Message Boards

Topic : 04/24 A Boy in Trouble

Number of Replies: 375
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 18, 2008, 03:25:01 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What if you found out that your own child was molesting other children? Sherie-Lynn says her 12-year-old son, Parker, has been acting out sexually since he was 4 years old. She always suspected that he had been molested, and now that he’s been expelled from school for violent behavior and inappropriate sexual conduct with another student, she’s confronting her family’s dirty secret. Could Sherie-Lynn’s father, Al, whom she claims molested her as a child, have violated her son? And what does Sherie-Lynn’s mother, Elaine, say she witnessed? As Sherie-Lynn faces her painful past, will her father give her the answers she’s looking for? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 21, 2008, 3:48 pm CDT

04/24 A Boy in Trouble

What I would like to know is why isn't that disgusting man in jail. Not only should he be in jail as we speak but so should that mother. She was it happen when her daughter was 2 weeks old. They should both me in jail. There both sick.

May 21, 2008, 5:20 pm CDT

04/24 A Boy in Trouble

I can't believe that he was trying 2 hide behind God. His daughter needs some healing n he won't even do the right thing he makes sick 2 my stomch. Sherie-Lynn be strong I know u can get through it. I am here if u need 2 talk.

Johanna

May 23, 2008, 9:08 pm CDT

Boy in trouble

Quote From: blind_knoledge

I would like to know how many of you know what its like to be raped. Well I do. I was repeatedly raped from the age of 7 until i was 12 by my grand fother on my dad's side. I showed no signs of being abused my grades stayed the same i didn't act out in any way. Why didn't i tell he thretened to kill me even showed me what he what he would do it with. All 3 women in my family have been raped 2 of us repeatedly. So please think before you just say some thing or judge some one.

I don't understand why the mom of the "boy in trouble" stayed close to her parents for so many years after being physically and sexually abused by her father or why she let her son be alone with him. I can only assume she mentally blocked it out of her head until her son started showing signs of abuse. I don't understand how the grandmother could stand by her husband after what he did to his daughter either. Perhaps now she will be strong enough to get out of the marriage and get help and also to be there for her daughter and grandson. I believe that the grandfather molested his grandson but he probably will never admit to it for fear of going to prison. I wonder if he was ever molested as a child? It will be interesting to see what happens with this family.

July 23, 2008, 8:59 pm CDT

04/24 A Boy in Trouble

Quote From: stephic15

I was going to post that same question.  As a parent myself, the very first thing I would do is protect my child and keep him away from them.  Grandmother to because she has allowed it to happen.  Very first suspicion I would be gone.
I was going to ask the same question as well and why didnt Dr Phill ask?. Iam a mother of 5 and i know of an uncle that has touched his daughter and she did the same thing leaving her son and daughter over her fathers house over night (lots of time), Knowing to well that he touched her when she was a girl, i dont understand why a parent would do that (unless they are lying or attention seekers) I would never leave my children in his care ever . What the hell is Sherie-lynn thinking.

July 29, 2008, 5:12 pm CDT

Reminder

This show brought it all back to me, I was 13 years old wehn my step father abused me, for 3 years, I later found out he also sexually abused my sister and his own grand daughters.  This "guy" so reminded me of him.   He is a "Good Catholic", the worst part of all??  I told my Mum about this years ago and she still lives with the B******

I am now 48, this stuff never goes away.

First | Prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Next Page | Last Page