Message Boards

Topic : 07/18 The Cougar Craze

Number of Replies: 584
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 25, 2008, 03:06:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date 05/02/08) Demi Moore did it. So did Madonna and Halle Berry. This trend of older women dating younger men is called the Cougar Craze, and it’s sweeping the country. Recently, at a New York speed-dating event, Sugar Mamas and Boy Toys, good-looking 35-year-old men wooed women over 35 who made at least $500,000 a year. Jeremy organized the event and says he was just answering a demand from affluent ladies. Was he sincere in his matchmaking or just out to make a buck? Dr. Phil talks to two women who participated in the event -- Gail, 44, and Nancy, 50. Their experiences might surprise you. Then, 51-year-old Kat says she’s no cougar; she just likes to date younger guys because men her age are set in their ways. She says her 23-year-old ex-boyfriend, Ryon, was loving, passionate and had a much higher libido than older men. Her friend, Nancy, says Kat has a great head for business, but a bad one when it comes to the opposite sex. She says young men just see dollar signs when they see Kat. Is Kat dating down, or should Nancy just butt out? And, Bobbi had an 11-year relationship with a man who was 17 years her junior, but she says once she turned 50, he saw her as too old. She wants to be in a relationship again, but not with an older man. Her son, Nathan, says someone still wet behind the ears can’t appreciate all Bobbi has to offer. Does Nathan have the right to put his foot down with his mother? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 28, 2008, 4:08 pm CDT

Younger men are better

Im a woman that dates only younger men 99% of the time. Even though Im in my mid 30's I like the mid 20's guys. They are some that are more into what Im into than the same age or older. They also seem to want to work things out if it gets bad.I dont act my age so why should I date someone my age or older?? If you can do it, I feel like more power to you!!

April 29, 2008, 12:29 am CDT

05/02 The Cougar Craze

Quote From: housewife52

But, people get dumped all the time, it doesn't matter if there's an age difference. That's the breaks for anyone and I don't know that there is a higher rate of dumping when there is an age difference. Years ago, before I got married, I got dumped several times by guys my own age because I wouldn't put out. There's a lot of different reasons for dumping. Sometimes we can't see it at the time, but the people who dump us are really doing us a favor.

I completly agree with you. I have been dumped by men my age more often than younger men. But this time around I think I ll stick to men my age.

April 29, 2008, 1:42 am CDT

we shall love whom we desire

Bobby you go girl! We shall love whom we disere, " we are all born for love; it is the principle of existance and its only end." I know your son means well, he is only trying to protect the people he loves; but after all it is your choice. You gave birth to him, loved him all his life and now he should let you be happy. People get dumped for many reasons, some we dont even really know. Like I for an example, I get dumped so many times by younger, older and men my age, but I wont give up on love for as long as I shall live. Your Ex was never meant for you, there is someone out there meant to share the rest of his life with you.

April 29, 2008, 7:09 am CDT

cougar craze

hey.  i still have my sexy cougar.  now i (30) and she (48).  we are still together and in love.  no matter how old or young you date.  as long as someone is in love.

April 29, 2008, 8:40 am CDT

05/02 The Cougar Craze

This has been goin' on for years and now it's all of a sudden a big thing for women?I had four kids while in my Twenties and was married. Got divorced.  I was 32, I was dating a 20 year old guy. My kids hated it. Yes, I was the Suga' Momma, I BOUGHT HIM EVERYTHING! clothes, apartment, car. We broke up after two years. I was single for 7 years playing the field exclusively with only younger men. Then I met my husband now of 8 years who is by the way 4 years younger than myself, We are happier than ever!!!

April 29, 2008, 11:41 am CDT

20 years later, not so hot

I'm 45, my wife is 55. When we met 20 years ago the age difference didn't  matter. About 15 years later she went through menopause and some psychological and health issues became more pronounced. She lost all interest in sex, and eventually, the ability to participate in it.

