Message Boards

Topic : 04/23 The Lost Boys and the Children of the Compound

Number of Replies: 450
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 18, 2008, 03:23:45 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues to examine the controversial Eldorado, Texas raid where 416 children were removed from an extreme religious sect known as the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Hear from Eldorado Mayor John Nikolauk, who has presided over the town for 20 years. What are his greatest fears now? Then, Dr. Phil sits down with Franklin and Deloy, two members of the Lost Boys -- young men who leave the polygamous community when they reach the age of puberty. Franklin and Deloy say they had no education past the sixth grade and need help dealing with repressed emotions, especially in the wake of the Eldorado raid. How can they move on with their lives? And, the fate of the 416 children removed from the compound now rests in the hands of lawmakers. Dr. Phil speaks with Gib Walton, President of the Texas state bar and Harper Estes, President Elect of the Texas State Bar to discuss the outcome of the hearings and to sort out custody issues. Plus, find out what you can do to help these children ripped from the only lifestyle they have ever known. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 28, 2008, 7:19 am CDT

Still Aint Workin For Me

Quote From: mommachic

Yes I have heard of concern for my fellow men...that's why I said I am truly sorry for you, and believe it or not I actually mean that! I'm sorry that you are so filled with anger and hatred. I don't know why you have such hate, and why you are fighting for people to hear you, but I'm sure there is a reason.  I hope that you can get some help in whatever it is you need. Maybe if you receive help you can get to root of your obsessions on the subject. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

My posts were informative and truthful, whereas you called them "lies", and your condescending attitude about the very problem with the FLDS is STILL NOT WORKING.

This discussion board is about a very difficult problem in Texas that is being dealt with by authorities and the Dr. Phil show alike, whereas the foriegn subject of polygamy hinges on the history and teachings of the LDS church itself. 

I hope that good and honest people will be helped by the information on this board, even though your disinformation campaign is included in the board's message body.

This information I presented to them  NO THANKS TO ANY OF YOU, as a non-member and as one who examined and rejected the religion for it's false belief system. 

As to what is and isn't allowed on this board I ask: WHO MADE YOU MODERATOR for crying outloud?

P.S. As for the time that is on my hands: I have been at home for several days battling allergies and swelling tonsils, for which I have had to have peniccilin treatments in the past, thank you.

April 28, 2008, 7:35 am CDT

To Kate

Quote From: KateBauer

I have a dear friend who is Morman, and I can not believe how brain washed she is.
Sadly, it seems you are too. Religions have historically been the root of most of the serious problems the earth has faced. War after war is only a portion. I have a life, honey, so don't tell me to get one also!!

I also have a great friend who's sister is married to a mormon in Texas.

My friend and her husband are great people and responsible caring parents for the children. He also does quite well in providing for them.  When she calls her sister in Texas, her husband takes the phone and tells her she should leave her husband and come live with them, calling him a good for nothing so and so on and so forth. He is a Mormon zealot.

He has lied to get help from various sources, and is a lazy individual who won't work while depending on his wife to work and pay the bills. My friend's husband however is a great guy and provider and winds up sad and p.o.'ed everytime his wife tries to talk to her sister on the phone. He has no desire to ever see the man again.

Personally, I would like to meet this idiot to see what would happen between us.

April 28, 2008, 7:52 am CDT

04/23 The Lost Boys and the Children of the Compound

Quote From: ammon7

We are not the church of Joseph Smith,  We are not the Church of Brigham Young,  We are not the Church of Parley Pratt.     We are THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST.  Stop getting your information from  anti-mormon  crap.  Come to our church,  hear what we say.  You will find Christ, love, kindness, compassion, truth, honor, integrity at the center of all our teachings.  You will not find  polygamy, castration, murder or any other warped doctrine.   None of these are cannonized doctrine. Cannonized meaning official,  they are just stories and personal accounts.  Do not confuse Cannonized doctrine with personal accounts.

Any church that is almost 200 years old has some colorful checkered stories.  It is very unfortunate.  We are very regretful.  The church  has made all  it's records available good or bad.  It is honest self-disclosure.   We admit mistakes were made, terrible things happened.  But hello,  this is 2008.  It's time to move on to the present.  Is there any story in your little books that are current in this millenium or even in the last 30 years.  Good luck trying to find any.   I think you need  to get a life and stop spending your time trying to convince readers that a church you have never attended is a false religion.  Wow I can't imagine  spending my valuable time studying up on all the anti-baptist, anti -methodist, anti-muslim,  anti-catholic, anti-lutheran literature.  We mormons allow  people to worship, how , where, when or what they choose.  GET A LIFE!    

