Message Boards

Topic : 08/08 Divorce that Daughter-in-Law!

Number of Replies: 381
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 02, 2008, 01:14:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/05/08) Dr. Phil follows up on the story of Pierre, his wife, Amanda, and his meddling mom, Yolande. When they first appeared on the show, Amanda said her mother-in-law was controlling and never approved of her. Yolande said she hoped her son would be with a more educated woman, and she even criticized Amanda in French right in front of her! Pierre was torn between his mother's money and life with his wife. When he returned home, did he take Dr. Phil's advice and cut the purse strings? Pierre claims his mother is jealous and judgmental of the women he dates. She disagrees and says she's only recently become involved in his love life. Dr. Phil puts Yolande to the test. Then, Pierre asks Dr. Phil for help revealing a secret to his mom. And, Amanda and Yolande haven't spoken to each other in months. Sparks fly when they face off on Dr. Phil's stage. Will Pierre finally choose the road to independence? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you have in-law problems? Talk about it here: Getting Along with Your In-Laws

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 2, 2008, 6:49 pm CST

The negative messages about the mother inlaw come from people who lack careful listening and objective observation.

The critics who attack me for speaking French did not notice that I never spoke French in the physical presence of Amanda. In the restaurant episode with a translator, they did not notice that Yolande only speaks French when Amanda is not at the table. Moreover. the picture of Amanda sitting on a sofa next to Pierre, with Pierre on the phone, clearly shows that I only spoke French on the phone. Amanda criticized me for speaking French on the phone, she never said that I spoke French in her physical presence. The reason I always spoke French on the phone was to help Pierre maintain his French speaking skills, since he was a French teacher. My French phone calls were his only opportunity to practice the language with a native speaker of French. I never criticized Pierre's relationship with Amanda, I only complained about the lack of rental payments,the cigarette damage in the house and the alcohol. I left out the fact that the alcohol problem was the cause of several police interventions at my house, in my absence.

I am amazed that the people hostile towards me on this website did not even notice that I was much more polite than Amanda and that I avoided giving any information that could have severely damaged the careers of Amanda and Pierre. All I ever brought up was the finances and the alcohol. Another important point is that the show presented only about 10% of over 15 hours of interviews.

It is sad to see so many hostile and prejudiced messages which really display the ignorance and lack of focus of the authors.

Yolande

First | Prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Next Page | Last Page