So, I'm a healthy 45-year-old man whose wife has been like a roommate for the last 4 years. I love her and our daughter. Emotionally, I feel trapped with a woman who'll be perfectly happy if she never has sex again and, yes, I resent that a whole bunch.

I finally gave up on reviving our sex life a year ago. She noticed "something was different" months later, but I think it's too late. If she "does something for me" it's as emotionally satisfying as owning a very well engineered blow-up doll. 

I realize that a physician and/or a psychologist or psychiatrist could probably help us immensely. Although my wife agrees "in theory", she's unwilling to participate.

So, guys... She may be hot now...  Try going for a few years without sex and get back to me about how you're enjoying life.

April 29, 2008, 12:08 pm CDT

05/02 The Cougar Craze

Quote From: icu812

Why wouldn't it be ok for an older woman to date a younger man? MEN DATE YOUNGER WOMEN ALL THE TIME! If it is ok for men to do it then it is ok for the women also. I don't think it is morally right myself because people need to ask themselves "Would I date someone young enough to be my kid?" Why do people think when they date someone that much younger then they are it is ok, what  just because they are adults in the laws eyes? They are still young enough to be one of your kids! Most relationships with that BIG of an age gap usually doesn't work because the elder of the 2 wants to try and parent them instead of join as 1 and compromise with the decisions in the relationship. I don't understand the "want" to be with someone that is so much younger and I guess i'll never know. But hey, as I said in the beginning, if MEN can do it the by golly so can the WOMEN!!! So "COUGAR UP" ladies, I guess!!!!
I've never been a believer in those "May-December" relationships, with 20+ year age differences, regardless of which gender is older. While the older man might consider himself a "stud" for getting himself a young gal, she's most likely using him as a "sugar-daddy". And, those older "cougar" women. How many of them are being used as "sugar-mommies"?

April 29, 2008, 12:57 pm CDT

>>> I agree

i   agree,  most  women  likes  younger Guys SHE feels  sexy...  i know  i lost  mine  because  she 

wanted to b  more  aggressive  with  Younger  Guys...any comments  or  suggestions ???jórg

April 29, 2008, 1:12 pm CDT

::: 20 yéars not soHót :::

Quote From: hammerofbob

I'm 45, my wife is 55. When we met 20 years ago the age difference didn't  matter. About 15 years later she went through menopause and some psychological and health issues became more pronounced. She lost all interest in sex, and eventually, the ability to participate in it.

So, I'm a healthy 45-year-old man whose wife has been like a roommate for the last 4 years. I love her and our daughter. Emotionally, I feel trapped with a woman who'll be perfectly happy if she never has sex again and, yes, I resent that a whole bunch.

I finally gave up on reviving our sex life a year ago. She noticed "something was different" months later, but I think it's too late. If she "does something for me" it's as emotionally satisfying as owning a very well engineered blow-up doll. 

I realize that a physician and/or a psychologist or psychiatrist could probably help us immensely. Although my wife agrees "in theory", she's unwilling to participate.

So, guys... She may be hot now...  Try going for a few years without sex and get back to me about how you're enjoying life.
     i   agree  with  You... might  be  nice & Cózy   but  as  the  Years  go by  no more intimacy...BELIEVE it

April 29, 2008, 1:30 pm CDT

>>> The Cougar Craze

Quote From: housewife52

But, people get dumped all the time, it doesn't matter if there's an age difference. That's the breaks for anyone and I don't know that there is a higher rate of dumping when there is an age difference. Years ago, before I got married, I got dumped several times by guys my own age because I wouldn't put out. There's a lot of different reasons for dumping. Sometimes we can't see it at the time, but the people who dump us are really doing us a favor.

You are  absolutely  right !!!..people  get  dumped  for  any  reason, i know  for the  fact  that  i

was   a   55male  healthy  and   very loving...and  1dáy  my  wife  of  3yéars  decided to

look   for a  Younger  Guy  and  she was only (33) She  wanted and  she  got it!

The only  thing is ...You Reap  what you Sow.jórg

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last