I also enjoyed your post.   Isn't it great to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

God bless those who don't get it... I mean who really don't get it.

Usually when someone digs up so much anit crap, they are only trying to prove for themselves that the chuch isn't true.  They continue to do so because they are unable to disprove the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  God bless them.  I hope they find what they are looking for in life.

This is in response to who ever made the comment that Mormons are brain washed.... I was brain washed once at the age of 16, into loving The New Kids On the Block... and trust me.   That had nothing to do with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!  =)

April 28, 2008, 8:06 am CDT

Quote From: KateBauer

The mothers looked more like Stepford wives than the Stepford wives did. What mainly concerns me is certainly the mistreatment (if true)of sexual abuse and extreme discipline of these young children. However, possibly a bigger concern I have is that it looks as if some of the mothers are pregnant. I feel alot of these children will never be claimed, and these men will just impregnate these women, and in 9 or 10 months they will have a new generation to abuse. Polygamy has nothing to do with religion, but certainly getting away with being sexual diviates and/or child molesters.

Also, if no birth or death records are recorded with the states anything can be happening on those compounds. If these men are indeed breeding like rabbits, hopefully, they fully support these children, and no welfare is provided by the states.

Sadly peoples religion can be used to justify anything.
Welfare is being used, sad to say.

April 28, 2008, 8:24 am CDT

TRUTH

Quote From: mommachic

Great post! It's nice to hear from someone who is actually educated when it comes to the LDS faith. :)
WE AS MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTERDAY SAINTS CAN NO LONGER SIT BACK AND ALLOW ANTAGONISTIC AND BITTER PEOPLE AND GROUPS TO DEFINE OUR BELIEFS.  WE CANNOT ALLOW OTHERS TO  WARP THE PUBLIC PERCEPTION TOWARD OUR MORMON CHURCH.  WE ARE NOT ASKING OTHERS TO BELIEVE WHAT WE BELIEVE.  WE ARE ASKING FOR OPEN RESPECTFUL DIALOG.   YOU CANNOT REFUTE WHAT A PERSON DEEPLY BELIEVES.  YOU ARE NOT THE SOURCE OF TRUTH.  BOOKS AND FACTS ARE NOT THE SOURCE OF TRUTH.  GOD IS TRUTH.  IF I KNOW GOD HAS SPOKEN TRUTH TO MY SOUL.  NO BOOK OR FACT CAN CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.  I KNOW BECAUSE GOD IS A GOD OF TRUTH.  YOU CANNOT PUT GOD IN A BOX AND LIMIT HIS INFLUENCE ON OTHERS BASED ON YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM. 

April 28, 2008, 9:04 am CDT

Quote From: kennyllc

I also have a great friend who's sister is married to a mormon in Texas.

My friend and her husband are great people and responsible caring parents for the children. He also does quite well in providing for them.  When she calls her sister in Texas, her husband takes the phone and tells her she should leave her husband and come live with them, calling him a good for nothing so and so on and so forth. He is a Mormon zealot.

He has lied to get help from various sources, and is a lazy individual who won't work while depending on his wife to work and pay the bills. My friend's husband however is a great guy and provider and winds up sad and p.o.'ed everytime his wife tries to talk to her sister on the phone. He has no desire to ever see the man again.

Personally, I would like to meet this idiot to see what would happen between us.

You mean to tell me there is not one individual in your church who is a terrible person.  According to your argument because one person is bad (this man obviously is by his individual choice)  The entire church is going to heck in a handbasket.  I must therefore assume that because you are a bigot- every individual member of your church and your entire congregation is bigoted.  I don't think they would all appreciate that characterization.  I would not judge your entire religion based on your actions.  That would be unfair to them.   I[m sure you have nice wonderful, christlike unbigoted people in your congregation.  I would at least give them the benefit of the doubt.  Which is something that you have refused to offer us.  Shame on you and your un-christlike behavior.

April 28, 2008, 9:04 am CDT

Quote From: kennyllc

"On the basis of his erroneous assumption that the Mormons had stolen his court files and thus taken federal property, President Buchanan ordered federal troops to move into Utah and take control from Brigham Young and his Church. This announcement alarmed the Mormons, who feared that an occupying army would not just take control, it would systematically annihilate the Saints.

Across the territory, but particularly in the southern area, zealots used the cover of the Reformation to practice atrocities against Gentiles, apostate Mormons, and even individual rivals. In the Manti district, Bishop Warren Snow had his eye on a young lady who was being courted by a younger man. Under the guise of punishment for sexual misconduct, Snow captured his competitor and castrated the young man. As a warning to others, Snow, who never answered for his barbaric crime, nailed the man's body parts to the schoolhouse wall. Historian Josiah Gibbs reported in 1910 that the young man later died, insane, in a California hospital."

