoots what she puts her daughters through.Poor MOM. SHE doesn't 'feel valued" but she can rip her daughter's gut out and not give it a second thought. I will get down on my knees and say a prayer of gratitude that she's not in MY family! And I'm not even religious.

April 21, 2008, 1:32 pm CDT

the will

OK folks,Momma isn't dead yet and from what I heard there really is no will!!Everyone needs to be aware that Mom could develop some type of health problem that could wipe out those few acres really fast.I think the husbands could be the peace makers in this if they would take off their blinders long enough to look at both wives action and realize that each of them are causing just as much friction as the other.

April 21, 2008, 1:34 pm CDT

house of greed

Sonja is selfish and manipulative. She always has to be right. Everything is her way or the highway. She will never admit anything wrong that she has done. If I was her daughter, I would not talk to her either. People like her are not worth my time. She will die a lonely old woman like Dr. Phil said. Sara is caught in the middle of it. I think Lisa is frustrated with the whole situation. Sonja will never change. Her appearance is an angry person. She never smiles.What happened to her to make her so mean?

April 21, 2008, 1:34 pm CDT

Oh my lord....

That old woman sure does enjoy 'playing the victim'...she needs a swift kick in the ***.

I would be able to stand all of about 3 seconds in the same room with her.

Thank God my mother is amazing, and loving.

Sonya doesn't even seem to grasp the concept of 'a mothers unconditional love'.

I just hope this show forces her to take a good look at herself in the mirror. What a grinch.

April 21, 2008, 2:09 pm CDT

yes, there is (a will)

Quote From: blinkenod

OK folks,Momma isn't dead yet and from what I heard there really is no will!!Everyone needs to be aware that Mom could develop some type of health problem that could wipe out those few acres really fast.I think the husbands could be the peace makers in this if they would take off their blinders long enough to look at both wives action and realize that each of them are causing just as much friction as the other.

they said it on the 1st part of the show, last week

the mom said there was not one but, then dr. phil said something but, then showed a tape of the mom , declaring that everything is to be left to the youngest one

April 21, 2008, 2:22 pm CDT

04/21 The Dr. Phil House: House of Greed, Part 2

Quote From: jasminjazz

That old woman sure does enjoy 'playing the victim'...she needs a swift kick in the ***.

I would be able to stand all of about 3 seconds in the same room with her.

Thank God my mother is amazing, and loving.

Sonya doesn't even seem to grasp the concept of 'a mothers unconditional love'.

I just hope this show forces her to take a good look at herself in the mirror. What a grinch.
I couldn't agree with you more. Drama queen with a rotten mouth.........

April 21, 2008, 2:22 pm CDT

04/21 The Dr. Phil House: House of Greed, Part 2

The daughter needs to grow up!!!  It is not up to her how Sonya spends her money or who to leave it to.  It is not required that the money goes to anyone in the family.  If she wants money she needs to go out and earn her own.

I have the same situation in my family.  I don't know if my father will leave me any money or leave it all to my little sister from his second marriage, but it is NOT up to me and I will not LOVE him any less for whatever choice he makes.

Jan

April 21, 2008, 2:35 pm CDT

Listen!!!

Sonja, do you ever stop talking long enough to listen to anyone else?  You are rediculous.  You have used your money to punish Lisa and to recruit Sarah.  Buying her loyalty at the expense of her relationship with Lisa is pathetic.  You keep bringing up the fact that Lisa talks about your will, it seems to me your started it, by using your will to hold over both Lisa and sarah's heads.  You have TWO daughters who are sisters.  Quit pitting them against each other.  You are right, they shouldn't be arguing about your will and they wouldn't be, if you weren't using it as a tool against Lisa and to buy Sarah.  Lisa....money isn't worth it. your mother is a sick, selfish, manipulative woman.   Sell your home and get out.  Forget about the will.  If Sarah is OK with what Sonja is doing, then she isn't any better.  some times we have to accept our families are toxic and it is best to move on, instead of being pawns in their games.

April 21, 2008, 2:42 pm CDT

Selfish, ungrateful Kids?

Quote From: haquestdrphil

What is upsetting and sick about this is the LACK OF RESPECT among this family!  First of all, Mom you don't need to use all that foul language!  I suspect this is one reason your daughters DISRESPECT YOU!  Girls, come on!!  Your mom isn't even dead!  What the heck is all this "will" talk?  Selfish, ungrateful kids is the only way I see this.  I couldn't live with that either!!!  I'm the mother of 6 and we don't speak to each other that way, I respect them, they respect me and I don't think anyone has even SUGGESTED what may be in our wills.  Get a life you girls!  And that granddaughter should NOT have one word to say about it!  You should have told them this Dr. Phil.
I'll bet you don't throw a (nonexistant) will in your childrens face either.  Why would they even know what Sonja's intent was, unlesss she was using her so called "will" to hurt and manipulate them.  If they are ungrateful and selfish, Ibelieve she is the cause!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last