Message Boards

Topic : 04/25 Confronting Grandpa

Number of Replies: 1222
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 18, 2008, 03:26:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
A mother’s suspicion, a dirty secret from the past and shocking allegations continue as Sherie-Lynn and her husband, Todd, confront the man they suspect has molested Sherie-Lynn’s son, Parker. Did Sherie-Lynn’s own father, Al, whom she claims violated her as a child, turn his sick attentions to his own grandson? Is that why Parker, now 12, has been acting out sexually since he was 4 and has recently been expelled from school for violent behavior and inappropriate sexual conduct? Al admits he inappropriately touched Sherie-Lynn when she was just 2 weeks old, but says that was it, and says he never touched Parker. But as Dr. Phil digs deeper, he uncovers physical abuse and three other possible victims. Will a lie detector test settle the matter once and for all? Sherie-Lynn’s brother, Marty, doesn’t know what to believe. How will he feel about his father babysitting his own kids after the results of the polygraph test? And, what happens next for Parker? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 24, 2008, 1:35 pm CDT

Chilling

Watching the preview for tomorrows episode gave me chills - obviously something bad comes about regarding the lie-detector.  When Sherie-Lynn screams "NOOOO"  The way she says it sent chills down my spine.   Did anyone catch the lie-detector thingy jump when the grandfather was asked did you molest your grandson Parker?   The thingy jumped big-time.   That tells me this dude has serious issues!

April 24, 2008, 3:16 pm CDT

04/25 Confronting Grandpa

Fine! the Mother found her husband molesting her baby and didn't do anything about it...ok...that's awful yes...but why were her antennas not up after that is what I don't understand...Why did she not become suspicious of him and not allow him to be with her daughter and grandson alone...That's the part I don't get..I'm not judging...I'm just confused!!! I understand feeling trapped...but keep those antennas up..watch, listen, hide a baby monitor in your child's room and listen to see if someone comes in to your child in the night... !!! Allowing him to lay with her grandson after witnessing this bathtub incident? I just don't understand!!! I just don't understand!!! I just don't understand!!!

April 24, 2008, 4:01 pm CDT

THE PAIN

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW THAT LADY SAID THAT SHE SAW THIS HAPPEN AND DID NOT DO ANYTHING!!!!!!  MY PARENTS DID NOT BELIEVE ME WHEN I WAS BEING MOLESTED NOT ONLY BY MY AUNTS HUSBAND, BUT ALSO HIS BROTHER AND THEY DID NOT BELIEVE ME AND IT WENT ON FOR SEVERAL MORE YEARS UNTIL I RECRUITED THE HELP OF MY COUSIN AND WE CAUGHT HIM WITH HIS HAND IN THE COOKIE JAR IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN THEM MY PARENTS BELIEVED ME AND MY DAD CRACKED OVER THE READ WITH HIS BOWLING BALL BAG........

April 24, 2008, 4:25 pm CDT

"Grandpa" is a sicko

I'm glad I finished eating my dinner before watching todays show because it made me sick to my stomach.  I think "grandpa" (I use that term loosely with this monster) has some major issues that can't be fixed no matter how much jail time or therapy he would and should get.

Pedophiles are rarely ever cured because of their inability to accept the consequences of their actions.  "Grandpa" seemed to divorce himself from what he has done even when the evidence of their crime and the people they have hurt are sitting right in front of his face.  He speaks of it all in the third person like he is a bystander and not the cause of it all.

Dr. Phil could do a weeks worth of shows with this pervert and still wouldn't get anywhere with him.  Pedophiles like "grandpa" need to be shot for the benefit of innocent children everywhere.  As I said before, people like him can't be cured...so, why even try.

April 24, 2008, 5:10 pm CDT

What was that woman thinking?

Why? Why? Why? did Parker's mother leave her son with a man that she says molested her all her life!  She left her son in this man's care for over a year to get "her life together."  She should be charged with criminal child neglect knowingly leaving her son with this sick individual who should have been put behind bars years ago when he admittedly molested his own brothers and sister!   How dare she ask for justice when she herself put her son in harms way!

disgusted by all of them!

April 24, 2008, 5:19 pm CDT

weird grandpa

I think it is discusting for a grandfather to act like him. Why is he clapping when they think he should

be in jail, does he agree with them? I do he should be in jail and his wife to. How can she stay with

a guy like him. He just makes me sick

April 24, 2008, 10:35 pm CDT

Don't be fooled!

I think this episode was very informative.  My father molested me when I was a young girl.  I'm only 18 years old now and I do still see my father, but after this episode I know I will never ever let him anywhere near my future children.  I think it's important that everyone understand these child molesters are not just creepy men on the street.  They are usually the ones in your own family, the people you trust and feel closest to.  My mom never knew anything about this.  He manipulated my brothers and I, and completely fooled her.  Don't let them fool you too!

April 24, 2008, 11:30 pm CDT

cocky perv!!!!

Who is this cocky child molester!! Dr. Phil, u should call him out "in the name of Jesus Christ" Rebuke him!! Children do not make these things up.  I can barely look at him on the t.v., he has a bad spirit. The more my relationship gets stronger with my Savior, Jesus Christ, i can pick up on evil spirits. He is the perfect example of one. 

I also believe the daughter did not make up the pregnancy by her father. What kind of a child/ women can make up such  hurt . The mom is just as guilty. 

This man is completely evil!! and maybe the wife also for being OK.

I also believe that a person who proclaims to be a Christian and does these evil things to his children and grandchild should go to where they belong with there maker, SATAN!.

April 25, 2008, 12:02 am CDT

What I find to be an issue

I find to be an issue is how rape is dealt with. First I find an issue with the limitation on reporting a rape. Most rapists are always repeat offenders and if by some way made so as to not have the ability to rape (depo shots) They tend to escalate to murder. Rape is not about sex, but about violence and dominance. Rape also tends to be an awful and vicious cycle. That is passed on and down. Why they are not given more serious punishments or there is not a longer limitation on it. (or no limitation at all) Would make me feel happier that we are taking a stand and saying that we will not tolerate this! Also I tend to not like the word victim, as if we are still suffering and for every suffering I feel there are steps. Survivor is the final step. For people laying blame on the mothers. Yes they should have protected their children. Though then you have to go about the issues. Such as how this woman never stood up to face her attacker or stood up to even really admit what happened. She didn't seek help or therapy, and she didn't have a support system. She was treated like a liar. She cannot help her son or others until she helps herself. I know without support it is difficult to heal. I am a survivor of rape, I was lucky to have a wonderful support system. Which is always around me. Though four years later there are still issues that need to be dealt with. It's a healing, learning process. Which will never leave your mind. Though, learning to accept it and not take over your life is the way to go.

April 25, 2008, 4:15 am CDT

soooooo sick

I believe the old man is guilty of everything being talked about. He needs to be castrated so he

can never do this to anyone again. The boy is going to need help, maybe he can be rescued to

never do this again to anyone else. He will need lots of help.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last