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/mass/mtn_meadows/8.html

May you find what you are looking for in life.  You seem to have alot of anger and rage going through you.  I hope you will find peace within yourself moving forward away from whatever it is that has this strong grasp of anger over you.

Hope you're feeling better soon.  No fun to be sick.  I have a little one home sick today.  Take care and get feeling better.  You are in our prayers. 

April 28, 2008, 10:26 am CDT

Quote From: ammon7

WE AS MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTERDAY SAINTS CAN NO LONGER SIT BACK AND ALLOW ANTAGONISTIC AND BITTER PEOPLE AND GROUPS TO DEFINE OUR BELIEFS.  WE CANNOT ALLOW OTHERS TO  WARP THE PUBLIC PERCEPTION TOWARD OUR MORMON CHURCH.  WE ARE NOT ASKING OTHERS TO BELIEVE WHAT WE BELIEVE.  WE ARE ASKING FOR OPEN RESPECTFUL DIALOG.   YOU CANNOT REFUTE WHAT A PERSON DEEPLY BELIEVES.  YOU ARE NOT THE SOURCE OF TRUTH.  BOOKS AND FACTS ARE NOT THE SOURCE OF TRUTH.  GOD IS TRUTH.  IF I KNOW GOD HAS SPOKEN TRUTH TO MY SOUL.  NO BOOK OR FACT CAN CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.  I KNOW BECAUSE GOD IS A GOD OF TRUTH.  YOU CANNOT PUT GOD IN A BOX AND LIMIT HIS INFLUENCE ON OTHERS BASED ON YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM. 

Funny thing is thats what the FLDS women have been saying too. maybe they think like you do that your books and your fact about the Mormon religion is disrepectful, and you cannot refute what was taught to them by the same fore fathers of the Mormon religion!!!!

and this board is open to anyone who wants to debate, and its kinda funny sad the ones who say they are religious are the ones throwing out names in the debate. You have the choice not to continue the debate, as whoevere whats to debate it can. stop cring that people are picking on your religion, there debating it, because it is in the formate, which it was lds members that put it there in the first place,

To start calling people sick and they should get help, because you don't like there side of the debate says you can refute what they are saying and are turning to name calling.

Other LDS members have posted and claimed their religions history in full, and stated that it is not that way today and they love their religion, and who could disagree with that. its when different veiws are said that make the debate,

April 28, 2008, 10:34 am CDT

Boy, am I Angry and Bitter!

Quote From: conniekin

May you find what you are looking for in life.  You seem to have alot of anger and rage going through you.  I hope you will find peace within yourself moving forward away from whatever it is that has this strong grasp of anger over you.

Hope you're feeling better soon.  No fun to be sick.  I have a little one home sick today.  Take care and get feeling better.  You are in our prayers. 

LOL!!!

I am in no way angry and bitter about this,rather concerned and disgusted, and I don't think any non-Mormon on this board has taken me to be an angry person. I however, will chalk these replies up as just another diversionary tactic and a disinformation campaign of LDS members against informative people.

What is so funny about it though, is that you guys think you are actually GOOD AT IT !!!!'  LOL!!!!!!!

April 28, 2008, 11:38 am CDT

get real

Quote From: getrealtime

Read all my post then get back to me, and I'm not saying the the LDS and the FLDS are one in the same, they are different in life styles but share the same religion, that stems from the book of mormon, given to J.Smith by the Angle Moroni.

One Branch of any religion does not have the power to cut out another branch and say they are not part of this religion anymore.

and as for your the United States Goverment never been wrong before question, I will say this

The Constitution insures the right to the Flds to be called Mormon. and all other branches of the Mormon church who call thmeselfs mormom. Its called freedom of religion, and no one has the power to take that away,

The Constitution insured the LDS when it first started as it insures their rights today to practice it, but it also insures the FLDS the freedom to do the same.

As the Constitution insures the rights of these children as Citizen of the US, and hopfully they will find a way to keep them safe. and make sure their rights are not being stopped on by the FLDS.

You may percieve that they are one and the same.  It is only your PERCEPTION  perception is subjective.  I give you the right to believe that.  However...  The official doctrine of the two church is that they are not the same.  There is no relationship between the two churches.    They are 2 separate entities.  Completely unrelated.  They are divorced in the eyes of the law.   Just because you insiste on believeing does not make it true.  It that were true then the catholic church and  all the protestant churches  are all one big happy church.  Not true, not accurate,   not sustainable in a court of law. 

First | Prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Next | Last